+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    Don't know if this is the proper thread, but I believe these are the dances for Week 3

RUMBA- J.R. Hope, Chynna, David, Ricki, Chaz

TANGO -Carson

SAMBA - Kristin

FOXTROT -Rob

VW - Nancy
    Hope and Maks will be dancing the Cha-Cha.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Movie scores will be the next theme week:

ABC Medianet

Friday, September 30, 2011
    ABC Television Network
    PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
    NEXT WEEK ON DANCING WITH THE STARS (10/3&4)

THE REMAINING TEN COUPLES WILL ILLUSTRATE THEIR MOST MEMORABLE YEAR
    WITH THEIR SONG OF CHOICE, ON THIS WEEK'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS," ON ABC

R&B Soul Sensation Mary J. Blige Performs

"Macy's Stars of Dance" Performance is a Tribute to "The Twist," Featuring
    Grammy® Award Winner Estelle, on the "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"

"Episode 1303" -- In this week's "Dancing with the Stars," themed "The Most Memorable Year of My Life," each couple will perform a Ballroom or Latin style of dance to their song of choice, live, MONDAY, OCTOBER 3 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

On Tuesday, Multi-platinum R&B recording artist Mary J. Blige will take the stage for an unforgettable performance singing two songs, "Real Love" and "25/8." Tuesday night's "Macy's Stars of Dance" performance pays tribute the beloved and iconic dance of an entire generation, "The Twist," in celebration of its 50th year mark, featuring Grammy(r) Award winner, Estelle. Also, pro dancers Val Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd reunite with the Troupe for a special performance themed to "Gone with the Wind," as a preview to next week's Movie Scores theme, on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

FORT Fogey

I like the theme even less the way it's outlined in the press release. Most memorable year? So now they have to choose their most memorable year and suit the experiences of an entire year to a dance style they didn't pick. That sounds darn near impossible. If they had to have a "theme" (and they don't, not really) why not just have them choose a memorable event--whether it's the most memorable or not--that suits the type of dance they've been given.

Movie theme night is at least a little less demanding. There's a lot of movie music out there, so they can probably find something that suits the dance style they're assigned, and at least it doesn't have to tell a story, other than, perhaps, the one of the movie. Hope Carson makes it to movie week, because I'd love to see which film he and Anna choose.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict View Post
    I, for one, love a little gossip. Although I don't know why Hollywood types and others of the rich and famous ilk even bother with marriage. Seems like an inevitable administrative nightmare for no purpose whatsoever.

Maybe Rob is referring to past season contestants???

If he is referring to this season specifically, the only married people on the show that seem reasonable options (as said in the video) are Chynna and Tony. This would surprise me a bit because Tony seems like a true family-man (I don't know much about Chyna). On the other hand, they are a great match and seem to have wonderful chemistry, and I wouldn't be surprised. At this point in the game, I hope they win. I would love to see a middle-aged woman take this thing.

My other favs at this time: Carson, David, Nancy G, and Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I, for one, love a little gossip. Although I don't know why Hollywood types and others of the rich and famous ilk even bother with marriage. Seems like an inevitable administrative nightmare for no purpose whatsoever.

If he is referring to this season specifically, the only married people on the show that seem reasonable options (as said in the video) are Chynna and Tony. This would surprise me a bit because Tony seems like a true family-man (I don't know much about Chyna). On the other hand, they are a great match and seem to have wonderful chemistry, and I wouldn't be surprised. At this point in the game, I hope they win. I would love to see a middle-aged woman take this thing.

It isn't the first time that there's been rumors of hooking up behind the scenes, or married pros/celebs cheating behind their spouses back. In fact, Tony's been linked with his partners more than once. But I don't believe it, because, as you said, he seems very devoted to his wife and kids. Rob's already taken it back and said the comment was taken out of his context (isn't it always?) Of course, I think he originally made the remark on a radio interview, so...anyway, per his twitter he claims it was a joke. What a comedian that Kardashian (or is it komedian?) Leave the joking to Carson and David. Whether he was hinting at an actual matched pair or just two married folks in general, that still only leaves Tony and Anna as the married pros. And I don't believe it with either one of them.

Tilden, completely agree with both your posts above. I absolutely loved classical week alst season, and was hoping that'd become a regular fixture. Instead, we're going to get stories fo war and child birth. At least Hope's might make sense. Maks said in his blog they're dancing to the song the US women's team used to listen to in the locker room to get pumped up for the World Cup. So her's might be a memorable year and fit the cha cha. I just hate the variety of dance styles. 5 have the rumba, and everyone else has something different. Why? The 3 stooges can barely judge as it is, but why not have something for the others to compare to? I don't know how movie scores week will go. They've already done a theme song week to the movies. I just wish they'd have 2 styles every week, until week 6 when they start repeating the styles. I wonder if they do this to make sure they can give those they want to stick around easier dance styles.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-01-2011 at 01:33 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

Jennifer Gray is older than Chynna Phillips.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by catzy View Post
    Jennifer Gray is older than Chynna Phillips.
    That's right! I forgot about her. THanks for reminding me.

Partial order and song listing for tonight:

1st: Rob/Cheryl (Foxtrot)
    3rd: Chaz/Lacey (Rumba)
    4th: Kristin/Mark (Samba)
    6th: J.R./Karina (Rumba)

Chynna is dancing her rumba to Hold On (the Wilson Phillips hit), Hope the cha cha to Fireworks, and Nancy the VW to Moon River. I think I read that J.R.'s rumba was going to be revolve around the military.

Side note, but I was reading at Pure DWTS statistics on the dances, which dances should be saved for last, and they mentioned that while the foxtrot and paso are two of the easier dances to learn, they depend mostly on whether they can please the crowd and get into character. They pointed out that typically a couple who had either of those respective dances were often the ones who got voted off that week (I do know some pasos have done people in). An omen that we might be without a Kardashian next week?

I'm glad if there's any rumbas about child birth I can be warned in advance. I hope Hope/Maks go later in the competition, because going early can sometimes lowball your score. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 9s or even a 10 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Partial order and song listing for tonight:

1st: Rob/Cheryl (Foxtrot)
    3rd: Chaz/Lacey (Rumba)
    4th: Kristin/Mark (Samba)
    6th: J.R./Karina (Rumba)

Chynna is dancing her rumba to Hold On (the Wilson Phillips hit), Hope the cha cha to Fireworks, and Nancy the VW to Moon River. I think I read that J.R.'s rumba was going to be revolve around the military.

Side note, but I was reading at Pure DWTS statistics on the dances, which dances should be saved for last, and they mentioned that while the foxtrot and paso are two of the easier dances to learn, they depend mostly on whether they can please the crowd and get into character. They pointed out that typically a couple who had either of those respective dances were often the ones who got voted off that week (I do know some pasos have done people in). An omen that we might be without a Kardashian next week?

I'm glad if there's any rumbas about child birth I can be warned in advance. I hope Hope/Maks go later in the competition, because going early can sometimes lowball your score. I wouldn't be surprised if we see 9s or even a 10 tonight.

OK Kara - who do you think it'll be? The golden haired boy or the Greta Garbo (although he just doesn't vant to be alone - he wants to dance alone) of dance?

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OK Kara - who do you think it'll be? The golden haired boy or the Greta Garbo (although he just doesn't vant to be alone - he wants to dance alone) of dance?
    I'm guessing Ye Golden One, only because he looks to be dancing at the end again. Chynna's going second, Carson 5th. All that leaves is David, who the producers probably want to make sure sticks around and isn't forgotten this week (and so the judges have reason to overscore and praise if need be), and Hope, who I hope benefits from going towards the back. Since David was almost a goner last week, wonder if we'll see any changes with the judges attitudes, critiques, or scores this week.

And yes, I do think the not-so-chosen-one except when Derek isn't around will probably be pulling a solo samba with Kristin as a backup dancer.

+ Reply to Thread