+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Me too - I loved the last Halloween show. Your comment brought to mind Joey and Edyta's tango to the Addams' Family theme song. I just went and watched it on YouTube. It was every bit as good and fun as I remembered. It was a long clip - from the rehearsal package through the judging. The scores were 10-9-9 - it was interesting to see how toned-down Bruno's comments were back then. I liked him back then - not so much now with his over-the-top theatrics for practically every dance.
    I love watching clips from then, because even the Halloween show had more dancing and less props/gimmicks than what we'll probably see next week. My favorite were both Monique and Louis's dances-the cha cha to Ghostbusters, and the tango to Somebody's Watching Me. And Emmitt gave one of my all time favorite rumbas (and I don't have many) to Spooky. I liked the Halloween show last year on the British version as well, although that had quite a few props thrown in (but it kind of fit, I guess). Wonder what songs they'll be using and what the individual dances will be. I hope we still get the AT this season I could take a whole night of that over 1 rumba. I'm trying to think what has what left to dance. Nancy hasn't done the samba or jive; I don't think Hope has done the quickstep.

Another, more lighter feud, that's brewing:

'Dancing With the Stars' vs. 'X Factor': Who rules the toilet? - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

We weren't kidding with that headline.

"Dancing With the Stars" and "X Factor" both tape their shows at CBS Television City in Hollywood, and it seems that the competition shows are getting a little... well, competitive.

TMZ posted the above photo from the door of the bathroom on the stages. Apparently, a "Dancing With the Stars" staffer wasn't too pleased when "The X-Factor" plastered their logo on the door.

An "X Factor" spokeswoman tells the NY Post, "Please tell Rob he's welcome to use our restrooms anytime!"

These people need to spend some time on PassiveAggressiveNotes.com.

First, those Chmerkovskiy's have pretty genes in their family. Second, I thought it was interesting that Louis chimed in about Derek never really being criticized, and Cameron thought it was crazy for Len to have said Maks is 50% responsible-that he knows how hard the pros and contestants work. Let's see what this next week brings. I watched that AH interview with CA. Of course, she doesn't really have a choice but to defend the judges, and do what the producers tell her. I think I'd rather be a pro/celeb/Tom/Brooke than one of the judges. A lot of it focused on Chaz, and she gave the whole spin about how they get the insensitive comments every season, everyone takes it a different way, they all have their own way of saying it, and Bruno never means any harm. They briefly touched on Maks, and made light of the whole 'my show' comment.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Why does Kim Kardashian think it's okay to deceive people about who they are calling on the phone. She tweets Hey, this is Justin Beibers number, but it's the vote line for DWTS and Rob. What a liar.

Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Why does Kim Kardashian think it's okay to deceive people about who they are calling on the phone. She tweets Hey, this is Justin Beibers number, but it's the vote line for DWTS and Rob. What a liar.

Kim Kardashian
    This would probably get more attention (which I wish it would, even though I question how much it helped Rob), if it hadn't been for judges vs Maks vs Derek vs Louis vs the world. Kind of stupid and petty. I wonder if Rob will go back to being the black sheep if he doesn't cash in on this DWTS experience. Makes me feel sorry for him being the only boy in that family.

Dance assignments for Halloween week:

Tango: J.R./Karina, Rob/Cheryl
    Foxtrot: David/Kym
    Jive: Nancy/Tristan
    Samba: Ricki/Derek
    Quickstep: Hope/Maks

Team Tango: J.R./Karina, David/Kym, Nancy/Tristan
    Team Paso: Ricki/Derek, Hope/Maks, Rob/Cheryl

Given all the judges drama and them being called out more than any other pro vs judge bust up, it'll be interesting what the tone and comments are this week. I'm betting nothing changes and it goes up another 10 notches. I can only imagine that Halloween themed references Bruno will throw in. Even though I think ballroom has been easier for Hope, I think the quickstep and all the drama surrounding this past week (plus the fact she can't seem to do anything right by the judges) will do her in. Not sure how I see Nancy handling the jive, unless they give her a slower paced theme song (last year, Strictly Come Dancing did a jive to Monster Mash that might suit her). Plus, if they're being allowed to get away with a lot of props and gimmicks, she might get a pass if Tristan throws that in there. I think David will have a good week, along with J.R. He'll get double the practice with having to do the same style twice. Not expecting much from Rob, but the praise will be there. Ricki should probably do fine in the samba.

I hope nothing changes,its been this way from the start.I dont like change, and if they are there to judge , then they should judge. Why do you give Hope an out? why cant she just be a lousy dancer, she might just have two left feet.If this was her at her best ( given it was week 6.) I think she's just not good, and I also think Maks hasn't helped her.Oh he puts it on for the judges, and dishes it out.I saw none of that, or any chemistry when they were alone in practice, he was giving up on her, I saw that, so did others

just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I hope nothing changes,its been this way from the start.I dont like change, and if they are there to judge , then they should judge. Why do you give Hope an out? why cant she just be a lousy dancer, she might just have two left feet.If this was her at her best ( given it was week 6.) I think she's just not good, and I also think Maks hasn't helped her.Oh he puts it on for the judges, and dishes it out.I saw none of that, or any chemistry when they were alone in practice, he was giving up on her, I saw that, so did others

just sayin
    I guess people will see what they want to see. I've watched this show long enough to see Maks get two types of edits in his rehearsal packages. Considering the couples practice 8-10+ hours a day (or at least they used to; Chaz mentioned only putting in 3-4 hours on Jimmy Kimmel), and we see barely 5 minutes of rehearsal time, then I can't believe we're really seeing an accurate portrayl. Maks has stayed good friends with a lot of his former partners, as most of the pros have, so if he was that horrible, I'd doubt they'd be singing his praises. Hope isn't a good dancer, but I think the judges as a whole could dish out more constructive criticism and maybe find something positive to say, instead of totally ragging on every misstep she has. If they stink, fine, but they can come up with something constructive to say. That was one of Chaz's points, asking how comparing him to a penguin is going to help him get any better. I can't blame Hope for feeling down or giving up, just like I can't blame Carson for saying 'screw being perfect' and do his own thing. I doubt the judges will change, because it would have happened long before now. It gets them ratings when Bruno dishes out his nasty side, or when one of the pros butts heads with the judges, or where one of them crosses the line but continually says they did nothing wrong. It's all un-reality and a TV show. The judges know their role, the pros know there's, and for some of them, they know they'll never be a producer pet for the finals. I doubt the show even cares how predictable it gets. I don't really expect much from Hope's dancing, but I'd like to at least see the judges turn a little more consistant. I don't think they're going to be kind to her; they got Carson out, Chaz is gone, and now the ax is probably finally going to fall on Hope. I'm betting Nancy's the next target after her, unless her being pimped on her network is driving any bump in the ratings. I'm undecided if they'll go for Rob or David in the final 3. Either way, I think Hope is next, and then either Nancy or David, with whoever one of those 2 is left getting bumped by the Kardashian fanbase. If Rob makes the finals, barring a shocker, he'll probably finish 3rd place overall. I'm glad this season is almost done, and if it wasn't for J.R. being a lock for the finals, I'd probably tune out as soon as Maks was gone.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-27-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    TIA__MA likes this.

Hmm, for me the show isnt all about loving Maks( or hating Mark)..its about dancing .I see Nancy dance, I see someone who has been really trying hard and she makes me smile.So does David( even Rob tries) I guess we all watch for different reasons.I see their faults as well, but this is out of their box, and if Hope is not very good, then part of the blame goes to her partner

+ Reply to Thread