+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

The media is finally connecting the dots: (yes there's a slight bias to the article but not as much as you'd think. there are links to the conservative activist sites all throughout the article)
    How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System

It's been alleged that the Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is keeping the teen mom in the competition. However, the real conspiracy is that her conservative supporters have figured out a way to exploit ABC.com's email-voting feature, allowing infinite votes.

While Bristol Palin denies any Tea Party conspiracy theories, there's no denying that conservatives have been pushing for votes for Bristol, using blogs and Twitter to start a movement. But what isn't widely known is the evidence—via message board comments on some conservative sites—that this mobilization involves fixing this (albeit meaningless) election through a technical snafu on ABC's website, which allows Palin's supporters to cast an infinite number of email votes:

Here's a hint: They don't have to be VALID email addresses to register them with ABC.com, there is apparently no validation process. The just have to be formatted like a valid email address, and you must use a valid zip code and a birthdate that makes you old enough to vote. I'm voting like a democrat, all night long…

No, it doesn't have to be a valid email address – I had one of my anonymous ones XXX@yahoo.com that I used, and then just did the sign-up process all over again with XXX1@yahoo.com and it worked.

Got my 80 votes in online…took 2 hours. I am beat

I only got 42 in, I have some catching up to do!

Lord have mercy, I voted for 3 hours online! I got 300 in.

It seems like it's working! Early predictions about the votes indicate that Bristol is the safest bet to stay in the competition this evening. Sure, it may seem like just a group of overzealous fans, but their larger message is not about an enthusiasm for teen activism or ballroom dancing, but rather, is a way to show the left that the Tea Party is a force to be reckoned with. One site wants to "make liberal heads explode" by urging Tea Partiers to vote for Palin, even saying that they "don't need to watch" DWTS as long as they vote.

You may not be a fan of the show or even Bristol but I firmly believe her continued success on the show demonstrates the power of the tea party.

Full article here
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

This is based on an unnamed source but considering Sarah Palin showed up on DWTS for the fourth or fifth time last night, it's totally plausible. What a crackpot mother who should be in her daughter's cheering section to attend college not uphold the family motto of hollow achievement through ignorance and poor performance. The Palin family mocks meritocracy in ways I never could have imagined in my worst nightmare.

Sarah Palin Has Her Eyes On Bristol's Prize

The self-anointed Mama Grizzly is reportedly "desperate" and willing to do "whatever it takes" to assure a Palin takes home the Dancing With The Stars disco ball trophy. America, it's time to start feeling sorry for Bristol Palin.

The 18 year old shimmying embarrassment with the overly handsy partner has received the lowest scores for the last several shows in a row but has yet to be voted off due to the mysterious invisible base of callers that keep voting for her. Could Sarah's media influence be pushing Bristol through?

An anonymous source (and you know how reliable those are) remarks,

She's become obsessed with it, as if it were the election all over again, except this time a Palin will be the winner.

Sarah is making it very clear that she wants Bristol to win.

This is her chance to get even and show all those Democrats that a regular girl with conservative values and common sense can win it all.

Using your children as proxies for fulfillment of dreams you never realized yourself is an excellent parenting technique endorsed by both Dina and Michael Lohan.

If these rumors are true, it's a shame that a young woman is living her life as her mother wants rather than as she wants (and that some consider her body to be open for public scrutiny), but it could also be argued that what ABC did when it cast Bristol in the reality dancing competition is nothing short of saintly. It seems to have partially occupied Sarah Palin for months, keeping her ambition split between ruining America and winning on a show with an outcome that doesn't really affect anyone. We can only hope that Willow is cast on America's Next Top Model by the next election. For good measure, it might make sense for The Bachelor to feature Palin's oldest son Track.
    Read more: Sarah Palin Has Her Eyes On Bristol's Prize
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-16-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Should I even hope that the major media coverage of Bristol today, particularly "the voting scandal," is at all portentous of her imminent departure? Please?

Tom's Twitter account doesn't include any comment on whether or not there's a "shock" elimination -- not sure how to read that.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

At this point, I'm fully expecting the Pistol to dance her way into the finals.
    The true shocker, for me, will be if she does get ousted.

For me, Piper seems to be the only likable one in the family.
    Perhaps DWTS will look to cast her next season.
    I'm already thinking what her byline might read?!!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've noticed that Tom hasn't been very vocal on twitter about any "shocking" eliminations, which since Florence I think would mean anyone but Bristol. Saying it now would likely give it away that she's in the finals, but it could also be a red herring if he said that (since so many of us are expecting her in the finals).

I'll let Bristol live with her image on the show, but I still consider it pure crap that she's there. For me, she's no underdog, no most improved, and if she gave better dances last night than she has all season, they have to give her a 9 because her jive got 6s and her samba got 8s. So they can't score what's horribly her best at what was her worst. However, I think she's gotten too caught up in all the hype and story line of being the come back princess. I'm sure it'd be nice to think everyone's voting for her because of her, and because they love a story/contestant like her with no experience, and no real Hollywood claim to fame other than having the media spotlight thrust at you. Yes, I'm sure people are voting for her for those reasons, but I bet it pales in comparision to those voting for the reasons above. She got cast as a Palin, she's being helped along because she's a Palin, and she was stunt casting for ratings, and the show probably isn't happier as a result

Speaking of which, that's all you needed to do for e-mail votes? And here I've been going the long way around I've long thought that maybe eliminating the online voting would help against campaigns of popular pros fans and people like Bristol sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107010;
    Tom's Twitter account doesn't include any comment on whether or not there's a "shock" elimination -- not sure how to read that.
    Absolute braincramp! In a season of "shocking eliminations," the shocking part has now become the norm??? So is the shock that the shocker (Bristol) finally goes home, or will they stick with the norm that is now not shocking and have a front-runner go home, like Jen or Brandy, which, in the past would be shocking? Everyone, drink for every time I wrote "shock" or a derivation in those sentences

It's obviously stressing me out

P.S. Oh, and if Maks and Brandy do have the encore, is it a good thing as it has been in past seasons, or is it another setup for a Rick & Cheryl?
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-16-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4106992;
    Should I even hope that the major media coverage of Bristol today, particularly "the voting scandal," is at all portentous of her imminent departure? Please?
    "voting scandal"? Are you kidding me? This has been going on for years and I even participated once, just for a night during season 8. You have to be commited to do that because it takes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4107025;
    "voting scandal"? Are you kidding me? This has been going on for years and I even participated once, just for a night during season 8. You have to be commited to do that because it takes forever.
    Why did I not get the memo?! I coulda cheated for Maks ages ago!

Sarah Palin's Daughter Willow Palin Uses Homophobic Slurs | TMZ.com

Bristol and DWTS are mentioned in this article.

+ Reply to Thread