+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I am sad to see Joey gone. Watching that montage actually made me cry, but then again I cry at almost anything. I guess I just knew that someone had to go home. Ah well, I can try to see him on tour.

Did you see how good Harry Hamlin was with that jive. He actually kept up with the rest of the guys really well.

GO EMMITT AND CHERYL!!!!!!!

I'm rooting for Emmitt too...

But Cheryl's ego is pretty big already - can you imagine her cockiness if she takes TWO guys to the championship? They'd need to widen the entrances to admit her big head.

Just enjoyable-what a shame someone had to leave. I thought Joey had class and went out with class!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2134273;
    Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the elements of the show, which I believe has been stated on air, is that the celebs have had no training prior to the show. If they don't want to stay true to that rule, that is fine by me, but they should either go one way or the other.
    I'm sure they mean Ballroom dance training, since any other kind is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    The problem with the inequity in skill level is that the stars who aren't up to snuff compared to others may just say "why bother?" and give a weak performance.
    This show is a popularity contest. The judge's score may have some manipulative value, but are essentially pointless. Skill level can only be equal by saying "No prior ballroom dance experience." How good you are at the start and end of the show is based on how much time and work you are willing to put into it, how good a match your pro partner is with you and what amount of natural dance ability you have. There is no way to predetermine these factors. The size of your fan base at the start and end of the show is what determines the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Hmmm. So then if Joey hadn't shown up bald all season, let his hair grow out instead, he may not have been eliminated tonight.
    Good one! I must say the bald head did make it hard for me to make him a fave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge
    I just wish he hadn't cut his hair...its all spikey now.
    I think Maks looks great. With the shorter hair he no longer slicks it back when dancing.

How much do you people want to bet that Jerry Rice will be secretly cheering for Mario to win next week? If Emmitt wins, when Jerry only made 2nd place, he'll never hear the end of it. One of my favorite parts of this show is hearing pro athletes say how hard it is.

FORT Newbie
    I haven't had time to read all the posts so I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but yesterday when I got my TV Guide for next week it said that Mario and Emmitt were in the final. Now what I'm wondering is how could they have found that out, printed it and gotten it to my mailbox before the results show even aired. In fact they had to have printed it before any of the voting occured Tuesday night. It sounds like this whole thing was rigged and Joey never had a chance no matter how many times we voted for him.

Diva, I haven't received my TV Guide yet, but know that they had to be printed out before last night! Oooohhh....I do smell conspiracy if this is true.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2135349;
    I'm rooting for Emmitt too...

But Cheryl's ego is pretty big already - can you imagine her cockiness if she takes TWO guys to the championship? They'd need to widen the entrances to admit her big head.

How do you know about Cheryl's ego? Was there an article or something?

Hmm. I picked up a Tv Guide at the grocery tonight, I'll have to look at that. Mario, Emmitt, and Joey are on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2136135;
    Hmm. I picked up a Tv Guide at the grocery tonight, I'll have to look at that. Mario, Emmitt, and Joey are on the cover.
    I read the article and don't remember anything about Mario and Emmitt advancing to the final. That tidbit should have stood out. I think if we re-read the article we'll find it to be a big misunderstanding rather than a conpiracy.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2136731;
    I read the article and don't remember anything about Mario and Emmitt advancing to the final. That tidbit should have stood out. I think if we re-read the article we'll find it to be a big misunderstanding rather than a conpiracy.
    On page 6, "Hot List 21 Shows You've Gotta See!" under Dancing With the Stars season finale it says, "After mucho Mario and Emmitt's magical mambo, the champ waltzes off with the prize." Now were they just guessing those two would be in the final or did they have some inside scoop? Something just doesn't seem right to me about this.

+ Reply to Thread