+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Can't Touch This"?

Okay. That could be a problem. I mean, the song is trite and stupid.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2141989;
    His talk of sacrifice didn't seem like it was meant to minimize other greater sacrifices people make everyday. Its a fact. He put an effort into something, invested time and energy he could have been doing something else with, and so while it was undoubtedly a sacrifice, it was a worthwhile one. Did he say otherwise?

I think one of your big problems is that he tends to talk in athlete-speak. They always talk a certain way to describe a training regiment. Its a bit overdone, but remember that athletes have to psych themselves up sometimes.

Mario just talked about Karina "making him a better man". Can we nitpick THAT as much as Emmitt saying he "sacrificed"?
    Good point, Krom. Even though Emmitt was making a choice to do this, I'm sure it was hard for him to be away from his family. I also think that he is speaking for himself and not trying to put anyone down by saying that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Personally, I see all of this learning and rehearsing as WORK. I'm guessing it's less fun than you would think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm at this.

Drew trying to stack the deck?

Unless Mario and Karina come up with a blockbuster, I think Cheryl and Emmitt just won it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

THAT WAS AWESOMEEEE!

Better than Drew and Cheryl's last year...so much better! Gosh.. I am so proud of him and I love him!

I don't know about ballroom dancing but that was a pretty good aerobic workout.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I wasn't impressed at all.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think I see people getting tired. Between the adrenaline rush and the energy expenditure...
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread