+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

I'd love to see a woman win, and I think Laila (sp?) has a solid chance, but then I'm a huge Apolo fan and wouldn't mind seeing him go to the end too. I didn't think I would, but I like Joey and Kim too.

I love John Ratzenberg - esp. partnered with Edyta. I hope they go far. I also like Ian, but I'm ready for another dancer to take the number one spot. Don't get me wrong, I love Cheryl, but it'd be nice to shake things up a bit.

So, my favs thus far:

Apolo & Julianne
    Laila & Max
    Joey and Kim
    John & Edyta
    Ian & Cheryl
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-08-2007 at 11:50 AM.

I'm favoring Apolo and Laila as well. If they wound up being the last two standing, she would have to dance her heart out though because I suspect his viewer votes may exceed hers.

By the way, could Laila be prettier?? Talk about blessed... dang! Her partner's not exactly hard on the eyes either. Apolo and Julianne are as cute as two buttons on a baby sweater but Laila and Max (Maksim is it?) are visually amazing!

Ian seems like a nice guy and dances very well too. However, I don't see a strong a connection between him and his partner. Not as I see it with Apolo and Julianne. That's important if you want your dance to be believable to the audience.

Since the whole "boy band" thing is a bit after my time, I'm just now becoming aquainted with Joey. I like him but I'm not crazy about all the light sabers, gaudy glitter and nonsense. Oh heck... what really concerns me is the fact that he's good and that puts pressure on my favorites, but I think they can hold their own.

As a fan, I'd love it if Apolo and Julianne could win this, but if they don't, a loss to Laila, Ian, or Joey wouldn't seem as much like a total defeat since they are good dancers.

One last thing: I'm not exactly loving the Apolo/Julianne name blending thing that some of his fans have adopted. Just doesn't appeal to me. Tomkat and Brangelina have my eyes rolling enough, and now it's Apolian... Sorry, I just can't bear to type it.
    Last edited by Thyme; 04-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2319769;
    I'm favoring Apolo and Laila as well. If they wound up being the last two standing, she would have to dance her heart out though because I suspect his viewer votes may exceed hers.

By the way, could Laila be prettier?? Talk about blessed... dang! Her partner's not exactly hard on the eyes either. Apolo and Julianne are as cute as two buttons on a baby sweater but Laila and Max (Maksim is it?) are visually amazing!

Ian seems like a nice guy and dances very well too. However, I don't see a strong a connection between him and his partner. Not as I see it with Apolo and Julianne. That's important if you want your dance to be believable to the audience.

Since the whole "boy band" thing is a bit after my time, I'm just now becoming aquainted with Joey. I like him but I'm not crazy about all the light sabers, gaudy glitter and nonsense. Oh heck... what really concerns me is the fact that he's good and that puts pressure on my favorites, but I think they can hold their own.

As a fan, I'd love it if Apolo and Julianne could win this, but if they don't, a loss to Laila, Ian, or Joey wouldn't seem as much like a total defeat since they are good dancers.

One last thing: I'm not exactly loving the Apolo/Julianne name blending thing that some of his fans have adopted. Just doesn't appeal to me. Tomkat and Brangelina have my eyes rolling enough, and now it's Apolian... Sorry, I just can't bear to type it.
    Boy, you must be a writer. You said everything I was perceiving but couldn't articulate. I agree on all points!

Who is this Apolo guy you people keep referring to? All I see is a young, extremely amazing looking girl on my screen. Wow.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

These two were pure magic on the floor last night. They are young, adorable and absolutely charming.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I'm still not liking this guy, although I've waited a few dances to try to give him a shot. I don't hate him, just nothing there for me. His dances are ok, nothing exciting though. But I just can't get past that horse's tail under his lip that is so distracting, and the fact that his mouth hangs half open during half the dances. His partner seems cute enough, and I think in a year or two when she gains more experience that she'll be a good choreographer for DWtS. But for now.... meh
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2323317;
    His partner seems cute enough, and I think in a year or two when she gains more experience that she'll be a good choreographer for DWtS. But for now.... meh
    Now see, I think her choreography is really good.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

This is one couple I would actually like to see hook up, lol! They are just too adorable together.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2323902;
    This is one couple I would actually like to see hook up, lol! They are just too adorable together.
    Yeah, but last I heard he has a live-in girlfriend (also an Olympic speed skater and a very cute little brunette). I think that was why they were both so adamate that they relate like brother and sister and find the romance part hard - do they protest too much? Seems like there is a bit of attraction there to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2325314;
    Yeah, but last I heard he has a live-in girlfriend (also an Olympic speed skater and a very cute little brunette). I think that was why they were both so adamate that they relate like brother and sister and find the romance part hard - do they protest too much? Seems like there is a bit of attraction there to me too.
    I thought there was genuine affection, but not attraction. They are super cute together but seem more like best friends to me. I've been wrong before but that's how it appeared to me.

+ Reply to Thread