+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I love Emmitt!! Joey's routine to Eternal Flame was beautiful, but it might be the music and that one lift at a high point in the song that swayed me more.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2132712;
    The 3-way tie just accents the fact that the judge's scores don't matter. They will put everything on the call in votes. What a cop out.
    I was thinking the same thing. I like Joey but no way did his second dance deserve a perfect score.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2132719;
    I was thinking the same thing. I like Joey but no way did his second dance deserve a perfect score.
    I was wondering about that. It all looked good, but damn if the boy didn't have to move much.

It's dances like that that really make Monique's whining understandable. The guys, for the most part, just have to stand there and support their whippersnippet female partners... whereas the female celebrities have to do some majorly, majorly tough moves!

Oops, I'm talking about his third dance which is the only one that I got to see tonight. But it still applies. Or.... were there only two dances tonight and filler made it take an hour and a half?????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Only two dances tonight : )!

FORT Fogey
    They all danced beautifully. I did not care for the MJ routine, and Mario and his partner are my least faves overall. I hope that Emmitt and Joey will be the final two as I love Emmitt, Cheryl, Joey, and Edytna. I am sick of Mario and his over the top attitude and his partner is a jerk.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'm rooting for Emmitt and Cheryl to get to the finals. Joey's last dance was fine but I don't think it deserved all 10's-It just did nothing for me. Why is Mario doing the MJ moves? Isn't the whole point to come up with new choreography rather than just copy someone's (old) moves? I felt more like I was watching an MTV video during thier latin dance rather than a competition

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2132729;
    I was wondering about that. It all looked good, but damn if the boy didn't have to move much.

It's dances like that that really make Monique's whining understandable. The guys, for the most part, just have to stand there and support their whippersnippet female partners... whereas the female celebrities have to do some majorly, majorly tough moves!

Oops, I'm talking about his third dance which is the only one that I got to see tonight. But it still applies. Or.... were there only two dances tonight and filler made it take an hour and a half?????
    I thought at the time that Joey wasn't doing a lot of moving, just supporting his partner when she came twirling by.

What a great semi-final! I don't know if I can choose between them. I guess I'd grudgingly drop Joey, because I think Mario's the most consistent, and Emmitt brings so much joy to the floor. Awww, let them all stay.

I have to say I liked Emmitt and Cheryl's first waltz much better, even thought this one was good. Their Latin dance was amazing, though.

Mario...flawless tango and funky cha cha! Hot!

Joey...beautiful quickstep and saucy rhamba. Edyta wore something good the first part of the night, but that second outfit....nope.

Great semi-final. It'll be sad whoever goes.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fogey
    I didn't even vote tonight. It was tooooo hard for me to choose between the three. They all stepped it up a huge amount for tonight's show. I was very, very impressed.

I don't think the judges copped out with the equal scores. I read where they pretty much judge based on the capacity of each performer. Mario's "10" might not be the same as Joey's "10". Given the nature of the competition - AND the fact they pit experienced dancers (Mario) against unexperienced dancers (everyone else), the competition is inherently unfair. That they judge the way they do is the only way to compensate for this disparity.

I think all 3 had 10's in thier own rights. Plus, the competition is not just about skill but performance. That was the main reason Monique got the boot - she was a good dancer but had a flat personailty on the dance floor.

So....while IMHO Mario clearly has the best technical skills. However, Emmitt and Joey have an undeniable charm that I adore. I think I copped out, but I just couldn't decide!
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-08-2006 at 12:29 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    All 30 of my votes went for Joey tonight (4 emails/2 phone lines)!! I really enjoyed all 3 dancers and thought they all did exceptionally well. It really will be sad to see any of them go tomorrow night!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread