+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 **Show Discussion** Spoilers **

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2116767;
    Boris Diaw with the Phoenix Suns.
    He is from France.

FORT Fan
    I guess Maksim's male students are all Russian-- the girls maybe not, can't tell. If there's something in the water, or whatever it is that makes Russian men dance, they should ship it over here and prescribe it for mothers-to-be so we can raise a few male dancers over here. I swear, where I live, the male dancers of any kind of dancing at all are so thinly scattered they've been declared an endangered species.

Anyway, thank heaven Jerry is going home, so we don't have to give up on the idea that talent and skill count in this thing. I enjoyed "meeting" Jerry, but I'm happy to support him in his desire to go home and recover.

I rather enjoyed tonight's show. The filler between opening and elimination was modestly entertaining (the 'manly man' piece was cute), and the fact that it had Martina McBride as the guest singer made this show a good one.

No real surprise in who was eliminated, and either Monique or Jerry would have seemed the logical ones to go, imho. I'm no Jerry Springer fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I will admit to being entertained by him this season, and he continued entertaining all the way out the door, so kudos for a good attitude and memorable exit from the competition. I'm sure a Monique elimination (when it will inevitably come) will be forgettable by the next episode, as I've found nothing memorable about her this season.

One other thing I noted about tonight, though. When it comes to Mario, I've been rather ho-hum about him. Didn't like him, didn't hate him, tho not too thrilled with his ego and attitude. Tonight I've finally decided I don't like the kid. Watching the various filmed pieces tonight, and seeing him in unguarded moments in the background tonight when the spotlight was on others... the vibe I get from him is that he's a spoiled and insincere kid who's ego needs a good spanking and lesson in humility. And the mini-dramas between him and Karina wear me out. For example, their body language and facial expressions when Emmitt and Cheryl were being interviewed by Samantha backstage -- tho the camera was on Emmitt/Cheryl then, a couple of times it caught Mario/Karina in the background where you could see they dropped their guard and forgot to feign interest in anyone but themselves. And during Jerry/Kym's final dance when everyone went to hug Jerry and Kym, you see Mario hugging Jerry but so obviously playing to the camera as he did it, almost oblivious that Jerry was even there, just another camera opp for Mario.

I just don't believe Mario has any sincerity about him. Seems like everything he does/says is all about his ego -- like everyone else, including Karina, is nothing more than a background prop. I agree he has talent as a dancer (tho I don't think he's as good as HE thinks he is), but his talent isn't enough to make me see anything but an egotistical spoiled brat who isn't a team player. And he's not a talented enough actor to successfully carry off the few times he's pretended to care about or respect the other competitors, or his partner.

A good spanking by his momma would do him a world of good, methinks. Actually, a good spanking by MY momma would do him even more good. Anyway, that's just my humble feeling regarding Mario.

A final thought: I have been a huge fan of Martina McBride for years. I think she's got one of the best voices of any genre, and am always amazed what a huge powerful voice comes out of that tiny body. And her own songs have always been thought-provokers and carry powerful messages (Concrete Angel, Independence Day, I Have Been Blessed, etc). And she has got the most beautiful eyes! But whoever convinced her to wear what she wore tonight should be tortured and quartered. Please, everyone... know that she usually does NOT wear such horrible dresses, she usually dresses with great style and taste.

Shoot the designer!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Finally Jerry went home. It was becoming a joke to keep him any longer.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2116772;
    greenie was referring to the man in the middle of Mak's students during their routine.
    Ok.

It's hard for me to follow this thread entirely, as I don't get the show until all the other time zones have had it.

It seemed the thread was 'on' Edyta's dance at that time. My bad.

Did someone say Maks? (I keed)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2116761;
    Alec Mazo. I think he is Edyta's fiance. They also said he was the champion from season one.

I wish the two had done more of a traditional country/western dance. This show has a predominance of Russian dancers, and I'm not sure that some of the American folk stuff gets lost in the translation.

Martina might be PG, both her costumes were barrel-shaped. In any event, I liked her voice. I hadn't heard her sing before. I liked the lyrics to her first song, too. A very positive message in those.
    I liked her first song too. I am not a country music fan. Well not since around 1980. I prefer the old school country music which is why I knew that Lynn Anderson had originally sung the Rose Garden song.
    But my husband loves it and when this song started, he says: Oh this is a good song. So I'm listening to the lyrics and I said: why do you like it, it sounds like a girl song and he said:
    Because it reminds me of you and our daughter (we are both in the "age" groups mentioned in the song).
    He NEVER says anything mushy like this, so now I want to go buy her CD with this song as that is probably one of the very few romantic things he's ever said.

ANEMONE
    Will you bedazzle a hefty bag for me too for Halloween.

The Russians seem to have gotten very big into Ballroom dance at the competition level. It's not just on this show, but in competitive dancing all together.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    Oh Nemeses, I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on Mario. I'm only hoping that a miracle occurs and he gets booted very soon.

I don't like Martina McBride, although she does have a very powerful voice. But I do love the song Rose Garden. I remember as a small kid, hearing it on the radio when we were on a road trip, because my Dad listened to all the old time country stations.

I'm sorry to see Jerry go. Yeah, I know, it was probably time for him to leave, but couldn't he come back and dance with Kym every week just for our enjoyment? Now all the weight to entertain is on Emmitt and Cheryl. And no matter what, they still can't be as entertaining as Jerry was!

And I think Tucker would have been almost as entertaining as Jerry, just like Kenny would have been last season if they had been able to stick around more than one week. Producers, change the formatting so the first week no one is eliminated and we get to vote on two dances and we get a chance to see each of them twice before we send someone home!!!

I thought the voting was as it should be. Jerry, although entertaining, was the worst dancer. Who knows what next week will bring. I can't wait. I think we'll all be surprised.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2116810;
    One other thing I noted about tonight, though. When it comes to Mario, I've been rather ho-hum about him. Didn't like him, didn't hate him, tho not too thrilled with his ego and attitude. Tonight I've finally decided I don't like the kid. Watching the various filmed pieces tonight, and seeing him in unguarded moments in the background tonight when the spotlight was on others... the vibe I get from him is that he's a spoiled and insincere kid who's ego needs a good spanking and lesson in humility. And the mini-dramas between him and Karina wear me out. For example, their body language and facial expressions when Emmitt and Cheryl were being interviewed by Samantha backstage -- tho the camera was on Emmitt/Cheryl then, a couple of times it caught Mario/Karina in the background where you could see they dropped their guard and forgot to feign interest in anyone but themselves. And during Jerry/Kym's final dance when everyone went to hug Jerry and Kym, you see Mario hugging Jerry but so obviously playing to the camera as he did it, almost oblivious that Jerry was even there, just another camera opp for Mario.

I just don't believe Mario has any sincerity about him. Seems like everything he does/says is all about his ego -- like everyone else, including Karina, is nothing more than a background prop. I agree he has talent as a dancer (tho I don't think he's as good as HE thinks he is), but his talent isn't enough to make me see anything but an egotistical spoiled brat who isn't a team player. And he's not a talented enough actor to successfully carry off the few times he's pretended to care about or respect the other competitors, or his partner.

A good spanking by his momma would do him a world of good, methinks. Actually, a good spanking by MY momma would do him even more good. Anyway, that's just my humble feeling regarding Mario.
    Nemeses, I couldn't have agreed more on this part of your post. I couldn't pin point why I didn't like him, but you said it word for word. Thank you
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

i couldn't disagree with you more about mario. the majority of the people here can't stand mario for reasons mostly other than his dancing. i am judging this contest on dancing. it will get down to mario and emmitt and either one of them will be fine with me as the winner. sheerly because they are the best dancers. go figure that people would actually judge a dance contest on dancing. will wonders never cease.
    ladybugbaby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast