+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG Kara - I LOVE your new avatar!!
    Thanks! And I refuse to believe there won't be a next time...but if by chance there isn't, look for the Chmerkovskiy obsessed fan outside the studio with her shrine

I wish we could have had more dances with those 2 this season.
    GabbyG, Bet2Win and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I apologize if we're not allowed to post a link like this, but it's Yahoo's list of the 12 worst dance costumes of this season:

DWTS Wackiest Costumes - Yahoo! TV
    Scary thing is I tried on a prom dress in 1987 that looked a lot like Ricki's dress from '80s week...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Thanks! And I refuse to believe there won't be a next time...but if by chance there isn't, look for the Chmerkovskiy obsessed fan outside the studio with her shrine

I wish we could have had more dances with those 2 this season.

me too!

FORT Fogey

This doesn't have to do with this season, but tonight E! premiered a half hour bio special on Kelly Osbourne. In it, she talks about how important Louis and DWTS were in terms of helping her become a happier, healthier person. There's a short clip of Louis trying to choke back tears while talking about how proud he is of Kelly. It's really very sweet.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    This doesn't have to do with this season, but tonight E! premiered a half hour bio special on Kelly Osbourne. In it, she talks about how important Louis and DWTS were in terms of helping her become a happier, healthier person. There's a short clip of Louis trying to choke back tears while talking about how proud he is of Kelly. It's really very sweet.
    Aww...I missed Louis this season. I'd like to see more couples like him and Kelly. She is what this show is all about for me. Someone who comes in where people have one set of expectations of you but wind up totally changing their mind, having no obvious dance experience, learning and improving every week (and having it show), and totally being respectful and having a fun relationship with your partner. I never would have predicted her to make the finals. I'm glad she wound up with Louis and not Mark, as was originally rumored. I think they might have been toxic together.

As for tomorrow night-for the repeat dances, no real surprises: Ricki is doing her Psycho tango, Rob his foxtrot from story week, and J.R. his jive from week 2, that Len said was too lindy and CA docked them for a lift I hope out of spite Karina throws in extra lifts just to mess with CA. Obviously, we know who will come out on top of that round. We'll see if the judges contradict themselves and totally praise J.R.'s jive when they knocked him down a few pegs when he did it week 2, for the reasons stated above. Karina also said they're doing a latin style freestyle, which has me excited. I'd rather see a creative, original, fun themed freestyle (Drew/Cheryl), or one where there's actual ballroom and plenty of dancing (Joey/Kym), or something completely outside the box (Erin/Maks), over another horribly dance hip hop routine or one that's filled with more flips, tricks, gimmicks, dancing on the judges table, and messing about. I'm glad Karina's in the finals to give us something new and fresh.

I still think it's J.R.'s to lose. Not sure who will take the other spot. Right now I'm leaning towards Rob getting 2nd, with Ricki 3rd. We'll see if the judges totally kiss everyone's a** tomorrow or if they have to bring the hammer down on one of their personal favorites.
    TIA__MA likes this.

FORT Fogey

OK I have been quietly supporting Rob for second behind JR, but I heard a comment from Rob this weekend that changed it. I do not know what channel it was on but they were talking about what they do to recycle, and he stated that he leaves his empty water bottles out for the maid. I lost total respect for him at that moment as it was just totally disgusting. As much as Derek drives me nuts, and I am over him, I am now rooting for JR first, and Ricki a distant second.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Aww...I missed Louis this season. I'd like to see more couples like him and Kelly. She is what this show is all about for me. Someone who comes in where people have one set of expectations of you but wind up totally changing their mind, having no obvious dance experience, learning and improving every week (and having it show), and totally being respectful and having a fun relationship with your partner. I never would have predicted her to make the finals. I'm glad she wound up with Louis and not Mark, as was originally rumored. I think they might have been toxic together.

As for tomorrow night-for the repeat dances, no real surprises: Ricki is doing her Psycho tango, Rob his foxtrot from story week, and J.R. his jive from week 2, that Len said was too lindy and CA docked them for a lift I hope out of spite Karina throws in extra lifts just to mess with CA. Obviously, we know who will come out on top of that round. We'll see if the judges contradict themselves and totally praise J.R.'s jive when they knocked him down a few pegs when he did it week 2, for the reasons stated above. Karina also said they're doing a latin style freestyle, which has me excited. I'd rather see a creative, original, fun themed freestyle (Drew/Cheryl), or one where there's actual ballroom and plenty of dancing (Joey/Kym), or something completely outside the box (Erin/Maks), over another horribly dance hip hop routine or one that's filled with more flips, tricks, gimmicks, dancing on the judges table, and messing about. I'm glad Karina's in the finals to give us something new and fresh.

I still think it's J.R.'s to lose. Not sure who will take the other spot. Right now I'm leaning towards Rob getting 2nd, with Ricki 3rd. We'll see if the judges totally kiss everyone's a** tomorrow or if they have to bring the hammer down on one of their personal favorites.

If I remember correctly, Karina did exactly the same thing when she made the finals with Mario Lopez. They'd been heavily criticized for the break in hold during their tango, which Mario had wanted for dramatic purposes, so they redid the tango--and got straight tens. I really think J.R. would be unbeatable in that round if they redid his story week song, but I can also understand why that's a moment that they prefer to leave as it was. I hope the fact that they chose a jive and a Latin free dance means his ankle is back to normal.

And ITA about the hip hop free styles. I swear, at this point, they all look the same--and Bruno and CA continue to squeal about them while Len looks less enthusiastic. If it's a show about ballroom dancing, I'd like to see some evidence of what they've learned in the freestyle, and there's no hip hop anywhere in the show. I don't think they have to do an exact dance--that is, that they don't have to do a VW for their freestyle--but whatever they do should show some elements of what they've learned over the course of the season. Shannon and Mark probably could have done their freestyle even if they hadn't done the rest of the show, and I really didn't think it was that good, though to be fair, I didn't really like the Flashdance freestyle Cheryl put together for Gilles that season either, because I didn't think it played to his strengths or featured him enough.

Did I read it right....that Monday they peform two dances...they get scored and we vote. Then on Tuesday night all three perform one more dance and get scored. They add that to Monday's scores and van votes to determine final two. The final two do the instant samba to be scored. Then they determine the winner. If that is right then the judges have more pull than ever. They can determine who wins by how they score the samba.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Did I read it right....that Monday they peform two dances...they get scored and we vote. Then on Tuesday night all three perform one more dance and get scored. They add that to Monday's scores and van votes to determine final two. The final two do the instant samba to be scored. Then they determine the winner. If that is right then the judges have more pull than ever. They can determine who wins by how they score the samba.
    That's how I read it too--the judges have a ton of power here. Not to mention that they have an insta-samba, and the samba just happens to be one of Rob's better dances. Man, I hope J.R. can pull this off. It's time someone other than a select handful of pros wins this thing, and J.R., like Mario, is proof that Karina can do well with the right partner. And I don't care how much he's improved, Rob still isn't as good as J.R. For my money, neither is Ricki. But that's a lot of dancing in two days, so J.R.'s ankle injury worries me some. I'd hate to see that derail his progress when he's been consistently good so far, even if the judges have given more weeks at the top of the leader board and a higher overall average score to Ricki (though I think that was significantly affected by J.R.'s injury-hampered performances last week; I know Ricki hurt her ribs, but J.R. reinjured that ankle mid-dance, which had to be more of a distraction to his finishing the dance properly).

+ Reply to Thread