+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;2362566;
    Earlier this season, DWTS host Tom Bergeron predicted that the final four would be Laila/Maks, BRC/Karina, Ian/Cheryl, and Joey/Kym. Scarily, Apolo/Julianne aren't predicted to be there. Since John/Edyta has just been eliminated from the competition, Tom's prediction is only one dance couple away from becoming true and I don't want that prediction to be 100% true. BRC/Karina don't deseve to be in the final four and I sincerely hope that they don't make the final four. I don't know what ABC is trying to pull, but I don't like it. I don't know what ABC has against A/J, but we cannot let ABC have their way. BRC/Karina wanted to go home so let's grant them that wish and not vote for them. The ratings will be much higher if the strongest dancing couples make the F4 and BRC/Karina isn't one of them. We really need to pitch in together and vote crazily for A/J next Monday night and not vote for BRC/Karina because I don't want A/J leaving before BRC/Karina.

If he said it earlier this season... I wouldn't worry about it. I think several people have mentioned that Apolo's dancing ability has come as a complete shock to them. Tom's probably just one of them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2362630;
    BRC has that big "country" base along with the Hannah M. tween base voting for him. He needs to get the word that he is ready to go....

If John hadn't gone last night he would be gone next week.

For the love of God, give BRC an 8 this week, so he can go home!!!

Apolo and Julianne should be in the final two, along with Joey and Kym if we are talking strictly dancing ability.

Sorry to say, Laila is getting scores that are too high for what she is bringing to the floor. She comes in third in my rankings.

I think that BRC will be the next to go. He was in the bottom two, after all. And I agree, I think if one judge gave him an 8, his fans would let him go graciously.

And I agree that the final two, at this point, should be Apolo and Joey, if based on dancing ability. And I agree that Laila is getting scores which are too high for what she is doing. She's got the hula move down, but so far, that's all I've seen from her.

And may I just say, I've been a Kenny Mayne fan from the first time I saw him on ESPN. And I was so disappointed when he didn't make it past the first week on this show in the second season. He would have been the real comic relief for many weeks, had the fans been smart enough...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;2362566;
    Earlier this season, DWTS host Tom Bergeron predicted that the final four would be Laila/Maks, BRC/Karina, Ian/Cheryl, and Joey/Kym. Scarily, Apolo/Julianne aren't predicted to be there. Since John/Edyta has just been eliminated from the competition, Tom's prediction is only one dance couple away from becoming true and I don't want that prediction to be 100% true. BRC/Karina don't deseve to be in the final four and I sincerely hope that they don't make the final four. I don't know what ABC is trying to pull, but I don't like it. I don't know what ABC has against A/J, but we cannot let ABC have their way. BRC/Karina wanted to go home so let's grant them that wish and not vote for them. The ratings will be much higher if the strongest dancing couples make the F4 and BRC/Karina isn't one of them. We really need to pitch in together and vote crazily for A/J next Monday night and not vote for BRC/Karina because I don't want A/J leaving before BRC/Karina.
    And what does ABC have to do with who is eliminated? And why do you suspect ABC has something against Apolo? I could understand if you were accusing the producers of the show of doing something wrong, but why blame ABC?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2361846;
    Maybe Tom will be eliminated tonight. Or Samantha. I wouldn't miss either one of them.
    I like Tom. I wouldn't miss Samatha tho.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2362630;
    For the love of God, give BRC an 8 this week, so he can go home!!!

It's not like the judges couldn't give one pity 8 without losing credibility. They have been padding his scores all season. They just need to suck it up and give the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2363671;

It's not like the judges couldn't give one pity 8 without losing credibility. They have been padding his scores all season. They just need to suck it up and give the 8.
    My comment is regarding the judge's scores in general, not generated towards BRC specifically, since when he goes home doesn't really matter to me. But about the pity or padded scores, I agree. They certainly did it with Mills enough, and have done it in prior seasons, so one more wouldn't hurt.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2363764;
    My comment is regarding the judge's scores in general, not generated towards BRC specifically, since when he goes home doesn't really matter to me. But about the pity or padded scores, I agree. They certainly did it with Mills enough, and have done it in prior seasons, so one more wouldn't hurt.
    I think there is some unwriiten rule about not embarassing the celebrity by scoring them too low. They did that on that Animal Planet Animal Talent show that Mario Lopez used to host about not giving anyone anything lower than a 4.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So were all in agreement... give him(BRC) the gosh durn 8 and let the "heel-billy" vamoose.

Snoozin' on the beach

The heck with the 8. I can't imagine he'd be very proud or pleased knowing it wasn't earned and it was total pity. His scores are already padded up to now, no sense in padding them even more without looking ridiculous. What's to say that once he gets that 8 his fans won't continue to vote to keep him there? It's painfully obvious he wants to go and yet the votes kept him in this week.

How would the viewer feel if they gave him an 8 and Apolo ended up in the bottom 2 along with BRC and Apolo went home?

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2364967;

How would the viewer feel if they gave him an 8 and Apolo ended up in the bottom 2 along with BRC and Apolo went home?
    I would be livid! Apolo, Joey, Laila, and even Ian are all 10 times better dancers than BRC. It's time for the country boy to go home. I adore his personality. I think he is very funny and there for awhile he really was working hard to learn the dances (not last week). I give him props for all of that, but he isn't in the same league as the others.

+ Reply to Thread