Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

NAME:
    Apolo Anton Ohno

PROFESSION:
    Olympic speed skating Gold Medalist

PARTNER:
    Julianne Hough

BACKGROUND:
    Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Apolo Anton Ohno sets his sights on another trophy to add to his collection, the Dancing with the Stars Mirror Ball. As a short-track speed skater, Ohno has a total of five Olympic medals, tying him with Eric Heiden for the most medals of any U.S. Male Winter Olympian.

NAME:
    Julianne Hough

ACHIEVEMENTS:

* International Latin Youth Champion
    * Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion
    * United States National Latin Youth Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:
    Apolo Anton Ohno

STATS:

Style: Latin
    Nationality: American
    Based in: Salt Lake City
    Status: Currently has no partner, recently completed the Dancing with the Stars National Tour

BACKGROUND:
    Julianne grew up with her 10 siblings in Utah. A born entertainer, Julianne has always loved singing, dancing and acting and at the age of 10 she left her home and family to move to the other side of the world to live and train with her coaches in London. Julianne has grown up around (and worked with) adults from a very young age. She admits that she grew up early, and when she moved back home to Utah at 15 she found it very hard to fit back in to high school.

After graduating high school Julianne moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dreams of acting, dancing and singing. She landed a role as a dancer on ABC's game show Show Me The Money, and shortly after joined the Dancing with the Stars tour as a company dancer. When DWTS dancer Kym Johnson injured her arm, Julianne stepped in as her replacement and has been Cha Cha cha'ing across America with Season 1 DWTS competitor Joey MacIntyre.

Julianne is the youngest (and only) American dancer to have become both International Latin Youth Champion and Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion. She was also Assistant Choreographer on Gwen Stefani's Wind It Up video.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-09-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Okay, how fun will this be to watch??? I love AAO! Hopefully he's as light on his feet as he is graceful on ice.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Oh no!

And I mean that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2253997;
    Okay, how fun will this be to watch??? I love AAO! Hopefully he's as light on his feet as he is graceful on ice.
    I am thinking he should be good on this show just because of his skating.

Hope you're right dagwood because he is one of my favorites.

He should do well at using his feet and upper body.

I love AAO as well! He should be fun to watch!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I was so excited to hear that he was going to be a contestant! Can't wait to see how he moves on the dancefloor!

Olympic star Ohno ready to dance on TV
    Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) Olympic short track speedskater Apolo Anton Ohno will trade his skates for dancing shoes as a contestant on the upcoming season of "Dancing With the Stars."

The five-time Olympic medalist joins former NBA star Clyde Drexler and boxer Laila Ali among the 11 contestants.

Ohno, 24, will be the youngest contestant to compete on the ABC show, now in its fourth season. He'll be paired with 18-year-old professional dancer Julianne Hough.

"At our first meeting I gave her a pair of ice skates as a token of appreciation for all the enthusiasm and talent she brings to our dance team," Ohno said. "I think we're going to bring a fresh, new kind of energy and flavor to the table."

While the other contestants have begun rehearsing in preparation for the show's debut March 19, Ohno has some skating obligations he must tend to first.

He's competing in the U.S. short track nationals that end Sunday in Cleveland, and depending on his placing, he could earn a trip to Milan, Italy, for next month's world championships.
    Link

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for that link, hmm, I hope they get enough practice in, sounds like he is very busy. What does that mean if he goes to Italy next month? Thats when the show starts.!? Does that mean he will be racing in Italy too? Or just to watch. Sorry for sounding dumb, but that makes me a little nervous.: eek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast