+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mario or Emmitt

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2137284;
    EMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

Don't underestimate the female vote for him. Before playing for Dallas, Emmit set records that have yet to be broken for the Univ. of Florida. ANd Gator fans are extremely loyal and have long memories and the Gator Nation is a big one.

Helps too that Emmit was put in the Gator "hall of fame" this season. His name and Jersey number are HUGELY painted in the stadium. He only shares this distinction with 3 other players. So today in the SWAMP, his name will be seen by 90,000 rabid Gator fans who I'm sure a lot of them watch the show. Oh and that's just the live fans. Those of us watching on TV get to see it too.

So he's got the NFL and Gator fans behind him. ANd the Gator message boards are full of praise for him on Tues nights, so I know a lot of those people are voting for him.

And he's just such a geniune guy and that comes through. Mario comes across as a conceited ass.

GO EMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're not underestimating Emmitt at all.....most people seem to think he'll win (even a lot of Mario fans), for the very reason you've state.....FAN base.

BUT, this is one Gator who is voting for Mario.....I perfer talent to blind loyalty, as this is a dancing contest, not a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2135917;
    This will be a difficult decision. I won't venture to guess who I'll vote for until I see the show.

Mario = awesome technical skill and charming enough

Emmitt = enought technical skill and awesomely charming

All I know is that I really enjoy watching Emmitt more than Mario. But, if skill is the overriding factor, I have to give it to Mario.

I love the way you put this, Jexter.

For me, the scales tip in Emmitt's favor, because Cheryl seems much more likeable than Mario's partner, and I think her choreography plays better than Karina's as well.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFishFace;2137335;
    mario should win.

I hate that EVERY season of this show someone makes it do to sentimentality reasons -- it is why Stacey Keibler was eliminated last year. Ugh. Why not just have a bunch of kittens and puppies on stage if they are just going to choose the one that tugs heartstrings more.
    Emmitt's not as good technically as Mario, but he's an amazing entertainer, and he can actually dance, so I don't think it's the same thing as Jerry Rice last year.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey
    I wish I could say that I'm waiting to watch them dance before I decide who to vote for, but I've disliked Mario's attitude from about week 3 (and his partners from week 2 probably) and Emmitt has improved so much, week after week. In addition, Mario obviously has a dance background, regardless of what is said. Emmitt is a naturally graceful athlete and he's proven what this show should be about - finding people with the potential and watching them improve through hard work. Watching someone like Mario, who has not improved at all, but who had the experience coming into the competition, has been boring.

Go Emmitt!!

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFishFace;2137335;
    mario should win.

I hate that EVERY season of this show someone makes it do to sentimentality reasons -- it is why Stacey Keibler was eliminated last year. Ugh. Why not just have a bunch of kittens and puppies on stage if they are just going to choose the one that tugs heartstrings more.
    I think this was true last year when Jerry Rice was up against Drew Lachey and we all knew it should have been Stacy or even Lisa Rinna in the finals. However, this year I think the final two are the best choices for a run-off between them. The best female was definitely Willa Ford but she got eliminated too early. Monique was good, but made too many mistakes. Of the guys, I think Emmitt outshined Joey just a little bit. Joey was more versatile, but Emmitt had more charisma. I agree that Jerry Springer stayed waaaay too long and Sara Evans was the worst of the women but was very popular and would have lasted too long if she hadn't been mowed down by her personal crisis. I would prefer that they really try to find better dancers with more natural talent and stop trying to make silk purses out of obvious pig ears (like some we had on the show).

FORT Fogey
    Like it or love it, theatrics down makes or breaks a performance. Look at gymnastics and ice skating in which artistic expression counts as its own category of judging.

Monique was great, but I agree with Carrie Ann. Her face didn't match her body. It was uncomfortable watching her. Probably the only reason Joey is not in the F2 is that his body was stiff and he led with his chest - again, just like Carrie Ann said. In these respects, their artistic impression was lacking.

Don't get me wrong....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Joey and wished he were in the F2. I didn't even vote because it was too hard for me to decide, but in retrospect, I think that is why he didn't get through.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2137036;
    Well said! You made it crystal clear for me. Part of the appeal of this show is untrained people giving heart and soul to get to the end. It's not about watching established dancers dance for show. You may have determined my vote by your observation!
    Exactly. The problem I have with Mario is that he generally isn't doing ballroom dancing. He's doing music video dancing, or something close to it, in which he obviously has training. Emmit, on the other hand, is actually dancing in the ballroom style with his partner, and joyously. I'm not a football fan. I never considered voting for Jerry Rice. But Emmit and Cheryl have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;2141646;
    Exactly. The problem I have with Mario is that he generally isn't doing ballroom dancing. He's doing music video dancing, or something close to it, in which he obviously has training. Emmit, on the other hand, is actually dancing in the ballroom style with his partner, and joyously. I'm not a football fan. I never considered voting for Jerry Rice. But Emmit and Cheryl have my vote.

That is simply NOT true, perhaps a review of his dances are in order. I've been amazed at his ability to correctly execute ALL styles of ballroom.

He and Karina were scolded the 2nd week for breaking the hold and for a 5 second break on the 3rd week, but ALL the dancers were warned numerous times during this compeition, yet no one seems to recall that.

As for voting, follow you heart....

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2139719;
    I think this was true last year when Jerry Rice was up against Drew Lachey and we all knew it should have been Stacy or even Lisa Rinna in the finals. However, this year I think the final two are the best choices for a run-off between them. The best female was definitely Willa Ford but she got eliminated too early. Monique was good, but made too many mistakes. Of the guys, I think Emmitt outshined Joey just a little bit. Joey was more versatile, but Emmitt had more charisma. I agree that Jerry Springer stayed waaaay too long and Sara Evans was the worst of the women but was very popular and would have lasted too long if she hadn't been mowed down by her personal crisis. I would prefer that they really try to find better dancers with more natural talent and stop trying to make silk purses out of obvious pig ears (like some we had on the show).
    Drew was up against Stacy...Drew's freestyle was much more challenging than what Stacy and her partner performed compared to the moves she had done in previous weeks. As for Emmitt or Mario..I did not think that Mario's freestyle was that difficult compared to the moves that Emmitt and Cheryl pulled off...but the whole thing is fixed I feel. Attempting to vote for Emmitt from 8:30 to 11:10 EST and not getting thru at all smells fishy to me. Even the website was slow when voting for Emmitt.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2135864;
    Talent = Mario
    Popularity - Emmitt
    Suitability for an amateur contest = Emmitt
    Real world likability = Emmitt
    Best partner = Mario (Cheyl is far more likeable, and is indeed enormously talented, but Karina is #2 in the world... and deserves to be...)

Who will actually win? Emmitt, by a nose.

Thanks for saving me the time to think this out, as well as you did, Krom!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast