+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ian Ziering & Cheryl Burke - Season 4

Re: Ian Ziering & Cheryl Burke - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2362867;
    Ian actually has the best body for a dancer among the male celebs. Though I do also enjoy seeing dancers looking good out there even if they don't have the typical dancer's body.
    Ian does look the most like a professional dancer. I think he and Cheryl aren't getting the scores they deserve. Maybe the judges don't want a 3-peat for Cheryl?
    In this life you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant...I recommend pleasant.

FORT Fogey

I actually think that he and Cheryl are getting the scores they deserve - if anything they're inflated. Ian is too stiff, and the chemistry between the two of them is zero. Ian is not really dancing most weeks - he's going through motions to match another person. Just like reciting lines is not the same as acting (as Tori Spelling illustrated for Ian week after week on 90210) going through a series of moves is not the same as dancing.

I don't think that Ian has humbled him enough (from his one Broadway appearance that somehow made him a Broadway star perhaps?) to believe he needs coaching and training ... but he needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2363182;
    I actually think that he and Cheryl are getting the scores they deserve - if anything they're inflated. Ian is too stiff, and the chemistry between the two of them is zero. Ian is not really dancing most weeks - he's going through motions to match another person. Just like reciting lines is not the same as acting ....... going through a series of moves is not the same as dancing.

I don't think that Ian has humbled him enough (from his one Broadway appearance that somehow made him a Broadway star perhaps?) to believe he needs coaching and training ... but he needs it.
    I agree. And although I've tried, I still can't shake that rodent factor from him. :shudder

It was interesting to hear Len also comment on the lack of charisma between Ian and Cheryl up to that last dance from them. Viewers aren't the only ones who noticed it. But about Ian, not once have I gotten any vibe of sincerity about him... even when he has a look of smiling and fun on his face, I look at him and it looks so 'acted'. Rather like what's going on in his head is "okay, I'm smiling and acting like I'm lighthearted now. Aren't I a great actor?" Then in my head I hear in Jon Lovitz' famous character's voice... "that's acting!"

I love Cheryl to death, and she's my favorite female pro by a long shot, but I too agree they're actually getting scores they deserve, thanks to Ian. Hopefully she'll get a better partner next year... and I'm not talking about dance ability, she's proven she can overcome that problem.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

I get the same lack of sincerity vibe from him Nemeses. I haven't been able to decide if that's because Steve Sanders is so imprinted in my mind that I am responding to Steve Sanders dancing instead of Ian, or if it's because Ian wasn't really that good of an actor, so being Steve Sanders was essentially him being himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2365524;
    I get the same lack of sincerity vibe from him Nemeses. I haven't been able to decide if that's because Steve Sanders is so imprinted in my mind that I am responding to Steve Sanders dancing instead of Ian, or if it's because Ian wasn't really that good of an actor, so being Steve Sanders was essentially him being himself.

I agree that the Steve Sanders thing is getting in the way for me too. That toothy grin and his facial expression just arent passing the test for me. I do think he likes being there and Im rooting for him and Cheryl.
    As I said I dont know why Monday night deserved three 9's as opposed to his other performances.

Ian is next to go, at least I hope he is

I''m hoping for an Apolo-Ian finale - and then apolo can win it!

Gosh, I think this guy actually stinks, and believe me, I love Cheryl.

He's just too stiff, he can't let go of something stilted and sour inside of himself. For a moment, a few dances ago, I thought he was going to let go and either get lost in the dance, or get lost in performance, but he just hung on tight to his inhibitions.

As far as I'm concerned, he's next up on the MissThing target for elimination.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2380319;
    Gosh, I think this guy actually stinks, and believe me, I love Cheryl.

He's just too stiff, he can't let go of something stilted and sour inside of himself. For a moment, a few dances ago, I thought he was going to let go and either get lost in the dance, or get lost in performance, but he just hung on tight to his inhibitions.

As far as I'm concerned, he's next up on the MissThing target for elimination.
    I think "stinks" is pretty harsh. I feel bad for Cheryl because I doubt she will three-peat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2380360;
    I think "stinks" is pretty harsh. I feel bad for Cheryl because I doubt she will three-peat.
    Well, whatever word one decides to use to describe him, I have to agree, that he's just not enjoyable to watch. His technique doesn't suck, but there's something sort of robotic and just plain "not fun" about how he approaches the dances.

I cracked up at what one of the judges said about "when a woman is rubbing up against you, you're supposed to look like you enjoy it!" And was is Carrie Ann who said that he puts on the expressions he's supposed to be feeling, but the feelings don't seem to be behind them? Pretty much sums it up, I'd say!

I'll be sad if one of the other more qualified dancers goes home before he does. I think all of the others a decidedly better than he is. He and Laila may be fairly even from a technique perspective, but she is much better at selling the whole package when she dances.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-07-2007, 01:24 AM