+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    DWTS premiered in June 2005.
    They do 2 seasons per year.
    Seems like it's been on an eternity, though?!!
    right - like the bachelor/ette premiered in 2002 yet there have been 21 'seasons' with the next season of The Bachelorette in production as we speak which will begin airing May 23 right after DWTS.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    It's like Mark is out there auditioning for something... maybe he wants a movie too ... like Derek
    My upcoming Results Show Recap touches upon the topic of Hough Envy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Chelsea Kane is 'Dancing With the Stars' best, says 'SYTYCD's' Mary Murphy

Mary Murphy, in the midst of Las Vegas auditions for "So You Think You Can Dance," picks Chelsea Kane as her favorite dancer on this season of "Dancing With the Stars."

"I still think they have quite a journey to go through," Murphy tells Zap2it. "I definitely think Chelsea [should win]. I don't know that she will win because she is not well known. I definitely think she is producing the best dancing on the show."

Besides Kane, Murphy is also impressed by Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward.

"I have been blown away by Hines Ward," Murphy says. "I am a huge football fan. I just can't believe him! I think he is doing tremendous. I don't care if you are an athlete. Ballroom dancing is a totally different ballgame. I know people anticipate Kirstie Alley, may be the favorite. I am just talking about the dancing."
    Chelsea Kane is 'Dancing With the Stars' best, says 'SYTYCD's' Mary Murphy
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't really watch SYTYCD, but from what I've seen of Mark's choreography, I think it'd be a better fit for that show. Who knew the SYTYCD alums would do less type of choreography styled for that show than Mark? So I'm not surprised Mary Murphy would like her. I do think Chelsea's a good dancer. She probably has more experience than anyone by the looks of it, and age probably helps her.

And Mark is kidding himself if he thinks his popularity doesn't factor into some of his partners doing well. Of course what an ego bruiser if he didn't make the finals That said, I think the popularity of Kristi and Shawn, and Bristol's radical voting bloc, would have gotten the same results without him.

My upcoming Results Show Recap touches upon the topic of Hough Envy.
    Another possible feeling of Hough Envy. Last I heard Derek was still dating British singer Cheryl Cole. She judges the X Factor in England and is rumored to be taking a judges spot on the US X Factor. So it makes me wonder if there's a possibility she could get Derek involved with that show somehow. Which would be one more accomplishment for Derek and a possible reason he wouldn't return to DWTS. If Derek returns for season 13, it may be his last, or close to it. He may come back for a 4th win, figure no one will top that, and call it a day.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-16-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    If Derek returns for season 13, it may be his last, or close to it. He may come back for a 4th win, figure no one will top that, and call it a day.
    If he decides to return I have no doubnt he will win; after all, he magically gets one of the top contenders almost every season.

FORT Fanatic

Obviously I am in the huge minority here, but I am a Derek fan and would love to see him back on DWTS. Maybe if he were given a really bad partner
    and made a good dancer out of her, he could get less criticism and prove that he doesn't need a 'ringer' to win. I think he is capable of doing that because he is a good teacher and
    choreographer. He has been given good partners, no denying that, but he is a great dancer and there's no denying that, either.

I'm a big Derek fan too, and I guess I would like him to get a dud celebrity next season, if only to appease the crowds so that they don't have that reason to call him out anymore.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm a big Derek fan too, and I guess I would like him to get a dud celebrity next season, if only to appease the crowds so that they don't have that reason to call him out anymore.
    I agree. I really don't know why so many dislike him. I really like the guy and he is adorable.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think they're all good dancers and choreographers, but obviously Derek has had the partners (some with more dance experience than others) to showcase his skills off. He hasn't had a string of partners like Jonathan that got him booted first, or someone like poor Tony that had to endure Kate, and got stuck with the likes of Susan Lucci, Kathy Ireland, and now Wendy. Once Derek has a partner with no ability whatsoever, and the judges can't try and overlook their flaws, then we'll call it even

'Dancing With the Stars' Lacey Schwimmer: 'Front-runner' Kirstie Alley, Kendra Wilkinson's female 'support'

Lacey Schwimmer has been out of the current "Dancing With the Stars" round almost from the start, but she's still invested in the contest.

The pro dancer and radio personality Mike Catherwood were the first couple booted from the 12th season, but Schwimmer will be keeping a close eye on the ABC competition as it continues Monday (April 18). And that will be from a close view, since she's now choreographing the musical guests' numbers; on Tuesday's (April 19) results show, it's country superstar Toby Keith, and Schwimmer reports Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block are scheduled for next week.

Schwimmer tells Zap2it she assesses the remaining celebrity dancers' odds of winning as "not only fan favorites, but the judges' favorites. I think Kirstie Alley is a front-runner. I think Romeo is a front-runner. Ralph Macchio is obviously a judges' favorite; he is awesome, a great dancer.

"And Kendra Wilkinson has a lot of support from the females in the audience. That's interesting, because they mostly want to support the males. It's really cool to see other females wanting to support a strong female who is out there saying it how it is, and showing how vulnerable she is. She's just like anyone else in America who's ever danced and suddenly gone on a national television show."

With perhaps one exception: Not everybody responds publicly to a judge's critique. Over the weekend, Wilkinson said she felt "belittled" and "embarrassed" by Carrie Ann Inaba's recent on-air comment that Wilkinson appeared "afraid of elegance" in her dancing.

kendra-wilkinson-feb-2011-gi.jpg"Whenever I'm being judged," Schwimmer reasons, "I tend to just accept what the judges say and not fight back. It's their opinion, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion ... whether it's about you or television or cheese. It's not to be taken so personally. They're just comments on what they see, and that is their job.

"I always tell my celebrities, 'Just smile, accept what they have to say and if you're super-upset, go backstage on your own time and let your steam out. When you're in the graces of 30 million people who are watching you, be kind.' I don't think Kendra was rude in any way after Carrie Ann said that."

Schwimmer adds, "When you're coming out of the dance and you're out of breath, you can't quite hear as well as you might over TV. In the studio, the microphones are so soft, you're looking at the judges' lips trying to read what they're saying. Whether Kendra misheard or misunderstood, I don't think she's too much in fault. She was just stressed out. Everybody is."

Set to record her first single in the next week or so (asked for the title, she says, "I can't tell you!"), Schwimmer also is spending the rest of the "Dancing" season as a red-carpet correspondent for "E! News." Calling it "one of the doors that's opened for me," she finds the job "such a different experience. I never expected to do it. It's a little funny, because I have to ask (the other dancers) questions I would never, ever ask them in a million years.

"It's interesting, because I end up asking all the questions that I hate to answer. I can't believe I'm actually asking Mark Ballas -- who's a really good friend of mine -- or Cheryl Burke, who's my best friend on the show, 'So, how did tonight go for you? How did you feel about your scores?' I try to ask them personal, funny questions. And they just look at me and laugh."
    'Dancing With the Stars' Lacey Schwimmer: 'Front-runner' Kirstie Alley, Kendra Wilkinson's female 'support' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread