+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2134139;
    But which guy dances the best, anyone care?

Here is where it gets tricky for me! See, I do care about who dances best, but I rather vote for someone who has shown tremendous improvement throughtout the show! It's called "Dancing with the Stars"...not "Awesome Dancers Dancing with Awesome Dancers"!

The reason I vote for Emmitt is because when I first saw him, I was like no way in HELL do I think he can pull off these dance moves, but he did, and each week he got better and better. He goes out there and just, I don't know, but there something extra in what he does ! Mario, to me, just goes out there and does what he has to do and tries to do it so perfect! Sure, he is the better dancer out of the two, I'll even admit that, but for some reason, Emmitt's light just shines a little brighter for me.

I know this isn't a good explanation, but...it makes sense to me in my own little mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2134209;
    Lessons? Mario had a lot more than mere lessons. He was a working dancer as a kid, on the TV show "Kids Incorporated". That means working not only with dance teachers, but also professional choreographers.

Sure, it wasn't ballroom, but it certainly gives him advantage overall.

That said, Emmitt has a lot more natural charm than him. Mario's always looks forced.
    I know he had more than that. I am just saying it should be a level playing field. I don't think Joey McIntrye or Joey Lawerence should have been on the show either --- and they are my favs from the seasons.

If they are going to make it fair it should be people with no dance training of any kind.

Another reason why Emmitt gets my votes.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2134209;
    Lessons? Mario had a lot more than mere lessons. He was a working dancer as a kid, on the TV show "Kids Incorporated". That means working not only with dance teachers, but also professional choreographers.

Sure, it wasn't ballroom, but it certainly gives him advantage overall.

That said, Emmitt has a lot more natural charm than him. Mario's always looks forced.
    The pro contestants on SYTYCD made it clear that training in one type of dance doesn't mean you can dance another type without lots of new training. Mario has probably drawn more from his club dancing here than any long forgotten lessons he had as a kid. The dancing he did on Kids Inc gave him as much experience as someone that takes dancerize or arobics - and they wouldn't be called cheaters.

Is anyone crying FOUL about Emmitt's natural charm. Isn't that an unfair advantage on a popularity contest like this?

I agree. Some kids/young adults in the clubs dance better than dancers in classes. They just have "it". So if Mario has "it", it's not going to matter if he's trained or not.

I think both men are equally talented, and are deserving of their spot. Joey's just a hair under them, and I'm proud to have voted for him in the past and he should proud he made it that far. It'll be a great finale!

And yay, both Joeys on tour!
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the elements of the show, which I believe has been stated on air, is that the celebs have had no training prior to the show. If they don't want to stay true to that rule, that is fine by me, but they should either go one way or the other.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Monique's also had training. Stacey Keibler had training as well. I don't think the rules are that strict, just as long as you're not a professional or enrolled in continuous dance classes.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2134302;
    Monique's also had training. Stacey Keibler had training as well. I don't think the rules are that strict, just as long as you're not a professional or enrolled in continuous dance classes.
    They should make it be one way or another, as far as I am concerned, they need to level the playing field. I still think they have mentioned that in the rules, I will have a look at my tapes at some point.
    -Bono

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;2134221;
    Here is where it gets tricky for me! See, I do care about who dances best, but I rather vote for someone who has shown tremendous improvement throughtout the show! It's called "Dancing with the Stars"...not "Awesome Dancers Dancing with Awesome Dancers"!

The reason I vote for Emmitt is because when I first saw him, I was like no way in HELL do I think he can pull off these dance moves, but he did, and each week he got better and better. He goes out there and just, I don't know, but there something extra in what he does ! Mario, to me, just goes out there and does what he has to do and tries to do it so perfect! Sure, he is the better dancer out of the two, I'll even admit that, but for some reason, Emmitt's light just shines a little brighter for me.

I know this isn't a good explanation, but...it makes sense to me in my own little mind!
    I totally agree!! I couldn't have said it better...there's just something extra special about Emmitt that I can't get enough of! Mario is great, perfect, as good as a pro, but it always looks a little too perfect, ya know what I mean?
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Well, I bawled.

But I am so glad that I have those tour tickets after watching tonight. Looks like the tour is going to be lots of fun
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    The problem with the inequity in skill level is that the stars who aren't up to snuff compared to others may just say "why bother?" and give a weak performance.

It is sad to see people so hopeful lose because another contestant has had significant experience - esp. after they've worked so hard.

I've decided that my choice has to do with how many times I replay a performance. The problem is, I don't rewatch the tape until later in the evening after the phone lines close.

It seems that I always end up rewatching Emmitt's dances more than anyone elses. A Joey dance here and a Mario dance there, but I enjoy Emmitt's the most.

+ Reply to Thread