+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by llbrcfan;2296052;
    ....But he can sure move and shake his Bootie.
    Well, at least that's more than some of the past celebs were able to do when they first arrived at DWtS

Quote Originally Posted by llbrcfan;2296052;
    He is trying his best and if he can conquer his nerves he will do just fine. He puts 100% and more into anything he tries. He is willing to try and that is what this show is supposed to be about. Learning how to dance.
    Well, I have to say his first dance on DWtW was pretty bad However, everything above is quite true and there certainly have been other celebs who started out badly and ended up, if not the winner, at least vastly improved and who turned out to be quite entertaining, so at this point he's not counted out yet. Unfortunately for him, he has a pro partner who seems to care more about herself than her partners, and who doesn't have Cheryl or Kym's ability to zone in on the partner strengths and build on that.

And putting 100% into something and being willing to work hard is certainly more than some past celebs could honestly claim... Master P being the first to come to mind. And at least BRC has a personality, unlike Heather Mills So I won't count him out yet, but I do hope he's able to improve, and I hope someone slaps his pro partner and tells her to do better by him. (sorry, Karina fans, I just really dislike her and her attitude, and welcome any opportunity suggest someone slap her )

And thanks for the background info on BRC, llbrcfan. Having more background info helps when trying to see a celeb in a bigger picture.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    Okay, with his hair out of his face, I'm reminded that I hated that stupid song he did, but I always thought the man is drop-dead gorgeous.

I thought he was great and I hope he doesn't leave tonight. I'd like to see a few more weeks of him...

Billy Ray Hair may be disney set up

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2270007;
    .....and I thought my hair looked bad this morning....yikes!
    I never seen Billy Ray hair messy till he started the show with his daughter and they made the show background of Billy & his daughter being hometown county folks from Tennessee and on the Disney show they have him dressing real county bumpkin and have both him and his daughter talking real county talk in some shows so i think the hair is just the way he has to wear it for the show and the show is still going on why he doing this dance show so he has to abide with Disney wishes on his dress & hair I would think as it all about him being a real way back county dad so give him a chance on his dancing he did great in the younger years as he dance great while the achy breaky dance was on I seen him in person on two show and they both were great and his gair was great too . wish he still wore it like that as like you I hate this style now but know it only started being this way with Hannah Montana show .

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2299055;
    Okay, with his hair out of his face, I'm reminded that I hated that stupid song he did, but I always thought the man is drop-dead gorgeous.

I thought he was great and I hope he doesn't leave tonight. I'd like to see a few more weeks of him...
    If you saw the show tuesday night Billy Ray was safe. Monday night the one judge said he was the most improved from the week before. another said he was not longer a bear in a swamp but a real southern gentleman
    He and Karina were the only ones to get a standing ovation from the crowd and that was not just fans it was the whole audience. Way to go Billy Ray you were awesome monday night. Now I cant wait till next monday to see you do the Tango to that Neil Diamond song. I cant see you leaving anytime soon. I like Karina very much. She has been able to help Billy Ray overcome his fear of dancing in front of a crowd and to help him conquer his nerves.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maidenlady;2302724;
    I never seen Billy Ray hair messy till he started the show with his daughter and they made the show background of Billy & his daughter being hometown county folks from Tennessee and on the Disney show they have him dressing real county bumpkin and have both him and his daughter talking real county talk in some shows so i think the hair is just the way he has to wear it for the show and the show is still going on why he doing this dance show so he has to abide with Disney wishes on his dress & hair I would think as it all about him being a real way back county dad so give him a chance on his dancing he did great in the younger years as he dance great while the achy breaky dance was on I seen him in person on two show and they both were great and his gair was great too . wish he still wore it like that as like you I hate this style now but know it only started being this way with Hannah Montana show .
    Guess you have not been a fan of Billy Ray's as long as I have. He had this hair style long before he stated on Hannah Montana. His hair is his business. He does not tell me to wear mine. I dont care for this style but if its what he wants and it is in style its up to him. Didnt you see the show monday night?. His hair was awesome and his clothes were that of a proper ballroom dancer. and that came form one of the judges.

FORT Newbie
    I agree with you! I am a long-time fan too and we HAVE been through a few hair styles with BRC...but it's what's inside that counts! He's the best!!

I don't like BRC

He just annoys me. And I bet he's going to be just like Sara Evans and get all the country music fans to go out and vote for him. He just really bugs me

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by R.James;2305690;
    I don't like BRC

He just annoys me. And I bet he's going to be just like Sara Evans and get all the country music fans to go out and vote for him. He just really bugs me
    Sorry to hear that but guess not everyone can like everybody. I love BR and he has is own fans to push him on. He has a very large fan base. And what may I ask is so wrong with the country music fans?. I am just so proud of the way He is improving. Even the judges were impressed. I have watched this show for the past 2 seasons and I cant say I disliked anyone. or as you say was annoyed by anyone. BR is a very sincere person. And we know that he is giving his all to make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by R.James;2305690;
    And I bet he's going to be just like Sara Evans and get all the country music fans to go out and vote for him. He just really bugs me
    As much as I wish DWtS were just a ballroom dancing entertainment show, the fact is that it is a popularity contest above the joy of watching the dancing itself. So given that, yes.. I would expect all of the teams, celebs and pros alike to encourage their fans to vote for them. Otherwise I wouldn't think too much of their common sense. And as much as I might wish a certain team or celeb from some season didn't have so many fans so a lesser-deserving celeb would get eliminated (hello, Master P), the fact is that all of them should encourage their fans to vote for them. It's not a 'Sarah Evans' thing, it's a celeb with fans thing. So if we see a celeb encouraging their fans to vote for their team, then we know the celeb is doing what they should be doing to win. It's a popularity contest, they all need fans to vote.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie
    Yes each of them are asking their fans to vote for them. Even the announcers say vote for your favorite. They dont say vote for the best dancer. Thats the way these shows are and guess they always will be. Last week Billy Ray was the most improved and got good judges scores and that still dont change peoples mind about him. I give him and all of them lots of credit for even trying this. I hope the fans can keep Billy Ray on for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 11:00 PM