Heather Mills & Jonathan Roberts - Season 4

NAME:
    Heather Mills

PROFESSION:
    Charity Activist & Campaigner

PARTNER:
    Jonathan Roberts

BACKGROUND:
    United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, activist for Adopt-a-Minefield and advocate for animal rights, Heather Mills will be the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb.

NAME:
    Jonathan Roberts

ACHIEVEMENTS:

* 2004 USA Rising Star Latin Champion
    * 2003 Blackpool Rising Star Latin
    * 1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom
    * 2 times undefeated USA pro-am 10 dance champions
    * 3 times undefeated USA pro-am Latin champions
    * 2 times USA pro-am American Ballroom champions.

CELEBRITY PARTNER:
    Heather Mills

STATS:

Style: Latin
    Nationality: American
    Based in: San Jose, California

BACKGROUND:
    During Season 1, Jonathan partnered supermodel Rachel Hunter into fourth place. In Season 2, Jonathan and his partner, journalist Giselle Fernandez finished in 8th place.

Jonathan started dancing 11 years ago, at the age of 20. He is one of the few competitors representing America who was actually born in the United States.

Coming from a big sports background in high school (namely basketball), it was as much of as shock to Jonathan as it was to his family and friends when he discovered a passion for ballroom dancing. Jonathan went to see the Al Pacino movie Scent of a Woman and there was something about the famous tango scene that struck a chord. He took advantage of the free ballroom lesson offered on his movie ticket stub, and the rest is history.

With his first partner, Jonathan won the 1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom before deciding to focus on the Latin style.

Jonathan Roberts has been dancing with his current partner (and wife) Anna Trebunskaya for six years. Although only having danced together for a relatively short time, they have achieved many high placements in competitions around the world.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-09-2007 at 01:33 AM.

I predict this topic will be the busiest one on this board.

Whatever the truth of the matter, there are so many die-hard Beatles fans out there, how could Mills have EVER thought it would be a good idea to appear on a TV show in the midst of this divorce mess of her.

Honestly, she ought to have her head examined. Even if it does turn out at some point that she's vindicated in her divorce claims, now is NOT the time.

Her lack of judgment in this matter is already making me inclined to LESS believe anything she says.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

That is not a good picture.

Doesn't she have an artificial leg? If so, divorce and Beatles aside, I hope she does well/

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2254187;
    Doesn't she have an artificial leg? If so, divorce and Beatles aside, I hope she does well/
    Having an artificial leg doesn't necessarily make her a better person.

Mind you I have no idea of the truth of things with her claims about how McCartney treated her (and McCartney has made some pretty ugly counterclaims--go look at her Wikipedia entry for details). I'm just saying its a bad comment on someone's character that in the midst of an ugly personal scandal they'd go on a reality show.

And she's been no stranger to past scandal or severe criticism either. Again, I'm not presuming guilt, but her judgment in reacting to the situation by going on a dancing show. Does that make her automatically brave or noble? It might. But I'm not leaning that way in my own opinion right now.

A gal's got to support herself somehow.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2254074;
    I predict this topic will be the busiest one on this board.

Whatever the truth of the matter, there are so many die-hard Beatles fans out there, how could Mills have EVER thought it would be a good idea to appear on a TV show in the midst of this divorce mess of her.

Honestly, she ought to have her head examined. Even if it does turn out at some point that she's vindicated in her divorce claims, now is NOT the time.

Her lack of judgment in this matter is already making me inclined to LESS believe anything she says

Bingo. My thoughts exactly.

I for one have absolutely no desire to see her on my TV screen. All her stardom came with the marriage to Paul. And now she is in a big mess. Not a time for a balroom dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2254239;
    Bingo. My thoughts exactly.

I for one have absolutely no desire to see her on my TV screen. All her stardom came with the marriage to Paul. And now she is in a big mess. Not a time for a balroom dance.
    And yet I will bet you cash money that both the show itself, as well as the Internet, will be flooded with the "she's so brave to come on and dance with one leg" angle, to such an extent, that any skepticism there might be will be somewhat drowned out.

Of course the other side of that will be people criticizing her just because she went against Paul. Frankly I don't CARE who she's up against, I'm trying to look at her own actions. And so far I'm skeptical of what I'm seeing.

FORT Newbie
    The shame of it is, that she is the one that tops all of the news about Dwts headlines. Have you noticed that? So, everyone can't stand her, (me included) and she is getting all of the attention so far. Thats not a good thing.

I think its very negative press for the show having her on. I'm sure the show runners were looking at it from the point of view that people would like to see someone with a disability succeed on the show. Unfortunately, I really think they picked the wrong person to try this with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast