+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Chino;2220820;
    I just read at E! on-line that Apollo Ohno, the Olympic Speed Skater, has signed on for Season 4.
    I wanted to read the entire article on this, so went to Eonline.com to find it, but I can't find any news there about Apollo Ohno, even doing a site search on it. Could you maybe have seen it somewhere else, Chino? I'd love to read it... hungry for any news on the upcoming DWtS season, lol.

Returned to add: Not sure where you saw that, Chino, but the only thing I could find about Apollo Ohno and DWtS when googling was his adamant assertion that he'd never do a DWtS show. Here's a brief excerpt from an interview in September 2006, from the US Olympic Team's official site: In bold is the interviewer's question, below it is Apollo's answers)

If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be?
    “I would do the ‘Amazing Race’ and pick Olympic Athletes from here. We would just tear it up. We would just tear those fools up.”

Who would you pick to be on your team?
    “[Triathlete] Mark Fretta! I would pick Mark and then get a wrestler because wrestlers are crazy. They never say die. They’re just great athletes, even if physically they’re not stronger than you, they are going to find a way to beat you and to outplay you.”

Have you ever been approached to be on a reality TV show?
    “Yeah, but I don’t know. Some reality shows are so cheesy.”

No ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in your future?
    “Ah no! No way! Nothing like that. It would have to be authentic to me at least a little bit. But I think there’s an opportunity. I like watching ‘The Contender’ so I think we should do something like that.”
    Last edited by Nemeses; 01-30-2007 at 02:18 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2220849;
    I wanted to read the entire article on this, so went to Eonline.com to find it, but I can't find any news there about Apollo Ohno, even doing a site search on it. Could you maybe have seen it somewhere else, Chino? I'd love to read it... hungry for any news on the upcoming DWtS season, lol.

Returned to add: Not sure where you saw that, Chino, but the only thing I could find about Apollo Ohno and DWtS when googling was his adamant assertion that he'd never do a DWtS show.
    Hi Nemeses, It was just a little blurb in the Watch with Kristin Section in her Chat -

From Janey: Have you heard anything about the upcoming Dancing with the Stars this March? Jennifer Aniston might guest star?
    Yes, and Elvis and the Easter Bunny, too…In an alternate universe, they are doing the cha-cha. In this universe I can tell you I've just heard exclusively from an ABC source that Olympic speed-skating champ Apolo Ohno has signed on for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chino;2221051;
    Hi Nemeses, It was just a little blurb in the Watch with Kristin Section in her Chat -

From Janey: Have you heard anything about the upcoming Dancing with the Stars this March? Jennifer Aniston might guest star?
    Yes, and Elvis and the Easter Bunny, too…In an alternate universe, they are doing the cha-cha. In this universe I can tell you I've just heard exclusively from an ABC source that Olympic speed-skating champ Apolo Ohno has signed on for the new season.
    Thanks for expanding on that, Chino Hmm, well hopefully ABC or someone will soon be releasing something to confirm that. If it turns out to be true, I guess that'll fill the sports celeb slot? I don't follow sports in any way, so have never heard of Apollo Ohno, but then I'd never heard of Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Tucker Carlson, or any other sports figures that have been on DWtS before the show started. And I learned to love Emmitt Smith, tho not the others. So if it turns out to be true, I hope he provides an entertaining season on his part Good catch, Chino

Still dying to see who all our season 4 celebs will be. C'mon, ABC, release the cast list
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OOOhhh...if Apollo is on there....
    Tho we already have our sports figure with Laila Ali (she's a boxer).....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm just having a very hard time believing that Apolo Ohno signed on for this. He is too young, too cool and too contemptuous of DWTS to do it. What possible benefit would he get from this type of exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2221225;
    Tho we already have our sports figure with Laila Ali (she's a boxer).....
    Oh yeah, that's true. I forgot about her

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I'm just having a very hard time believing that Apolo Ohno signed on for this. He is too young, too cool and too contemptuous of DWTS to do it.
    I know nothing about Apollo Ohno, but yeah, that's certainly the impression I got of him reading what he said above in that interview.

FORT Fogey
    The prospect of Apollo doing the show is the only thats excited me about it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2221070;
    Thanks for expanding on that, Chino Hmm, well hopefully ABC or someone will soon be releasing something to confirm that. If it turns out to be true, I guess that'll fill the sports celeb slot? I don't follow sports in any way, so have never heard of Apollo Ohno, but then I'd never heard of Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Tucker Carlson, or any other sports figures that have been on DWtS before the show started. And I learned to love Emmitt Smith, tho not the others. So if it turns out to be true, I hope he provides an entertaining season on his part Good catch, Chino

Still dying to see who all our season 4 celebs will be. C'mon, ABC, release the cast list
    I think Tucker would be flattered to be inculded in this, because he is a political talk show host on MSNBC. He throws innuendos, catches flack, bats the chat, fumbles the facts, but none of them are actually done on a playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2222132;
    I think Tucker would be flattered to be inculded in this, because he is a political talk show host on MSNBC. He throws innuendos, catches flack, bats the chat, fumbles the facts, but none of them are actually done on a playing field.
    As I said, I knew nothing about Carlson before the show. And since he was gone so fast, I still know nothing about him other than that he was once a celeb contestant on DWtS -- for a brief.... very brief.. moment.

Laila will kick butt!

+ Reply to Thread