+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DWtS Season 4 Watch: Stars Who Are Signing or Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2196403;
    Huh? Jennifer Aniston is a huge star! She maks several mill per picture. Only a handful of Hollywood actresses would be "bigger" than her.

I don't really want to see her on the show. I think it'd be bad for her and the show. Plus, I like seeing people who need the show as a leg up professionally. They have more to gain by sticking around and will actually work to get better (generally speaking, of course!).

I like the contestant who is closer to the average person.

But, its called DWTS, not dancing with the "average person"......So, naturally, I tune in to see "stars" either dance or make a fool of themselves trying.

I do agree that Jennifer Aniston is unrealistic though.....besides, as much as I like her, I don't see her as being a very good dancer.

Hey, how about crazy Danny Bonaduche (sp?).....he seems to be up for most anything these days.

Demi Moore and Aston might be cool.........In the past I would say she was too big for the show, but she hasn't really done anything in recent years.

That whacky bachelorette Erica from TX might be a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2196507;
    Hey, how about crazy Danny Bonaduche (sp?).....he seems to be up for most anything these days.
    Exactly why I don't want to see him anywhere near DWtS. Well, that and a million other reasons too. Aside from his being a real loser and jackass, I think the only ex-Partridge Family member I'd have any interest in seeing on DWtS would be Susan Dey. David Cassidy would be interesting, but since he does have a fairly thriving career now, I doubt he'd be interested. Susan, on the other hand, seems to fit into the mold of some of the 'was an actress on..' celebs they've had on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2196507;
    That whacky bachelorette Erica from TX might be a hoot!
    If there's one thing I don't want to see on DWtS is contestants from reality shows. (That's just an assumption on my part, I don't know who this bachelorette Erica from TX is, just judging by the description, sounds like a reality show contestant. If my assumption on who she is is incorrect, my apologies) There's already been one in a previous season, and she was as interesting as a paper napkin, and I don't consider reality show contestants, no matter who they are or think they are, to be 'stars' in the sense I want them to be for DWtS.

On a side note... /sigh, waiting for next season to start, as March is getting closer now. Bring on Season 4!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2196547;
    Exactly why I don't want to see him anywhere near DWtS. Well, that and a million other reasons too. Aside from his being a real loser and jackass, I think the only ex-Partridge Family member I'd have any interest in seeing on DWtS would be Susan Dey. David Cassidy would be interesting, but since he does have a fairly thriving career now, I doubt he'd be interested. Susan, on the other hand, seems to fit into the mold of some of the 'was an actress on..' celebs they've had on.

If there's one thing I don't want to see on DWtS is contestants from reality shows. (That's just an assumption on my part, I don't know who this bachelorette Erica from TX is, just judging by the description, sounds like a reality show contestant. If my assumption on who she is is incorrect, my apologies) There's already been one in a previous season, and she was as interesting as a paper napkin, and I don't consider reality show contestants, no matter who they are or think they are, to be 'stars' in the sense I want them to be for DWtS.

On a side note... /sigh, waiting for next season to start, as March is getting closer now. Bring on Season 4!
    Ahhh...I haven't seen Susan Dey in years.....but I used to be fond of her.

Danny is beyond weird, but he is a good guy at heart, and I still think he'd make an interesting contestant.

Ooops, soory about the Erica idea....forgot about the "star" qualification for a moment. She is a socialite from TX that demeaned herself (in her opinion anyways) to be on the Bachelor. I think she was there for the public to love to hate.......

What about Brooke Shields?

Ellen Degeneres......that would be hysterical......just not sure if they'd partner her with Louis or Karrina....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2196554;
    Ellen Degeneres......that would be hysterical......just not sure if they'd partner her with Louis or Karrina....lol
    lol

I know Ellen would never do DWtS, but I sure do love her, she's just such a likeable and funny person. And she seems genuinely nice, too. I love watching her in anything

I still want my Steve Martin on DWtS tho! Uh Oh! I'm getting... HAPPY FEET!!!

I just realized both Ellen and Steve are fond of white suits and dancing. Let them do the co-hosting for a season
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2196563;
    lol

I know Ellen would never do DWtS, but I sure do love her, she's just such a likeable and funny person. And she seems genuinely nice, too. I love watching her in anything

I still want my Steve Martin on DWtS tho! Uh Oh! I'm getting... HAPPY FEET!!!

I just realized both Ellen and Steve are fond of white suits and dancing. Let them do the co-hosting for a season
    I love Ellen too...she is all heart! Ya never know about her doing the show though......she watches DWtS.....talks about it all the time....and since "dancing" is a big part of her show....who knows??? Not sure where her show is taped though, so the time factor could be a problem.

Steve Martin....lol....Oddly enough, I have a feeling he's do pretty well!

Ellen's show is taped in the Hollywood/LA area. I was lucky enough to go to a taping a couple of years ago.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2198016;
    Ellen's show is taped in the Hollywood/LA area. I was lucky enough to go to a taping a couple of years ago.
    Cool......maybe she could pull off doing both shows....she seems "high energy".......someone needs to "hollar" at Ellen.......kaaaaa kaaaa!

Was she as nice in person as she appears on the show?

FORT Fogey
    I'm showing my age. But...how about:

David Cassidy over Danny and Laurie? Danny wouldn't take it seriously and Susan Day has zero personality from what I've seen on talk shows (still bitter about whatever it was on the Partridge Family).
    Shirley from Laverne and Shirley (or any of the Happy Days gang)
    Ted Danson or Shelly Long from Cheers
    (but no Bradys. Not a single one)
    Raymond's brother on everyone loves Raymond
    Kathleen Turner
    Daryl Hannah
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-08-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2199525;
    I'm showing my age. But...how about:

David Cassidy over Danny and Laurie? Danny wouldn't take it seriously and Susan Day has zero personality from what I've seen on talk shows (still bitter about whatever it was on the Partridge Family).
    Shirley from Laverne and Shirley (or any of the Happy Days gang)
    Ted Danson or Shelly Long from Cheers
    (but no Bradys. Not a single one)
    Raymond's brother on everyone loves Raymond
    Kathleen Turner
    Daryl Hannah
    Showing my age and cattiness here, but...

As I had mentioned earlier in the thread, I doubt David Cassidy would do it, he has a thriving career now. Laurie? Too far down the D list for a show like this. Danny Bonaduce probably would do it, but I pray no one ever asks him... eeps, can't stand the guy, and his voice makes me want to run off screaming into the night. Susan might do it, since she's not so busy anymore.

Shirley Williams could be interesting.

Ted Danson, hmm.. not sure he'd be very interesting or interested in doing it, but Shelly Long might be interested, considering the personal problems she's had in her life in the past 5 years, this could be something she could get into and would help her get her life back together.

No Bradys. Right. Agreed!

Brad Garrett (Robert Barone) probably wouldn't have the time to devote to DWtS, since he's starring in the new sitcom, and busy on Broadway also.

Kathleen Turner... Not sure you could get her to the rehearsals until you figure out how to surgically remove the vodka and gin bottles from her lips first. Boy, there's one woman who's a real mess now.

Darryl Hannah. Hmm. Not sure how much I'd enjoy her, every time I've ever heard her talk in an interview, she just seems like a talking broomstick, with about the same IQ and personality. But you never know.

Someone else I'd enjoy seeing in the usual older female star spot would be Jane Seymour. It seems like something she'd do, and even though she hasn't been that busy professionally lately, she's still enough of a star in people's minds as many of those they've had lately, like Viveca Fox, Tia Carerre, etc. I think Jane would turn out to be a decent dancer, she just seems like it. I have no idea if she's had any dance training.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2198536;
    Cool......maybe she could pull off doing both shows....she seems "high energy".......someone needs to "hollar" at Ellen.......kaaaaa kaaaa!

Was she as nice in person as she appears on the show?
    She most certainly was. She was nice to everyone in the audience and talked to us all during the commercials too.

I think bbnabama said this on another thread with me, and it could even be in here, but I would love to see Ralph Macchio on the show
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread