+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

I was never a Billy Ray Cyrus fan, although I didn't dislike him either. But this is an interesting addition, and I think his attitude will be good. Whether he'll be able to do well is anyone's guess, but he'll be interesting to watch, I think.

His partner is Karina Smirnoff. Lord have mercy on his soul! And I was kind of hoping she wouldn't be back this season. Oh well, I hope she's a better sport than Her Highness was last season.

And btw, to those wondering if his hair is a Keith Urban impression... BRC has had that same hairstyle for about 10 years, way before Urban.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of Billy Ray's or Karina's. I was hoping we would do without her. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will be eliminated early so I don't have to see that grim smirk on her face
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Well, I'm planning on giving Karina another chance. Louis came off much like Karina his first season, but in the 2 after that, he quickly became one of my favorites. I'm sure there's more to her than what we've seen so far, and she is an incredible dancer, if nothing else, so I admire her for that.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

I liked the mullet better than the Keith Urban do. I always thought Billy Ray was kinda cute, in a trailer trash sort of way. But, I don't know how he'll be as a ballroom dancer - I'm betting not that great. Karina is bold, brassy, and bossy, but I get the impression he is rather laid back and easy going. I hope so, otherwise, it'll be fireworks. When she gets frustrated, she takes it out on her partner. She got real lucky with Mario last season. I don't think Billy Ray is going to be anywhere near Mario's league.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2258175;
    Karina is bold, brassy, and bossy, but I get the impression he is rather laid back and easy going. I hope so, otherwise, it'll be fireworks. When she gets frustrated, she takes it out on her partner.
    The above is a good summary of them, and of her especially. Although not a BRC fan, I will admit that in interviews I've seen him on over the years, one thing that did stand out in my mind was that he didn't have that smug arrogance so many one-hit wonders have, and that he at least has the ability to laugh at himself and his lack of certain abilities. So that gives him a few bonus points right off the bat, with me. Enter without any chips on your shoulder, and I like you a bit already.

I'll give her a chance to change my mind about her this season, but my patience is stretched thin with her. She was a hands-down-poor-sport-no-denying-it diva bitch last season, so she comes into this season from a different door than BRC, in my mind. Hopefully she's learned some grace over the hiatus, maybe learned how to be a good sport (a BADLY needed lesson for her), and has been taught that the camera is watching her even when she doesn't realize it, so smile and play nice.

Having been paired with that brat-mandiva last season may have given her a false sense of how to act on DWtS and be liked by fans of the show, so maybe she's changed, even if only for the cameras. She's at least had a chance to watch the tapes of season 3 by now, and maybe read the things viewers were saying about her. So there's hope for a change for the better for her. We'll see.

The thing is, I really want all the cast -- pros and celebs alike -- to be likeable and entertaining and non-offensive. I love DWtS for it's dancing and entertainment, so I'd rather all the cast check their attitudes at the door when entering. Just enter and dance and play nice.

Dance my little puppets, dance!
    Last edited by Nemeses; 02-28-2007 at 02:08 AM.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkcrzy1972;2258171;
    Well, I'm planning on giving Karina another chance. Louis came off much like Karina his first season, but in the 2 after that, he quickly became one of my favorites. I'm sure there's more to her than what we've seen so far, and she is an incredible dancer, if nothing else, so I admire her for that.
    I have to agree with tink...Louis did come across as arrogant, cocky and smug the 1st season and by the 2nd season he was a completely different man! I always joked that when he cut his long hair he cut away all his cockiness. I Louis and hate that he won't be back!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I used to say the same thing about him! I'll miss him competing this year, but according to his blog, we'll get to see him in the pro numbers, and he's going to be available to help the others with choreography. I hate that he's not on only because they got celebs that were too tall. I adore my Maks, but Louis was just so much FUN!
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Here's one of our early departures. I don't see BRC as being very light in his feet and Karina probably doesn't have any fan base among DWTS voters. I think BRC will try and be fun-loving about the whole thing, though.

Yeah, you make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2262144;
    Here's one of our early departures. I don't see BRC as being very light in his feet and Karina probably doesn't have any fan base among DWTS voters. I think BRC will try and be fun-loving about the whole thing, though.
    Well, I hope they at least last longer than HM. I like Jonathan, but not that much. I don't think I like anyone enough to put up with her. Well, maybe Maks...but he'd have to ask me personally to vote for him for that!
    Fondly,
    Sharon

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 11:00 PM