Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If not, what is her job exactly?
    To oogle Rob Kardashian's butt.
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think CA was probably directing that at people attacking her on twitter. She's been noticeably quiet on twitter for once. I really hope if there's some power struggle going on in the background that CA doesn't win. She's just as replacable as the pros. She couldn't have made her feelings more apparent. It's why I think the show just doesn't care. People need to actually tune out for them to get the message. As long as people are watching and finding something to talk or complain about, nothing will change. They'll probably just up the ante. Last season we had Ralph getting hosed, this season it was Hope, and who knows next season. Granted, I know Hope wasn't the best dancer, but the only two dancers who got screwed early on were Kristin and Chynna (and to a lesser extent Elisabetta). But Carson, Chaz, Nancy, Rob, and even David (who I didn't think was as good as those 3) outlasted them, so it's not like Hope is some Bristol Palin. The show wanted this as their final 3, and they got it. If it happens again next season, if I tune in (it'll be hard without Maks, especially if I get a line up of pros I don't like and that is predictable with their pairings), I may tune out in the fall.

And I think it's absolute crap that the show didn't let Hope or Maks appear on Kimmel or GMA. Way to screw her over yet again. Apparently they must catch on that people are agreeing with them and are afraid what they're going to say. I'm glad Hope spoke up and said that it wasn't their choice.
    GabbyG, TIA__MA and jucamer like this.

According to Hope Solo's Twitter page, she wanted to be on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night. That choice was not made by her, so the article saying that she refused to do interviews after the elimination appear to be inaccurate. I wonder who leaked that? Her tweets certainly indicate otherwise.

FORT Fogey

I love Carrie Ann. I think she is a great judge - as are all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    According to Hope Solo's Twitter page, she wanted to be on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night. That choice was not made by her, so the article saying that she refused to do interviews after the elimination appear to be inaccurate. I wonder who leaked that? Her tweets certainly indicate otherwise.
    Preemptive strike by TPTB?

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Preemptive strike by TPTB?
    I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for Maks returning next season, if he even planned on it. I just hope TPTB don't take it out on Val or Tony (as that's his BFF and often agrees with him). I can see why the other pros were quick to apologize to the judges and why they don't utter a peep when their celeb is getting trashed; they're probably too afraid.

I did notice this tweet from CA:

What an emotionally charged season! Whew!!! Let's focus on the great dancing we are going to see in the finals!! We have 3 good ones!
    Not sure about the great dancing part. I don't think the show deserves to get J.R. as a winner. It'd serve them right to have Ricki or Rob when J.R.'s the big fan favorite, people don't like the Kardashians, and are tired of Derek winning. Of course, they'd probably just find another way to rig it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm thinking this doesn't bode well for Maks returning next season, if he even planned on it.

Well I think all this hype is making more tune in.I for sure will tuning in and cheering.
    I have moved on from AC/Hope/Maks.

Looking forward to next week should be fun..

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Here's another tweet from Maks:

Another 'lifetime lived'... Now on to the next one... Starting by doing something I haven't done in a while.....
    Not sure if that's his way of saying he's done or not. I really hope this doesn't mean Val won't be back or, if he is, that the judges give him a better chance than his brother. If it's another season of the same pros winning...I can't blame Edyta, Alec, and Jonathan for moving on. I'm inclined to believe the falling out Edyta had with producers is true, but I'd totally side with her on it. Tony said he'd stick with the show as long as they'd have him. Louis said the show was ready to move on from him because they considered him too old for the demo they wanted, but he said fan support is what brought him back. I just worry the show will pretend they're bringing in new blood as a way to get rid of someone like Tony (which if they did, means any pro that was on the first 5 seasons would have to go, as they've all consistantly been on since-give or take a pro missing a season). It's predictable that either J.R. wins or Derek gets Ricki the win. We'll see if Len does like he did to Evan and tell Nicole before he even got a chance to dance that they hoped she won. I hope Derek gets another movie offer that takes 2 years to film. And takes Mark with him.
    TIA__MA likes this.

+ Reply to Thread