+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of the 4, who will go home?

Out of the 4, who will go home?

11-1-2006

My prediction, it will be Mario Lopez. I got to go with my friend from poker. He said, "Mario Lopez is too professional." He wish that he wants Jerry Springer back on the dance floor.

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren;2125252;
    11-1-2006

My prediction, it will be Mario Lopez. I got to go with my friend from poker. He said, "Mario Lopez is too professional." He wish that he wants Jerry Springer back on the dance floor.
    Mario will go home......on the final night with the trophy in hand!

Monique will leave tonight.....as much as I like her, she has repeatedly been in the bottom 2, and the judges have rated her the lowest this week, so I think it will be farewell Monique.

Joey will probably be gone next week, NOT because I think Emmet is a better dancer, but because Emmet has a larger fan base.

Most likely the final 2 will be Mario and Emmet (though I think Mario and Joey should be the matchup).......of the 2, Mario is clearly the better dancer when viewed across the board (all dance styles), so I think he'll take the trophy.

In all honesty.....all the remaining couples are incredible....this was a great season of dancing talent!

I think it'll be Monique. I also think it's Louie's fault-knowing that he was choreographing difficult pieces, she was not a professional. There's ways to show off with easy choreography.

Monique

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;2125359;
    I think it'll be Monique. I also think it's Louie's fault-knowing that he was choreographing difficult pieces, she was not a professional. There's ways to show off with easy choreography.
    I agree completely. You only get points for a difficult routine if you can pull off the difficult routine. Monique is going home.

It will be Monique sorry to say. She seems to try so hard but she doesn't have the fan base that the others do. Mario is definitely the best it's hard to believe he has never danced professionally. Joey is my favorite because he has improved the most with no dance experience.

I think Monique will, also.

I also have to say that I have to agree with what the judges were telling Monique tonight -- especially what Carrie Ann said. She said Monique usually comes out each time and "kinda stomps around and is somewhat fierce", and that's almost word for word what I said to my husband about her dancing on many occasions. I can't think of a single dance of Monique's that I've enjoyed, the best I've been able to say is "hmm, that wasn't too bad".

Bless her heart, she seems to try so hard, and obviously she's got a great memory because she's able to memorize all those difficult steps and routines Louis comes up with for her. The fact that she IS able to memorize it all each week and come out and perform it is a tribute to her will power and determination. But to me, that's all it appeared to be onstage, Monique performing by memory, not by feeling and understanding it.

But Louis has given her so many steps and moves that are indeed beyond her abilities at this time that when I watch them dance, it always seems to me that he's got her looking like a pavlovian trick pony -- "Look, see the pony dance! I've trained her to do things mere mortals cannot do! I shall demonstrate!" And although everyone needs to set their bar a bit high in this show, I feel Louis did Monique a disservice by raising it TOO high and not giving her a chance to possible shine in a routine where she could be less of a marionette and more of a blossoming butterfly. As Len said, less is sometimes more.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I agree Mario is too polished. He says he's not a dancer but he clearly is. Joey and Emmitt are more fun to watch because they are out of their element.

Monique will go home tonight!

Monique (or maybe we should call her "Moaninque" based not only on the Halloween theme, but her somewhat lackluster performance in the first dance...). Short of millions of pre-teens (the audience for High School Musical even more than teens, apparently...) suddenly caring enough about something to use their parent's phones and computers, she just doesn't have the fan base, and she's the least of the remaining dancers anyway.

The shame is that I think Emmit will undeservedly be the other person in the bottom two, because football fans and the fans of this show probably don't intersect as much as fans of Mario's dimples and "Saved By The Bell", or people who watched Joey on "Gimme a Break" and "Blossom" when they were kids. He's also apparently been on the crappy UPN/CW sitcom "Half & Half" in the recent past, according to IMDB for quite a few shows.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Half&Half was a very good show and Joey Lawrence was good on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast