+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How will this week's show go? **Possible Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

How will this week's show go? **Possible Spoilers**

With the announcement that Sara has decided to pull out, ABC and the DWTS producers have been very quiet about what will happen this week. I'm sure we all feel badly for Ms. Evans' personal problems, but in keeping with the spirit of the forum, how will this impact DWTS and is there any need to watch this week?

Rumors or ideas for how it will be handled?

I think they will proceed as usual and then figure out a way to add an extra show at the end, e.g. some form of two week mega-finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2105923;
    With the announcement that Sara has decided to pull out, ABC and the DWTS producers have been very quiet about what will happen this week. I'm sure we all feel badly for Ms. Evans' personal problems, but in keeping with the spirit of the forum, how will this impact DWTS and is there any need to watch this week?

Rumors or ideas for how it will be handled?
    For me, the best solution would be to bring Willa and Max back to replace Sara and Tony . . but, she has already refused so that's out.

Next best, would be to have the show go on as planned because we all enjoy the dancing and make the eliminated ones be Sara and Tony. So what if the rest aren't really "competing" for the popular vote. They'll still be competing for the judges and the rest of us will just enjoying watching the dancing.

Last choice - cut the show one week short and make this one another elimination. Or, make this an elimination, but after the winner is chosen, make the following week an exhibition of the pros coupled off and dancing a variety of styles for entertainment purposes only. (I'd love this one and I think many of the rest of us would too.)

FORT Fogey
    I say let them all dance tonight, have the judges scores as normal, and have the public vote as normal. Tomorrow night, don't announce the results. Instead, just give Sara a nice send-off.

Then, next week, have everyone dance as normal, judges score as normal, and public votes as normal. Combine the results of the two shows, and let that determine who goes home. That way, no one is saved for no reason, the number of weeks for the show remain the same, but they're not dancing for no reason one week.

Another option would be to eliminate no-one this week, but combine the votes over two weeks, with the lowest vote getters eliminated next week.

Maybe they could do some exhibition dancing with the pros during what would be the elimination show. They could even show us what order the couples are in after the first vote.

As to whether there's a reason to watch? I watch because I enjoy it, and I've never voted anyway, so it's not an issue for me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2105940;
    I say let them all dance tonight, have the judges scores as normal, and have the public vote as normal. Tomorrow night, don't announce the results. Instead, just give Sara a nice send-off.

Then, next week, have everyone dance as normal, judges score as normal, and public votes as normal. Combine the results of the two shows, and let that determine who goes home. That way, no one is saved for no reason, the number of weeks for the show remain the same, but they're not dancing for no reason one week.

Wouldn't that mean they are dancing tonight for no reason? If it's predetermined that Sara is the one leaving, then why bother having them dance and why bother having us watch?

If I do watch tonight and they just ignore the competition tomorrow night so that they can send Sara off, even though it was predetermined before tonight's competition and before fan voting, I'm going to be done with this show forever!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2106016;
    Wouldn't that mean they are dancing tonight for no reason? If it's predetermined that Sara is the one leaving, then why bother having them dance and why bother having us watch?

If I do watch tonight and they just ignore the competition tomorrow night so that they can send Sara off, even though it was predetermined before tonight's competition and before fan voting, I'm going to be done with this show forever!
    No. They'd be dancing tonight for scoring that would be applied to next week's elimination.

+ Reply to Thread