+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Wow, Heather's out, huh? That's kinda sad I think because she was doing SO well (IMHO) and was just awe inspiring in what she did with a fake leg.

Having said that, I'm SO Glad BRC gets to stay one more week! He is not a great dancer, but I love how hard he's trying, and his routine this week just ROCKED! I just wish they'd quit giving him country songs. He starts stompin' wif dem good 'ole boys as soon as he hears a 'twang'. I think he might do better if he got "real" ballroom music.

I can't wait to watch tonight! Oh, and how was Joss Stone? My daughter is excited to see her since she was in the movie Eragon (her current obsession).

I thought it would be between John and Heather. I am so glad that John gets to stay!! Heather lasted longer than I thought she would, but she was a trooper. It was time for her to go.
    Yay! John gets to stay.
    Just to be clear, Laila/Maks and Apolo/Juliane are my choices for top two. I am just happy that John/Edyta are staying one more week. I think Edyta really wants to have a chance to win this one time.

Well, I thought it was kinda obvious that is was Heather's time to go. John R hopefully will go next week. After that it might be tough with all the BRC fans out there, but hopefully he will go after John R. leaving a pretty good top four.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree it was Heather's time to go. And I bet John is gone next week too. It wouldn't surprise me if BRC lasted a little longer then he should. (i.e. Ian/Cheryl eliminated before he and Karina)

I thought the group dance was fun and glad they showed it again.

And the Jimmy Kimmel bit tonight was hilarious.
    Who was dressed as Guillermo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2349092;
    Quote Originally Posted by ulovefootball25
    Not a very active board tonight. I think that says something about the popularity of the show.
    I disagree. There are 59 people reading the thread at the moment. Less people watch the full results show than the regular show because it tends to be a bunch of boring filler.
    Also, half of us are in later timezones and don't see the show until an hour or more after you all who are posting as you watch it live, so again.... add at least that many more to the number who are in the thread as you all were posting originally

And about the results from tonight's show.... finally the non-star is gone! For the first time this season, the show can now truly be called Dancing With the Stars, instead of Dancing With The Gimmicks. Next season, I hope the producers fill each slot with people who should be on the show (whether I like them personally or not) instead of trying to be cute by playing around with the cast formula and filling some of the slots with non-stars. I mean, even Lassie would have been a more appropriate 'star' dancer.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 04-25-2007 at 12:33 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2349440;
    And about the results from tonight's show.... finally the non-star is gone! For the first time this season, the show can now truly be called Dancing With the Stars, instead of Dancing With The Gimmicks.
    I don't think this show has ever really been Dancing With the Stars -- from the very beginning it's always been more Dancing With the Celebrities (with a few true stars mixed in), and face it, Heather is every bit as much of a celebrity as anyone else who has been part of it.

I thoroughly enjoyed having the chance to see her as someone other than Paul's wife or Paul's ex-wife.
    Love lives forever <3

Snoozin' on the beach

John and BRC time has come and they should be next to go. They are really trying but so are the remaining celebs and the other 4 couples are so much better. I think the judges learned a lesson with Clyde - to make their scores low enough that the adding the fan vote still won't be enough.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Can't say that I am sorry to see her go. I just never liked her.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I started out not liking HM, not even wanting to try to like her. I gotta say that she grew on me and I have a lot of respect for her now. It was a toss up on who should have gone... BRC, John or HM...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2349375;
    Well, I thought it was kinda obvious that is was Heather's time to go. John R hopefully will go next week. After that it might be tough with all the BRC fans out there, but hopefully he will go after John R. leaving a pretty good top four.
    I don't think HM ever got the fact that this is a popularity contest. She blamed the fall last week for being in the B2, but if anything that would have helped her, if only for the pity factor. This week she blamed Carrie Ann's comments. It seemed crass for her to mention that Jonathan no longer gets paid now that she's out.

I hope John goes next. All the judges need to do is give BRC an 8 and he will beg his fan to let him go home. Like Karina said, he would rather do ANYTHING but dance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast