+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

Re: Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by llbrcfan;2329377;
    Its nice to read on here that some fans are seeing a side of Billy Ray that his fans have seen over the years. We love him for his dedication to his fans and always doing well over 100% in anything he attempts.
    He is very personable to the audience after he dances. He always points, waves, blows kisses and mouths "thank you". He is very gracious. And his answer every time Samantha asks how he plans to improve? Hard work. It says a lot about his character as a person. He may be a slow country boy, but he does have heart. I also think he is a gentleman because he truly does not want to embarrass his bitch...er...partner. I don't pick him for the win, but he has earned my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by weary;2330161;
    I don't really understand why everyone is so down on Karina. I think she just has naturally frowning-shaped eyebrows that make her look scowling when she doesn't feel that way.
    Eyebrows, eh? Well, I can honestly say that's a new theory as to why she's like she is.

Um, no. It wasn't her eyebrows making snide comments last season, nor was it her eyebrows rolling their eyes at other teams last season in the background when she didn't realize she was in camera view, it wasn't her eyebrows that exhibited such bad sportsmanship last season when Cheryl and Emmitt won on the finale, it wasn't her eyebrows that continued to flagrantly break rules last season even after being told more than once not to (and she's already done it once so far this season as well), it wasn't her eyebrows on the finale itself that ignored an opportunity presented to her by Tom to congratulate Cheryl & Emmitt but chose instead to declare that Mario was the real winner, and it wasn't her eyebrows that smugly insisted in interviews post-season that the wrong winners were picked (bad sportsmanship again). And I've forgotten the other reasons, aside from her self-righteous attitude, but no... eyebrows aren't the problem.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I think I posted somewhere else, but at the live taping of BRC's second dance, he was the only one to get a standing ovation from the audience. Watching the show later on tape you don't get the same feeling, but even Carrie Ann said he was the most improved. He also was the only celebrity out of all 11 (no one had been eliminated yet) that acknowledeged the fans in every corner of the studio. He was truly moved by the audiences reaction. He jumped up many notches in my estimation. While he was saluting the audience Karina stood off to the side stony faced. I didn't like BRC or his music, but I find myself liking him more and more because of his heart and work ethic. Imagine how much farther he would get it he had Cheryl or Kym as a partner!

I have never paid much attention to him as either a singer or an actor. He just seemed like a good ol' boy from the south (however, I did think he was kind of sexy in an earthy, rustic way). Now, I have revised my opinion and find him to be a real gentlemen who embodies all the southern charm we hear about. He is a delightful man who I enjoy watching perform, even if his moves aren't exactly "smooth or polished".

FORT Fogey

I'm so serious here - can we somehow kick Karina off and keep BRC? That dance she choreographed last night was ridiculous and had her doing all the dancing and BR just standing still most of the time, serving as her pole. He may not have all the skill in the world, but she's working hard to make him look worse than he is! I gave him all my votes last night because he deserves them for the effort. Karina, on the other hand, deserves to be sent home.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2334692;
    I'm so serious here - can we somehow kick Karina off and keep BRC? That dance she choreographed last night was ridiculous and had her doing all the dancing and BR just standing still most of the time, serving as her pole. He may not have all the skill in the world, but she's working hard to make him look worse than he is! I gave him all my votes last night because he deserves them for the effort. Karina, on the other hand, deserves to be sent home.
    I agree completely. I didn't think I'd end up liking him so much, but I do - and it sucks that she is his partner. She does absolutley nothing to play into any of his strengths, and seems to go out of her way making a mockery of his efforts. I would have loved to see him partnered with Edyta or Elena, dancers who know how to make the best out of not so wonderful situations. Actually, BRC partnered with anyone but Karina would have made me happy.

Karina should have been partnered with Cyde Drexler, that would have punished her for last year. But, instead she gets sweet ol' Billy Ray and she punishes him. I agree, she's a biotch.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2335104;
    Karina should have been partnered with Cyde Drexler, that would have punished her for last year. But, instead she gets sweet ol' Billy Ray and she punishes him. I agree, she's a biotch.
    Exactly! I couldn't agree with you more if I had said it...lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2334938;
    I agree completely. I didn't think I'd end up liking him so much, but I do - and it sucks that she is his partner. She does absolutley nothing to play into any of his strengths, and seems to go out of her way making a mockery of his efforts. I would have loved to see him partnered with Edyta or Elena, dancers who know how to make the best out of not so wonderful situations. Actually, BRC partnered with anyone but Karina would have made me happy.
    Now I do like Edyta, but I don't think she is a very strong choreographer and Elena is just awful. I'll never forget her choreograhy that left Tucker Carlson sitting in a chair for the first 1/3 of the dance. That was horrendous and she didn't do much better with Clyde this year, and I know she didn't have much to work with. But look at Cheryl, Kym, and Jonathan, who all make their partners look good no matter who they are.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

You may be right about the choreography, but both Elena and Edyta always come across to me as caring and sweet, and I think that would work better with BRC than bratty and fake...

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2007, 11:00 PM