+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    A lot of these rumors are probably exaggerated or just plain made-up, but I totally believe that Derek and Maks are over each other. But it's probably something that's been slowly brewing for years that finally came to a boil this season.

I also believe that Derek is dating famous women only for the publicity, but for my own selfish reasons...
    I have a feeling you're right on that count! Where there's smoke, there's fire and those rumors have been around for years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I have a feeling you're right on that count! Where there's smoke, there's fire and those rumors have been around for years.
    I mean PLEASE! His sister is dating Ryan Seacrest! How much more fire can there be! I'm talking flames a mile high!
    Critical likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

If Derek is dating Lauren Conrad for publicity, than he better aim higher. I had to look up who she was. As for he and Maks and Julianne and all the stuff being said I feel that most of the pros probably are not happy with the Houghs. They are asked for by most of the stars that come on, they are over praised by the judges, the show has them in every sequence possible, and I am sick of them and I do not even know them.

I am probably the only one, but I see nothing special looks wise about Derek. He is too boylike for me. I think Tristan, Maks, and even Val are so much more hot than Derek. I also can feel the anguish that Karina, Anna, Tony, and Maks obviously feel for never having won and working so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    "Derek is dating Lauren Conrad for publicity," says the insider of his romance with the Hills star. "He is focused on becoming a huge star like Julianne."
    Huge star? What? Where? Wouldn't a huge star be someone that people have heard of?
    TIA__MA and AZChristian like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm not surprised, as it'll be difficult for Nancy, and likely difficult for Hope and Rob. If I were Karina, I'd say screw the 3 stooges and do whatever I want. Others get away with it, why not her?
    Because she is not among those "others" who can get away with it. She and Ralph got screwed by the insta-dance last season. I doubt she wants to go through that again, no matter how popular and talented J.R. may be.

FORT Fogey

US magazine isn't exactly a pillar of journalistic integrity. I'd take anything they print with an entire month's production of the local Morton's factory.

As for Julianne being a huge star, no, she isn't. Certainly not by Hollywood's standards. But she probably is a bit more recognizable to the general public than Derek, just because of the recent publicity for the remake of Footloose. Also, she's been on a few red carpets and gets E! News coverage because of her relationship with Ryan Seacrest.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    If Derek is dating Lauren Conrad for publicity, than he better aim higher. I had to look up who she was. As for he and Maks and Julianne and all the stuff being said I feel that most of the pros probably are not happy with the Houghs. They are asked for by most of the stars that come on, they are over praised by the judges, the show has them in every sequence possible, and I am sick of them and I do not even know them.

I am probably the only one, but I see nothing special looks wise about Derek. He is too boylike for me. I think Tristan, Maks, and even Val are so much more hot than Derek. I also can feel the anguish that Karina, Anna, Tony, and Maks obviously feel for never having won and working so hard.
    I thought I was the only one too! I never understood how people kept saying 'Derek is sooooo hot!!!' IMO,No He's not. If you want Hot, look at Maks <3 Tristan is cute...

I feel for the other pros too I hate see repeated winners it's getting tiresome, I really wish last year Maks won with Kirstie, I reallly never understood all the hype around Hines. Get rid of Ballas and Hough and then you got yourself a fair competition. Unless, the judges will find a way to overpraise another pro, yet again. Well actually get rid of CA and Bruno, then it would be fair.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    As for Julianne being a huge star, no, she isn't. Certainly not by Hollywood's standards. But she probably is a bit more recognizable to the general public than Derek, just because of the recent publicity for the remake of Footloose.
    Well, she's no Lori Singer, but if you say so.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    I thought I was the only one too! I never understood how people kept saying 'Derek is sooooo hot!!!' IMO,No He's not. If you want Hot, look at Maks <3 Tristan is cute...

I feel for the other pros too I hate see repeated winners it's getting tiresome, I really wish last year Maks won with Kirstie, I reallly never understood all the hype around Hines. Get rid of Ballas and Hough and then you got yourself a fair competition. Unless, the judges will find a way to overpraise another pro, yet again. Well actually get rid of CA and Bruno, then it would be fair.
    I dont think anyone on that show is hot.Certainly not Maks. I watch for their dance techinque and their choreography.I think Derek works very hard on both.Very hard, and it shows

Something about Derek reminds me of a grown Justin Bieber.

+ Reply to Thread