+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Official announcement of the participants?

Official announcement of the participants?

Anyone see it? I missed it.

Leeza Gibbons is on Jimmy Kimmel's show talking with him about being on it. They are discussing some of the other names.

Wait. Online article found...

ABC announces new "Dancing with the Stars" lineup - ABC4.com

ABC announces new "Dancing with the Stars" lineup

Last Update: Feb 21, 2007 8:06 PM

11 new stars are quick-stepping up to the plate for the 4th season of ABC's smash hit Dancing with the Stars. Good Morning America announced the new line up on Wednesday, and the country is buzzing over one celebrity in particular.

When former Dancing with the Star Star Jerry Springer announced the new line up of the fox-trotting famous, there was audible surprise from the Good Morning America anchors with contestant 11, Heather Mills.

In the midst of a nasty divorce from former Beatle Paul McCartney, Mills is also the first to dance with an artificial limb. She lost her left leg below the knee in a traffic accident. And though Springer commented that she may be the sentimental favorite, don't discount the other ten contenders.

The line up includes: Supermodel Paulina Porizkova, undefeated World Champion female boxer Laila Ali, Beverly Hills 90210 hot throb Ian Ziering, Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey, Mr. Achy Breaky Heart Billy Ray Cyrus and Sopranos actor Vincent Pastore.

Trying to get the GMA team to guess another competitor, Springer gave these clues, "This Olympic athlete has been called the human rocket on ice. He's won five gold medals."

Robin Roberts shouted out the right answer, "Apolo Anton Ohno."

Finishing the list of those ready to Rumba: former N'Sync member Joey Fatone, talk show host Leeza Gibbons and NBA great Clyde Drexler.

For the past three seasons Utahns have cheered on the State's professional dancers: Ashley Delgrosso, Louis Van-Amstel and Andrea Hale - none of them are returning for season four.

But Julianne Hough from Center Stage Theater in Orem will be making her Dancing with the Stars debut next month partnered with Apolo Anton Ohno.

The two hour premiere of Dancing with the Stars airs Monday, March 19 at 7:00 p.m. on ABC 4.
    I love Leeza, but I'm thinking Shandi Finnessey will be the ehem... popular lady.

Heather Mills is out of her mind for going into this with this timing. Isn't her life enough of a freakshow already? Will there be a female contestant pulling out because of a bad marriage two seasons in a row?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Heather Mills???? I don't get this. She is in the middle of a very nasty, tabloid divorce and she's not the most sympathetic person. Hmmmm......

The others look great, looking forward to it!

Thanks Krom!

Well, from what I'm seeing on all the other boards I frequent where there has been any discussion about the show, reaction to her is overwhelmingly negative. There are quite a few even going so far as refusing to watch until she is voted off. I think I feel sorry for Jonathan Roberts for being the pro that has her, unless one of the other celebs is just horrible, I don't see her lasting very long.

Fondly,
    Sharon

Heather Mills - huh??? How on earth is she going to dance the type of moves that are required with an artificial leg? I can't imagine her motivation for doing this show - guess she loves publicity and doesn't care whether its good or bad. She certainly won't be my favorite and I hope she gets voted off first! Enough said.

Its just the part of her leg below the knee that's artificial apparently. What that kills is any move involving ankles, I guess.

Also new casting news... with Big Pussy (Vincent Pastore) dropping out they've now replaced him with Cliff Clavin (John Ratzenberger)!

John Ratzenberger joins cast of `Dancing With the Stars' - Boston.com

John Ratzenberger joins cast of `Dancing With the Stars'

March 2, 2007

NEW YORK --A mailman is replacing a hitman on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." John Ratzenberger, who played Cliff Claven on "Cheers," will step in for Vincent Pastore, who quit after one week of training.

Ratzenberger, 59, a native of Bridgeport, Conn., had previously turned down an offer to join the cast for the 10-week dance competition because of a scheduling conflict, ABC said Friday.

The 60-year-old Pastore, who played a tough-guy mobster on HBO's "The Sopranos," said earlier this week he didn't realize how physically demanding the show would be for him.

"We're sad that Vincent felt he was unable to continue in the competition, as he would have been great on the show," executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement Friday. "`Dancing With the Stars' is physically demanding, and it pays to know your limits. We respect his decision."

The new cast also includes Olympic skater Apolo Anton Ohno, boxer Laila Ali, former 'N Sync member Joey Fatone, country singer-actor Billy Ray Cyrus and Paul McCartney's estranged wife, Heather Mills.

"Dancing With the Stars" returns March 19.

------

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. Time Warner Inc. owns HBO.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    You know you have a winner on your hands when there are thousands of posts and the show hasn't even started yet! Go Apolo!

where is ashly delgrosso?

Ashly is expecting her first baby, due in July, so will not be participating this season.
    Fondly,
    Sharon

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkcrzy1972;2266500;
    Ashly is expecting her first baby, due in July, so will not be participating this season.
    I looked forward to seeing her friendly face and fantastic dancing ability...oh well I always have Cheryl from the neck down!!

+ Reply to Thread