+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm so happy for Emmitt and Cheryl! Woooo Hoooo! I couldn't stop grinning every time Emmitt was on the floor dancing. I enjoyed watching him as much as he enjoyed dancing. Mario is good, but he just didn't connect with me the way Emmitt did.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajefferson10;2143465;
    Karrina is a sore loser!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. Yes, they all worked their butts off BUT you could have at least congratulated them (which she did not do)

I, for one, am so thrilled an excited that Emmitt and Cheryl won. I absolutely love how Cheryl choreographs for her partner's strengths. He had the determination and work ethic, not to mention he always had fun while he was dancing. He came a long way from the first week and improved so much...
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm pleased that Emmit won. I would have been ok if Mario won, but I thought Emmit enjoyed himself more. As for popularity vs talent, I think we learned in the first season they would have to work hand-in-hand with each other. I have to say that I didn't mind Jerry Springer staying each week because he was so entertaining, but Master P staying really stuck in my craw! I never understood why any fan base would want to keep someone who was obviously so uncomfortable in the game. Anyway, on to the next season with bated breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2143554;
    I don't uderstand why so many people dislike Mario because he had previous experience. I'm sure that the producers of the show knew all their backgrounds and hired them anyway. I like Emmitt, but to me, he isn't the best dancer and the show was supposed to be about that. I don't have a problem with Marios reputation. We've had contstants on other reaity shows with questionable pasts.

Muduh, for me it wasn't only that he had prior experience. It was his general personality. He always acted (to me at least) like he was so much better than all the other contestants. He always had the smug, I'm better than you look on his face. And last night was just the topping for me when neither he nor Karina congratulated Emmitt and Cheryl. Then Karina comes off with the comment about Mario being the real winner in her eyes....WTF???
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Woohoo!!! You Can't Limit Emmitt! Way To Go Emmitt!!!

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Way to go Emmitt and Cheryl!! What a joy this season has been, watching them dance and having so much fun together
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    Karina's comment, Mario's look over at his family/friends with a shrug of his shoulders after Emmitt and Cheryl were announced as the winners, the way neither Mario or Karina even attempted to congratulate Emmitt & Cheryl, the general attitude Mario & Karina have had all season that they were so much better than the others and had the trophy won from the start, the crotch-grabbing move that Mario thought was cool because he idolizes a child-molester...

I could go on and on about the number of reasons I'm glad Emmitt & Cheryl won and so much happier that Mario and Karina LOST, but I'll try to be something Mario & Karina aren't... gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2144014;
    Muduh, for me it wasn't only that he had prior experience. It was his general personality. He always acted (to me at least) like he was so much better than all the other contestants. He always had the smug, I'm better than you look on his face. And last night was just the topping for me when neither he nor Karina congratulated Emmitt and Cheryl. Then Karina comes off with the comment about Mario being the real winner in her eyes....WTF???
    From the very first show of Mario and "dimples so deep they catch dust", I didn't care for him. I never heard of him before this show, so I had no previous positive or negative feelings for him. But, I know men like him, who rely on looks and charm to slink their way through life---it's like a Teflon-coating covers them and they can slip their way through all manner of personal responsibility.

Then, as the show continued, his chronic and continual disreguard for the rules (and shame-shame on Karina for not inforcing them! ) and his wholesale adoption of the "Bad Boy" persona, just put the last nail in his coffin for my admiring him or liking him.

There's always so much talk about how famous people have different standards that they are held up to, excusing bad behaviour because they simply have looks given to them by the genetic roll of the dice. Just because Mario has dimples, this does NOT mean he has a Get Out of Jail Card in regards to the rules. He should have received far stricter sanctions for blowing off the guidelines for the dances, two weeks in a roll.

And Karina's Sour Puss Face??? Can we say "Faith Hill" reaction, to Carrie Underwood's win?!

America voted with it's this season and I'm thrilled to pieces with the results. Carrie Ann said it best, "Emmit--you're Everyman." And it was true, for me. When I saw Emmit, who is older and bigger than Mario, improve with each and every dance AND pay attention to the rules, he had my heart and my votes. And I truly believed that he was loving the dancing as much as the competition. Mario was in it to showcase himself and his Squeeze of the Moment: Karina.

I loved how, when everyone rushed to congratulate Emmit, he went looking for Cheryl, to pull her aside and give her a BIG hug. And when Cheryl dried tears on her sweater sleeve, during the interview....

Yes, Mario was the technically better dancer. But, as others have stated, he danced professionally before the show, so he had very little room to improve. Emmit knew football. He went the whole nine yards in my heart!

Congratulations Emmit and Cheryl! Now, make another plinth in the ballroom at home for the second award!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Very well said lambikins....I couldn't agree more with you. And I was crying during Cheryl and Emmitt's segment about their partnership also. And when he hugged her and whispered something to her....OMG....big brother moment. And to see him looking for her after they were announced the winners, he just won my heart over more. He knew that if it wasn't for her and her choreography/talent/patience etc, he may not have won. And believe me, I tried not to root for him from the very beginning because he was a Dallas Cowboy and I loathe them with a passion

Thanks, combatcutie. There's a lot of great insight and comments that I could have quoted here, too!

As I walked away from my post, there was another point about Mario that ended up turning me off: His use of the "ADD/ADHD" crutch. I can not tell you how sick to death I am of how that disfuntion has been the built-in Escape Clause for so many people, nowadays.

He mentioned it no less than 3 times (and I was counting!) as his "excuse" for breaking the rules. Rubbish! Pure and simple rubbish is all I can say to that! Len said it the best, when he called Mario on it by stating that he was "...puerile", which the dictionary describes as ..."childish, immature, infantile, foolish, silly, trivial, trifling, fatuous."

Every contestant there could have had an Excuse Card for bad dances or goof-ups: Age; impending divorce; two left feet; age, again. But, they kept their traps shut and just kept dancing.

Just admit it, Mario: you think you're better than other people and don't need to follow the same rules as the professionals and contestants.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread