+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

Re: Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2362514;
    I have to disagree on the 'gay vibe' with this show.. Most of the Male pro-dancers are Married or engaged. Not to also point out that nearly all of the Male "stars" were as well.

True, at least that's what they are saying publicly, but just remember that this is the Disney Channel and they are in Hollywood. I personally believe that most are heterosexual as they state, but there are others who remain questionable.

"Not sure what you mean by its gay behind the scenes.. or by songs covered... or guest stars.
    We have had singers like Meatloaf & Joss Stone, hardly big on the gay scene"

Yes, but Pet Shop Boys, Scissor Sisters, and Erasure definitely are. Also, I'm sure both Meatloaf & Mrs. Stone have plenty of gay fans. I like them both.
    I don't see how anyone could not notice all the lighthearted gay jokes between the host and Bruno and the Jimmy Kimble segments.

"I don't feel a "Gay Vibe" as you put it. In fact none of my gay friends watch this show, my non-gay male friends... that however is a whole different story with people like Kym, Edyta... you get my point."

This show definitely knows who their primary audience is (i.e. woman and gay men). Yes, Kym and Edyta will appeal to the "bored" straight men forced to watch DWTS with their wives, but it also appeals to gays who admire strong gorgeous women like Lynda Carter, Madonna, or Christina Aguilera and love the fashion. Also, it does help that Maksim, Alec, Jonathan, and Brian are all really attractive.
    I apologize for continuing this conversation in Apolo's thread, since it has little to do him at the moment.
    Last edited by mrsean; 05-10-2007 at 06:40 PM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

They meet, dance and have amazing on-screen chemistry. He breaks up with his girlfriend. She postpones her marriage. I have a feeling these two are going to be dating each other.

And even if they don't, I'm glad Julianne is going to postpone her marriage. If she and her fiance have a really strong relationship, they will eventually get married and it won't matter if they wait a year or three. She will be older then, even more mature than she seems to be now, and ready to make that kind of commitment.

I really hope these two win this event! They're fantastic!

FORT Fogey

I can't help but be cynical about this. Seems to me that the potential of a Julianne and Apolo romance is HUGE publicity for each of them and the show.

kind of like Max and his partner last season. There was specualtion that they were a couple and it drove the drama (and hence the ratings, I imagine). Then, the girl announces her engagement to some guy she'd been seeing for awhile. I don't think she and Max ever dated.

I love this couple! Apolo is really bringing it and Julianne's choreography is absolutely amazing. I hope they win!

Julianne has a huge career ahead of her. At 18 she has the best choreography of any of the professionals and it shows in the high scores every week. Smart girl for postponing the wedding. Dancer's careers are short and she needs to strike while the iron is hot.

Apolo and Julianne have this just about locked up. Unless they fall completely flat in the semis... they are the couple to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2387296;
    Julianne has a huge career ahead of her. At 18 she has the best choreography of any of the professionals and it shows in the high scores every week. Smart girl for postponing the wedding. Dancer's careers are short and she needs to strike while the iron is hot.
    Absolutely. If it's love, then it will be there when she gets back. If it isn't, better she know now.

I can tell by the level of her skill that she has pretty much lived and breathed dancing all her life. Awesome as that may seem, she deserves a chance to see the other things out there to live and breathe. Her singing career, etc. I don't mean to suggest that her husband wouldn't have allowed that. Only that some experiences are best appreciated as an individual. That way no one feels uprooted and dragged along... or left behind

I can't wait to see what Julianne comes up with next. I so enjoy watching her and Apolo dance.

I hope they win!!!

Vote Apolo fans, VOTE!

FORT Newbie

APOLO is My FAVORITE!! It is HE who has something that is Much Bigger!

He never looks or acts Fake (aka Joey), he always seems genuinely appreciative of the fans, and the judge's opinions. He has charisma that can't be taught! And he can DANCE! ooh la la!

I'm going to cry if he doesn't win!!!

FORT Fogey

Did anyone see Apolo and Julianne on the red carpet for the Pirate movie? They were awfully touchy, feely, hanging-onto-each-other. Kym and Joey just seemed like pals hanging out, but Apolo and Julianne seemed much, much closer. And on top of her broken engagement, well, I'd say these two are the next Karina and Mario...

Where did you see the premiere video? I've been looking for info on it. Hmmm.. I rewatched the rumba ( the chair dance) either he is getting to be a better actor or they are getting to be really "close" friends.
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread