+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2144050;
    I'm not seeing "Mario Hate" but actually people seeing what the competition was all about and who better embodied the concept. Mario was a very confident experienced dancer on a show where the stars were supposed to be beginners and non dancers whom we could see grow for week to week. Emmit basically was the very embodiment of this and the fact that he ended up almost as good as Mario at the end speaks volumes. I believe the population figured this out and voted accordingly.
    This is exactly why I think Emmitt has more talent and voted for him. If it were just about executing moves we'd be watching "The Competitive Ballroom Dancing" competition. I don't hate Mario, I think he ended this competion at the same skill level he started with. I also think Emmitt brought more enthusiasm and enjoyment to his dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2144248;
    I to voted for the most talented and that would be Emmitt in my opinion. Am I understanding your post wrong? It sounds like your saying Emmitt only got votes because he was popular because in your opinion Mario is more talented.

A vote for Mario and your voting on talent but a vote for Emmitt and your not voting for the most talented? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know I voted for who I thought had the most talent, so did alot of people
    If you think Emmitt had the most talent than you voted correctly in my opinion.

BUT, if you reread the posts on these boards and listen to the judges comments, RARELY is talent mentioned....its always charisma, entertainment, enthusiasm, connection with the audience, etc. Plus, Emmitt supporters have mentioned that they are voting for him because he was the most improved (not the best), that he is a family man (not a "womanizer" like Mario), that he is a gentleman (not "smug" like Mario)....and the list goes on and on...

Personally, I think you should vote for who is the best dancer, not who you think is the most likeable (as appears to be the case with most Emmitt supporters), but this isn't applicable to you since you feel Emmitt IS the best dancer......You're a certainly entitled to that opinion, and voted correctly for you.....just as I voted for Mario because I believed him to be the best.

I wouldn't want to date him.....but I sure LOVE to watch him dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2145373;
    If you think Emmitt had the most talent than you voted correctly in my opinion.

BUT, if you reread the posts on these boards and listen to the judges comments, RARELY is talent mentioned....its always charisma, entertainment, enthusiasm, connection with the audience, etc. Plus, Emmitt supporters have mentioned that they are voting for him because he was the most improved (not the best), that he is a family man (not a "womanizer" like Mario), that he is a gentleman (not "smug" like Mario)....and the list goes on and on...

Personally, I think you should vote for who is the best dancer, not who you think is the most likeable (as appears to be the case with most Emmitt supporters), but this isn't applicable to you since you feel Emmitt IS the best dancer......You're a certainly entitled to that opinion, and voted correctly for you.....just as I voted for Mario because I believed him to be the best.

I wouldn't want to date him.....but I sure LOVE to watch him dance!
    Beautifully said, and I too LOVE to watch him dance.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2144225;
    Where? What productions? All I saw him in was the host over at Animal Planet?

He danced his butt off on Saved by the Bell and he did dancing in several other shows before that. He also dance on in guest spots on several shows after.

Animal Planet was one of his many post SBTB gigs, including the Male "View" talkshow he was on with Dick Clark

Yes, I know WAY too much about him. When he was on SBTB I thought he was a HUNKSIKLE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2143873;
    For instance, I personally think Karina is a witch and I adore Cheryl, BUT I have the ability to lay aside my personal thoughts, and vote for the best dancer.......which in this case, was Karina over Cherly, and Mario over Emmitt.....If it were a Ms/Mr Congeniality contest, I would have voted differently......Does that make sense???

P.S......Love the cat!!
    I have to disagree. Cheryl, I feel is the better dancer as she has twice taken a person who could not dance their way out of a paper bag and turn them into a very good dancer. It takes someone well versed in dance to be able to get that kind of results. Katrina, however, showed only frustration with Mario and basically, he ended up exactly where he started; with little to no improvement.

Through Cheryl, Emmit learned dances that takes year to master and show the potential to get near professional at it. She is a great dancer and teacher

This is what the audience saw and why they clamoured to E/C in droves. I didn't know Mario was ever married (and I was one of his biggest fans) so his indescretions did not bother me. What I voted for was the charisma between the dancers and the ease of style that they danced. Mario, though technically very good, could not muster the passion of the dance. He basically seemed to go solo in most of the numbers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Mario is from an age where guys danced alone...did not dance with females, so this was something that was a bit new for him. Mario was a "B-boy"; they guys either danced alone or in a group of other guys. I always thought that group was really missing a lot by now knowing how to dance as a partner. Mario still has a lot of that left over, and would probably prefer to dance that way today. I think that is pretty obvious in his performance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2143875;
    Too bad....it was an awesome dance to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"!
    Yes! I didn't see anyone this year I found as interesting to watch as Drew last season. And that dance truly rated the 10s (unlike most of them this year).

I have to disagree. Cheryl, I feel is the better dancer as she has twice taken a person who could not dance their way out of a paper bag and turn them into a very good dancer. It takes someone well versed in dance to be able to get that kind of results. Katrina, however, showed only frustration with Mario and basically, he ended up exactly where he started; with little to no improvement.

Thats makes Cheryl a better teacher, not necessarily a better dancer. Karina is rated #2 in the WORLD, I'm not gonna debate about her dancing ability as that has already been decided by people far more knowledgeable than me.
    Last edited by Kresge; 11-19-2006 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Forgot to highlight the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2146152;
    Yes! I didn't see anyone this year I found as interesting to watch as Drew last season. And that dance truly rated the 10s (unlike most of them this year).
    It really was incedible!!! I think that and the Paso that Karina/Mario did this season are my all time fav dances.......completely different......but both spectacular in their own way.

Mario, though technically very good, could not muster the passion of the dance. He basically seemed to go solo in most of the numbers.

Hmmmm.......It never ceases to amaze me how two people can watch the same thing and see something totally different.......I thought Mario and Karina had MORE chemistry and connection with one another (and the music) than I've seen yet on DWTS. More than once, they left me breathless!

+ Reply to Thread