+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    I did not see the show, boo hoo! But, if Mario and Karina did not even congratulate Emmitt and Cheryl, that is SORE LOSER to the core. They always thought they were better than everyone else, it's nice to see the egos knocked down a peg.

puerile....my new favorite word.

Great post lambikins!

Hugs to lambikins for your two posts earlier this morning. Not often I read a post in a reality show thread that brings a tear to my eye as I read it, but those two did, because of the insight and the way you wrote what you did in those posts. Yes, I totally agree with what she said, but it's how she wrote it that was so thought-provoking for me.

to lambi
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Congrats to Emmit and Cheryl!

Mario looked like he expected to win, but .

I can't forget how Mario cheated on his wife. Not that that has anything to do with dancing, just popularity.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2144168;
    Hugs to lambikins for your two posts earlier this morning. Not often I read a post in a reality show thread that brings a tear to my eye as I read it, but those two did, because of the insight and the way you wrote what you did in those posts. Yes, I totally agree with what she said, but it's how she wrote it that was so thought-provoking for me.

to lambi

Well said. They were great posts. I'm thrilled for Emmitt and Cheryl. They worked their butts off to take it to the next level every week and it showed. His dancing improved every single week and it won over so many people along with the joy and fun he was having while doing it.

I love when he was singing along to the music. That he's having such a great time, he can't contain it

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2143869;
    I just dawned on me why I like sports better than DWTS..........It isn't always the team I like the best that wins, but the one that PLAYS the best!

Season One.....popularity vote won.
    Season Two.....Best dancer won.
    Season Three.....back to a popularity contest.

Thats 2 strikes for me.....3rd one and I'm outta here.
    I think Myrosiedog answered this quite eloquintly. Season 3 was not so much about popularity as it was about keeping to the PREMISE of the show: Celeb amatures to ballroom dancing paired with professionals. Emmit was the best of the amature dancers and we could indeed watch him grow and rise above the others. Mario, however, has danced professionally; maybe not ballroom but he danced.

As Myrosiedog pointed out, dancing is a lot more than technical excellence; it is also the emotion that is exuded by the dancers. It just wasn't there with M/K They danced rather robotically and Mario simply yearned to dance by himself and pretty much grabbed every opportunity to do so.

Emmit and Cheryl had that magical connection with the audience that kept everyone mesmorized and interested. I am a great fan of ballroom dancing and never miss a completion. The ones that win these competition are the ones who connect with the audience.

You are right that it is a popularity contest but that's just what ballroom dancing is.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2144198;
    Congrats to Emmit and Cheryl!

Mario looked like he expected to win, but .

I can't forget how Mario cheated on his wife. Not that that has anything to do with dancing, just popularity.
    Doing it before the wedding is technically not cheating on your wife cause they ain't married.

What has that got to do with a dancing competition?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Hey everyone with TIVO go back and look at the closing credits. You will clearly see Mario go over and congratulate Emmit. Yes, he did not right away but obviously he (and Karina) were in shock.

I have to say that I did not enjoy Emmit's dancing in the beginning as much as the judges. I was always waiting to see what Mario would come out with and he never disappointed me. Emmit's win had a lot to do with his partner's popularity, IMHO.

Mario (and Monique too to some extent) pushed himself to a near professional level of performance and he got beat because he didn't make the viewing audience feel all warm and fuzzy. Ridiculous!

I didn't watch the show, but I'm really glad that Emmitt and Cheryl won. Many times I caught myself smiling while I was watching them and I don't think I ever did that watching Mario, even if he was technically a better dancer. I am even more glad that E/C won after hearing that M/K didn't even congratulate them afterwards, that stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;2144228;
    ... and he got beat because he didn't make the viewing audience feel all warm and fuzzy. Ridiculous!
    Speaking only for myself, it wasn't that I got "all warm and fuzzy" from Emmit and Cheryl's performances; it was the fact that I could identify with this older, inexperienced individual who put his heart and soul into the competition, and treated his partner AND the judges requirements with respect. This was the same reason why I adored Jerry's dancing; he wasn't the best, but he sure gave it his all, and was so appreciative of the opportunity to be on the show.

I know that Emmit is famous for football wins, so as far as he's concerned, he could have given it the Master P dismissal, and rested on his prior fame. But, he didn't. He acted like an ordinary, plain man, who was in a contest and wanted to try as hard as he could, to go as far as he could. I'm sure that each week he was voted to stay, came as a complete surprise to him.

Mario however, I always felt expected to either win or come in in second place. The fact that he wouldn't even listen to his dancing partner during training says a lot of his lack of commitment and character.

The only time I'll admit to warm fuzzies is when Jerry danced the Tennessee Waltz and hugged his daughter, and when Cheryl dried her tears on the cuff of her sleeve. Now those examples.....
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fan
    I'm also glad that Emmitt and Cheryl won. I don't feel strongly that Emmitt is a better individual dancer but I do feel strongly that E and C are a better dance couple than M and K and for me it wasn't even close. I would also say that Joey and his partner were a better dance couple than M and K.

When I think back to the routines that Mario and Karina did I can remember a lot of what Mario did and very little of what Karina did. There was no balance there. It seemed to me like it was pretty much Mario doing his thing with a professional dancer teaching him the steps and then backing him up.

When I think about Emmitt and Cheryl's routines I remember a lot of what both did and I'm not sure which one I paid attention to more. The balance between the two was great. I think that's a sign of what a strong couple they were. For me, the same was true for Joey and his partner. I probably would have enjoyed a Emmitt/Joey final more because I don't think either would have had a big likability edge over the other and it might really have come down to who was the better dancer and couple without so many outside issues getting in the way. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread