+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ian Ziering & Cheryl Burke - Season 4

Re: Ian Ziering & Cheryl Burke - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2380566;
    Well, whatever word one decides to use to describe him, I have to agree, that he's just not enjoyable to watch. His technique doesn't suck, but there's something sort of robotic and just plain "not fun" about how he approaches the dances.

......And was is Carrie Ann who said that he puts on the expressions he's supposed to be feeling, but the genuine feelings don't seem to be behind them? Pretty much sums it up, I'd say!
    I have to agree with all that. I get no sincerity from him at all, and haven't in any of his dances yet this season. And there is no joy coming from him, or in me when watching him.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Snoozin' on the beach

He's busting his a$$ and it shows. I think he just takes it very seriously and needed to be less serious sooner. On the other side of the coin was Joey with his class clown crap for the first few dances. He didn't take it seriously enough and it showed in his dancing for the first 3 weeks

I never was a 90210 watcher so I don't have any Steve Sanders feelings. I think these last few dances he has lightening up alot and genuinly having fun. He's a very good dancer. Not good enough to win but he deserves to be in the F4

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2380677;
    He's busting his a$$ and it shows. I think he just takes it very seriously and needed to be less serious sooner. On the other side of the coin was Joey with his class clown crap for the first few dances. He didn't take it seriously enough and it showed in his dancing for the first 3 weeks

I never was a 90210 watcher so I don't have any Steve Sanders feelings. I think these last few dances he has lightening up alot and genuinly having fun. He's a very good dancer. Not good enough to win but he deserves to be in the F4
    I watched 90210 but I was a pre-teeny bopper when it was on the air so I was never one of the Brandon/Dylan/David/Steve groupies. Ian/Cheryl are my favorite couple left standing and I'd love nothing more than to see them win. I've noticed that they tend to seem surprised by the judges criticisms; I don't know if they just think there's no pleasing them or what. I thought their dances have been good, but nothing memorable like Apollo, Joey, or even BRC. I think Carrie hit the nail on the head when she told them to watch BRC's performances. Ian can dance, but I think he just wants this so badly he's taking it too seriously and concentrating way too hard. I also don't think he's going to have the fan base to get him to the end and sadly think their time may be up But I never would have expected Joey Fatone to land in the bottom two, so who knows. But considering this is a competition that should reward the best dancer, I can't say I think Ian deserves to win. I think that should be either Apollo or Joey that walks away as champ.

Darn, I keep forgetting to post my to Cheryl!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2380721;
    I watched 90210 but I was a pre-teeny bopper when it was on the air so I was never one of the Brandon/Dylan/David/Steve groupies. Ian/Cheryl are my favorite couple left standing and I'd love nothing more than to see them win. I've noticed that they tend to seem surprised by the judges criticisms; I don't know if they just think there's no pleasing them or what. I thought their dances have been good, but nothing memorable like Apollo, Joey, or even BRC. I think Carrie hit the nail on the head when she told them to watch BRC's performances. Ian can dance, but I think he just wants this so badly he's taking it too seriously and concentrating way too hard. I also don't think he's going to have the fan base to get him to the end and sadly think their time may be up But I never would have expected Joey Fatone to land in the bottom two, so who knows. But considering this is a competition that should reward the best dancer, I can't say I think Ian deserves to win. I think that should be either Apollo or Joey that walks away as champ.
    One of the issues I have with Ian is he doesnt handle criticism very well or maybe he is just full of crap. I have no feeling towards the others as far as really rooting for them to win
    Im just really rooting for Cheryl I guess.

Thought they were fantastic. No reason why they cant win if Ian keeps up that performance.

FORT Fogey

Cheryl made an absolutely brillant move last night which illustrates just what a brillant competitor she is. Ian has had trouble all along just relaxing, letting go, and playing a character through dance. Cheryl has realized that he can't separate himself from the "dancer" he's portraying. Last night, by putting him in an Elvis costume, she was able to get him to play "Elvis" instead of being Ian. In doing so, he could finally let go and dance well. It may have taken her a while to do it, but she's proven yet again that she can pull great dancing out of just about any challenge.

I'd love to see them pair her next time with someone along the lines of Billy Ray or John to see what she could do with them.

I love Cheryl, but I will be really sad if she and Ian aren't eliminated tonight. All of the other celebrities have consistently performed much better than this pair, and I think the others should be rewarded by going to the finals.

I realize we all have different ideas of what the show's all about, but for me, it's about how well the "stars" do, not about the professional dancers. For Ian's sake, I'm happy that he was finally able to let go and get his perfect score, but in my mind, it will be very unfair to the others if he is allowed to go to the finals just based on Cheryl's popularity.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2392209;
    I love Cheryl, but I will be really sad if she and Ian aren't eliminated tonight. All of the other celebrities have consistently performed much better than this pair, and I think the others should be rewarded by going to the finals.

I realize we all have different ideas of what the show's all about, but for me, it's about how well the "stars" do, not about the professional dancers. For Ian's sake, I'm happy that he was finally able to let go and get his perfect score, but in my mind, it will be very unfair to the others if he is allowed to go to the finals just based on Cheryl's popularity.
    I think Cheryl will be very accepting of their elimination, if it comes tonight or early next week. She seems to be willing to praise Ian, but she doesn't gush over him like she did Drew and Emmit.

And, as with Joey last year, I wish I could pinpoint what it is about Ian's dancing that doesn't do it for me. I just don't know. I like him even less than Joey Lawrence, but both have left me with a feeling that something isn't quite there in the dancing. Now, when I watch Joey and Kym, or even often when I watch Apollo and Julianne, I find myself smiling, moving my feet, and just really enjoying the show. I'm just puzzled by what could be missing with Ian. I'm sure he wishes he knew since I don't seem to be alone in my feelings...

I thought Ian danced great last night! I'm rooting for a Joey/Apolo finale, but Ian really did good last night.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-07-2007, 01:24 AM