+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A spinoff version I'd like to see.

A spinoff version I'd like to see.

Since a lot of stars can't make the time committment to a full season of DWTS, and the fan appeal of stars such as Jerry Springer and Master P skews the rankings compared to their talent level, I'd like to see some mini DWTS shows.
    My idea is for ABC to do crossover shows with casts of other ABC shows.
    For example, the whole DWTS crew + professional dancers invades the set of an ABC series.
    You would have only castmembers from one series at a time paired up with the pro dancers for 1 or 2 dances at a time.
    They could call it 'Dancing With the Stars of ......'.
    Fill in the blank.
    -Grey's Anatomy
    -Lost
    -Desperate Housewives
    -General Hospital
    -The Nine
    -etc.
    The ratings for the popular shows would be thru the roof, and it would be a good way to help prop up the ratings of less popular shows.

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2150162;
    Since a lot of stars can't make the time committment to a full season of DWTS, and the fan appeal of stars such as Jerry Springer and Master P skews the rankings compared to their talent level, I'd like to see some mini DWTS shows.
    My idea is for ABC to do crossover shows with casts of other ABC shows.
    For example, the whole DWTS crew + professional dancers invades the set of an ABC series.
    You would have only castmembers from one series at a time paired up with the pro dancers for 1 or 2 dances at a time.
    They could call it 'Dancing With the Stars of ......'.
    Fill in the blank.
    -Grey's Anatomy
    -Lost
    -Desperate Housewives
    -General Hospital
    -The Nine
    -etc.
    The ratings for the popular shows would be thru the roof, and it would be a good way to help prop up the ratings of less popular shows.
    Although a creative idea, I would sincerely hate to see this happen. When a show does something like this, it jumps the shark. Not only would I rarely ever watch it due to lack of interest, lots of others wouldn't either. The big appeal of DWtS isn't the celebs seen one-time, it's the long-term experience of seeing them improve over the season, so being seen in one show with some other cast would eliminate that necessary factor.

I don't want DWtS to jump the shark
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2150231;
    Although a creative idea, I would sincerely hate to see this happen. When a show does something like this, it jumps the shark. Not only would I rarely ever watch it due to lack of interest, lots of others wouldn't either. The big appeal of DWtS isn't the celebs seen one-time, it's the long-term experience of seeing them improve over the season, so being seen in one show with some other cast would eliminate that necessary factor.

I agree with that completely. I doubt I would watch any of those shows. It's not any of the particular celebrities I tune in to see - in fact, I don't usually know who at least half of them are at the start of the season.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2150231;

I agree with you Nemeses. I wouldn't want to see this either. It would get a bit old. I like to watch to see how far each contestant has come through the whole competition
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread