+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2142294;
    I wasn't able to get through to vote by phone, and now I can't seem to make it work online either.

Anyone else have problems?
    Actually, yes, but I wasn't going to mention it because messed up lines always gets blown into a conspiracy theory when the beloved person doesn't win.......

I only got 3 votes in before I got the "Thanks for Voting/you've reached your quota" recording...

The cell was constantly busy or "call failed"......I started dialing at 8 and hit redail for 3 solid hours and only got through 2 times.

As for the internet, never could get that to work, so I gave up a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2142163;
    I'm not sure the dancing even matters...from what I can tell from reading the comments people are making, it seems that many viewers had their decision made before the program even started.
    I agree......this year in particular, it seems more like a popularity contest than a dancing contest.

Finally watched by tape early this morning. Clearly Mario is the better dancer and the judges giving Emmett 2 sets of perfects 10s was a bit of a joke, they are basically passing the buck to the voting audience and making this a popularity vote. Still if the viewing audience votes on the basis of who is the better dancer then Mario will win, his freestyle performance was outstanding.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2142401;
    I agree......this year in particular, it seems more like a popularity contest than a dancing contest.

Any vote where the public votes is a popularity contest. If they wanted it to be a dancing contest, they'd leave all of the decision making to professionals...but even that would have a certain amount of popularity voting going on.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For the past 3 weeks, I could NOT get through on Emmit's line so I decided to beat the rush and it worked like a charm. Exactly when the show was went on the air, I called Emmit's number 5 times and it was done by 7:01 pm. I already knew that no matter how well Mario danced, I was voting for my favourite Emmit, so it didn't matter how they danced. If Emmit freaked and dropped Cheryl, then my votes would have been sympathy votes.

Next year, after I determine my fave, I'm voting first thing in the show, again.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    I've not liked Mario from way back, but I have to say, his freestyle wasn't impressive at all. Timing was off between he and Karina, there wasn't that much in terms of footwork or technical moves, and it looked like a very dated dance, something from the 1980's or something, maybe a routine ML did on SBTB or something...

E/C freestyle was entertaining and the footwork he displayed was amazing! Maybe it wasn't perfect or as entertaining as the Ride a Cowboy routine of Drew & Cheryl last year, but it was the most entertaining dance I'd seen this year (other than Tucker's dance, because I still love Tucker!).

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins;2142500;
    For the past 3 weeks, I could NOT get through on Emmit's line so I decided to beat the rush and it worked like a charm. Exactly when the show was went on the air, I called Emmit's number 5 times and it was done by 7:01 pm. I already knew that no matter how well Mario danced, I was voting for my favourite Emmit, so it didn't matter how they danced. If Emmit freaked and dropped Cheryl, then my votes would have been sympathy votes.

Next year, after I determine my fave, I'm voting first thing in the show, again.
    I did the same thing last night and got through with no problems the first 10 minutes of the show. When I started trying to call later in the show it was really hard to get through. Kept getting the "your call did not go through" message. I thought they both danced to the best of their abilities last night, although E is my preferred dancer. We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2141933;
    Again, what the hell did Emmit sacrifice??????

He's not the only one to say that he has sacrificed this season or any season for that matter. And IMO he has sacrificed....time away from his family, his job etc. Just like everyone else. But again, he isn't the first one to say this and he won't be the last.

I thought they both did a great job. My personal preference is Emmitt and Cheryl. He is an everyday man that had NO dancing skills and look what he turned into. I absolutely adore Cheryl and what she brings to her partner and choreography
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

The should have had each pair do a dance, then vote. It was the same problem they had with Figure Skating. By giving Emmitt and Cheryl a prefect score right away, Mario and Karina had not chance. The 1st program was not as technical and without the degree of difficulty as the 2 pair.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmqn;2142072;
    mario and karina may have done more, but everytime emmitt and cheryl dances- I am drawn to it and have fun, I smile when emmitt and cheryl are on the dance floor
    Me too...and every one of my votes went for Emmitt and Cheryl
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread