+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

FORT Fanatic

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Did I read it right....that Monday they peform two dances...they get scored and we vote. Then on Tuesday night all three perform one more dance and get scored. They add that to Monday's scores and van votes to determine final two. The final two do the instant samba to be scored. Then they determine the winner. If that is right then the judges have more pull than ever. They can determine who wins by how they score the samba.
    This is what they did the year Nicole won, with all three performing a dance on Tuesday for judges scores alone. They all chose to do their Argentine Tango. I don't remember if the first place couple got 10 points, or 30, but of course it was Nicole that was placed first by the judges, and with that, it was all over but the crying. This was also the year I finally realized any voting I had done was a waste of time. The finale was structured in such a way, it gave the judges all the power, and that IMO, made viewers votes irrelevant.

It's a tossup as to which of these three will reap the benefits of this final judges score this year, although I'm inclined to think Ricki could be out at this point. Carrie Ann will lobby for Rob to win, but in the end, I think JR takes the trophy. Not only does he deserve it on his dancing ability, and even though I don't watch this show anymore, I have seen some of his dances, but he is such a huge fan favorite, and such an inspiration to people, a JR win gives them the feel good ending they want and need, at this point.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

JR deserves this trophy. He is the better dancer, has improved, and is a fan favorite. Rob has improved so I think he deserves 2nd. I think Dereck is a fabulous dancer, teacher, and choregrapher but his wins are getting old....and to me I don't think Ricki has improved. Oh...did I mention I hate cockiness? It is an ugly trait in someone....
    NFL1, karalott, TIA__MA and 3 others like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Did I read it right....that Monday they peform two dances...they get scored and we vote. Then on Tuesday night all three perform one more dance and get scored. They add that to Monday's scores and van votes to determine final two. The final two do the instant samba to be scored. Then they determine the winner. If that is right then the judges have more pull than ever. They can determine who wins by how they score the samba.
    If this happens and JR is not the winner over Rob, I think the show will lose many voters.

I'm sorry, but while Rob is good, he is simply there because he's a Kardashian, and he's NOT better than JR or dare I say Ricki.

Ricki I feel is a bit entitled now, and same goes with Derek. He's a good choreographer, and I do respect his dancing (he also has charm unlike Mark) but still... he hasn't been seriously challenged, even with Ricki. If this duo wins, it will be because girls can't get enough of Derek IMHO. That is a shame not just for Ricki but also the show in itself.

(Please note, this is going to be a black and white assessment that might bother or unnerve some people at my bluntness. I apologize in advance.)

IMHO - if JR doesn't win this one we'll see huge flak brought to ABC and the like. He's a military vet, so there may be some who cry that this was an anti-military movement if the judges favor one of the other two dancers (who overall have been weaker than JR - I mean, honestly, I think had JR not been hurt he'd again had a 60, or pretty close). This is exactly what ABC does NOT need, because trust me people may not agree with our government but they support our troops, especially those who have been wounded such as JR.

Then you have the above of course - he's been good in just about every single dance. He's not felt entitled, he's only frowned because he's been in pain but danced anyway, and been respectful of all the dance groups - even if it meant not commenting or trying to stay away from the fray.

Then you have the fact that if either of the other two win, there will be the anger and outrage that a golden boy/girl got the trophy again over a seriously much better dancing pair throughout the season. If these judges don't want the flak for people saying this stuff, they need to look at the best dancers overall, not if their names are Mark, Derek or Cheryl. Karina has earned her dues and should win this with JR.

This would be the biggest travesty if JR doesn't win this season. The ONLY way I can see it as legitimate is if the team either knocks themselves out (literally) or cannot continue. They're still - even with JR's injury, the best of the three.
    TIA__MA, VAgirl79 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

JR deserves this trophy. He is the better dancer, has improved, and is a fan favorite. Rob has improved so I think he deserves 2nd. I think Dereck is a fabulous dancer, teacher, and choregrapher but his wins are getting old....and to me I don't think Ricki has improved. Oh...did I mention I hate cockiness? It is an ugly trait in someone....
    If Derek wasn't Ricki's partner, I doubt she would have made the finals. And I doubt she would have been getting the same scores and praise from the judges, even if she did the exact same routines with someone else. It's why I want Derek to get a partner with absolutely zero ability. If they can move even somewhat decently, it's good enough for the judges to overscore and fall over themselves. Her first jive that got 9s, when J.R. did a much cleaner job (and more fun-that first job seemed more about Derek), but CA found a lift so gave it an 8, and Len thought it was more lindy? That was a perfect 30 if I ever saw it. I've been bored by Ricki constantly being at the top of the leaderboard, sharing it with J.R., or in rare weeks being second (but just like any other season, she had one off week where she took a tumble and the usual 'our former front runner goofed, leaving us a new leader'...do they even need writers for this show?) I'm ready for a Hough/Ballas free finale again. Derek and Cheryl are nothing new and exciting. I'm not thinking their freestyles are going to be anything special. Cheryl bombed her last 2, though in her defense, both her partners were injured (though I felt Cheryl still could have done better). Kristin and Chynna in the weeks they were eliminated were still better dancers than Rob. Luckily, dancing doesn't matter much in the freestyle to CA and Bruno. Whoever can do the most tricks and gimmicks and the worst imitation of hip hop (because that's CA and Bruno's comfort zone), gets automatic praise. I bet if someone did an entirely ballroom centered freestyle, CA especially would mark it down and say she didn't get it.

I can't believe the show won't guarantee J.R. the winner, even if the fans don't come through. While I think the fan and judges vote are still split 50/50, I have to think the judges votes on the second night can still override the overall total and change the outcome. Like last season, they seem to make up the rules as they go along. Season 9, 10, and 11, they ranked the final dance of the final 3, last season they scored it. And, I don't see how an insta-samba will be a hardship to anyone, because while they don't have the music, they know the dance. The judges typically go easy on everyone in the finals, anyway.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-21-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    If Derek wasn't Ricki's partner, I doubt she would have made the finals. And I doubt she would have been getting the same scores and praise from the judges, even if she did the exact same routines with someone else. It's why I want Derek to get a partner with absolutely zero ability. If they can move even somewhat decently, it's good enough for the judges to overscore and fall over themselves. Her first jive that got 9s, when J.R. did a much cleaner job (and more fun-that first job seemed more about Derek), but CA found a lift so gave it an 8, and Len thought it was more lindy? That was a perfect 30 if I ever saw it. I've been bored by Ricki constantly being at the top of the leaderboard, sharing it with J.R., or in rare weeks being second (but just like any other season, she had one off week where she took a tumble and the usual 'our former front runner goofed, leaving us a new leader'...do they even need writers for this show?) I'm ready for a Hough/Ballas free finale again. Derek and Cheryl are nothing new and exciting. I'm not thinking their freestyles are going to be anything special. Cheryl bombed her last 2, though in her defense, both her partners were injured (though I felt Cheryl still could have done better). Kristin and Chynna in the weeks they were eliminated were still better dancers than Rob. Luckily, dancing doesn't matter much in the freestyle to CA and Bruno. Whoever can do the most tricks and gimmicks and the worst imitation of hip hop (because that's CA and Bruno's comfort zone), gets automatic praise. I bet if someone did an entirely ballroom centered freestyle, CA especially would mark it down and say she didn't get it.

I can't believe the show won't guarantee J.R. the winner, even if the fans don't come through. While I think the fan and judges vote are still split 50/50, I have to think the judges votes on the second night can still override the overall total and change the outcome. Like last season, they seem to make up the rules as they go along. Season 9, 10, and 11, they ranked the final dance of the final 3, last season they scored it. And, I don't see how an insta-samba will be a hardship to anyone, because while they don't have the music, they know the dance. The judges typically go easy on everyone in the finals, anyway.
    ^This!!! Totally agree.
    If Ricki hadn't been partnered up with the golden boy I don't believe she would even make it this far. I just watched some clips of their dances, was Ricki always this arrogant? Whatever, though, she still's more tolerable/likeable than J.G I don't understand how young girls fawn over Derek or is it just me or something? I mean are his fans like in their 14's? 15's? Cause when I watched the show when I was 14 I always fawned over Maks.....<3 xD I guess different people have different tastes :3 I think if Derek got a partner who had no dance experience whatsoever, I would cut him some slack.

It would be incredibly saddening if J.R. wasn't handed the trophy.... Plus, we need a new pro to win.
    karalott, Coco46 and jucamer like this.

E! is airing Khloe & Lamar right now in the central time zone and are pimping Rob's DWTS phone number.

I want J.R. to win, but I'm so ready for this season to be over, I really don't care. It's the most anti climactic finale if J.R. wins, but it's a load of crock if he doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they re-examined their voting like they did with Bristol if J.R. loses. But I don't see that happening. Let's crown the most obvious winner or the least deserving and call it a season.
    jucamer likes this.

Very ugly, that's why I could never take to Maks
    maude~flanders likes this.

I'll be voting for JR, but this could be a surprise outcome.

Len seems to have joined CA on the Rob bandwagon. I fear the judges will push Rob just to make a point. Remember, according to CA the judging isn't based on any objective standard, but rather on what a 10 means to each person. Using this thinking they will reason that Rob made the best overall improvement and deserves to be king of the world.

If we didn't have to endure his family each week I might be able to form an objective opinion of his dancing. As it is, I've been hoping for his departure since Week #1, so how ironic if he wins.

Question for tonight: Which judge will visit each couple to give them advice? Will they pair CA with Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I'll be voting for JR, but this could be a surprise outcome.

Len seems to have joined CA on the Rob bandwagon. I fear the judges will push Rob just to make a point. Remember, according to CA the judging isn't based on any objective standard, but rather on what a 10 means to each person. Using this thinking they will reason that Rob made the best overall improvement and deserves to be king of the world.

If we didn't have to endure his family each week I might be able to form an objective opinion of his dancing. As it is, I've been hoping for his departure since Week #1, so how ironic if he wins.

Question for tonight: Which judge will visit each couple to give them advice? Will they pair CA with Rob?
    CA will probably get one of her boys-Rob or Derek. I read that Rob's freestyle song is 'Minnie the Moocher'. Kind of an odd choice for a freestyle song, but I had to laugh at the moocher part. At least it's fitting. His first unlearned dance is the waltz-what a challenge Of course, I'm interested what Cheryl comes up with, but won't be surprised if it bombs (but if the judges still praise it and grossly overscore it).

Rob winning is worse than Derek getting a 4th trophy. Of course, the show could arrange it just to give the 3 stooges more power next season to prevent another outcome like that. They did it with the WTA dance after Bristol, although they're always behind a season with things like that. Apparently, when everyone does their repeat dance tomorrow, the judges are ranking them rather than scoring them individually.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread