+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan
    May the Muse of Terpsichore come in the night and do painful things to the people who voted for Sarah. Go away, Sarah! Please, please go away! I'm sure you're a lovely person and your kids miss you.

Jerry should have leapt forward, blocking Willa and Max from leaving, and insisting that he go home instead. It's the only thing that could have saved this show.

If they don't change the ratio of judge influence to popularity next time, I'm gone.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Aw c'mon guys I love me some Rod!!!!!!!!

That man is awesome for his age and he puts on a helluva concert....plus right now he's got on Taylor Hicks jacket

I will defend him to the death!!!

And I will help you. I LOVE Rod. His music helped define my teenage years and his other stuff lately (old standards) has been great too.
    Besides, Rod the Bod was once Pretty HOT STUFF himself, but everyone gets older (he's 61) and at least he hasn't resorted to plastic surgery addiction like Cher.
    He's also in the last few years had thyroid cancer and they didn't think he'd ever sing again, so I thought for all that, he's done well.
    And the clothes, come on, the shirt did need to cover up his belly, but would I expect Rod in anything but a purple velvet blazer? NO! If Steven Tyler (and he's no spring chicken either) can still wear spandex pants, then why can't Rod have his purple velvet blazer??

Go Rod, "You wear it well" --- "I love ya hon-ey!" so keep going!

Fooled around and Fell in Love was originally done in 1977 by Elvin BIshop. Rod's got a new album of old rock covers. He was on CBS Sunday Morning this week. Asked when he was going to put out an album with his own material again, he said that writing was too much like school. Besides, he's got a new blonde fiance and 1 year old child around and still manages to kick that soccer ball pretty good so I guess doing covers is fine with him. Fine with me too. I'm buying the CD this weekend.

What I think is ironic is that he is on DWTS this season and he and George Hamilton from last season, had the same wife (not at the same time). I can't remember who Alana was married to first, Rod or George, but both were married to her.

Rod is the ONLY reason I tuned into the usually boring results show. Must say was surprised to see willa and Max go. WEll at least Willa leaves with a really NICE parting gift!
    Should have been Sara or Joey.
    Loved that Jerry got the encore
    Last edited by MRD; 10-12-2006 at 07:27 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Thanks myrosiedog for helping me defend Rod...just another reason why I like you!

Alana Hamilton was married to George before she was married to Rod..and they are all buddies...as a matter of fact I remember reading once that Rod and all his kids and his exes all spent Christmas together!

I was disappointed that Willa and Max went home...but I thought they both handled it well. They seemed to look like they knew they were going home when they realized they were in the bottom 2 with Jerry...I think Willa knows its hard to compete with the "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" fanbase! I liked that Max made the comment about Willa being his favorite student!! WOO HOO!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I think I'm done for this season - I wasn't overly excited about anyone this year to begin with, and now that it's becoming so obvious that this is about how big a fan base a person has with little or no consideration being given the dancing aspect, I just don't think I can stomach watching what's shaping up to be a Jerry Springer and Sara Evans final 2. (I'm sure they're both lovely people, but let's be real here - neither of them can dance and this is supposed to be a dance competition!)

The previous seasons have been a lot of fun -- hopefully that fun will come back if the show returns for another season because it's sure not there this time around.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    What I think is ironic is that he is on DWTS this season and he and George Hamilton from last season, had the same wife (not at the same time). I can't remember who Alana was married to first, Rod or George, but both were married to her.
    Alana was married to George first. They had a son together, who later married (and divorced) Shannen Doherty. Alana had (IIRC) two children w/Rod during their marriage - one, Kim Stewart, is BFF with Paris Hilton (why do I know this stuff??).

Must say was surprised to see willa and Max go. WEll at least Willa leaves with a really NICE parting gift!
    That's true! Seriously though, I was a bit surprised as well.

FORT Fogey
    Don't hate Jerry because Willa was voted off. He even said, if you read his lips, when TB said Willa & Max were eliminated, "oh my god, that's not right!" and he went over, gave Willa a hug, with a stunned look on his face, and then started to take a couple of steps down the stairs, saying, "take me!" and Willa grabbed him and said "NO!"

Sara should definitely have gone and this show needs to be retooled so we vote for the contestant we think should be eliminated because I don't think anyone thought Willa should have been voted off before some of the others, based on her performance last week.

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to watch this show and now I watch a couple of episodes and I'm sorry I wasted my time....

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I agree with all of you about the disgust with fan voting keeping poorer dancers (yes, I'm talking about you, Sara, especially) over ones with more skill.
    It's not like we haven't had fan voting keep some of the weaker dancers around longer than they deserved, in the past (i.e. Master P) but some of those poorer dancers with big fan bases at least improved. My example would be Kelly Monico in season 1. She had a huge fan base and was not considered a very good dancer at first, but she genuinely improved and deserved to make it to the finals (although, I wasn't so sure she deserved the Big GlitterBall prize!). Just last season we had Jerry Rice make it to the final 2 with fan votes, because he clearly wasn't as good (IMO) as Stacy or even Lisa.
    The thing that irks me about Sara getting so much fan support is that she isn't even entertaining, like Jerry is. The judges, in my estimation were encouraged to go easy on her this week, because even watching her performance a second time, I cringed and shook my head thinking, this girl can NOT dance worth a darn!
    Jerry is definitely there for fan appeal, but unlike Sara, I really got a kick (as did the judges) out of his performance. He's pitiful as far as dancing and I think he may wear out his appeal within the next 2 weeks, but I'm afraid we may have Sara in the final 2 and if that's the case, I'm joining all those who are considering boycotting a Sara finale!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Fogey
    So how do you make this a fair competition? Her fan base is helping to keep Sara in long after she should have departed, but so are the judges. They get someone they like, and they give them higher marks than they probably deserve. Sara is a perfect example this week, but in the past, they've done it with others too. Mario, the week he didn't follow the rules for a second straight week, got higher marks than many of the others. And when Jerry said his dancers were all the same steps, but at different speeds, well, that sounded a lot to me like what I've been thinking about Mario and Karina. I don't like their routines, nothing original, and his posture and footwork don't seem that good to me, although he has the hip action.

So how do you balance the judges' obvious favorites with the audience's obvious favorites?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Alana was married to George first. They had a son together, who later married (and divorced) Shannen Doherty. Alana had (IIRC) two children w/Rod during their marriage - one, Kim Stewart, is BFF with Paris Hilton (why do I know this stuff??).

That's true! Seriously though, I was a bit surprised as well.

Wow, Brandy, you are just a font of information! Thanks for the updates.

And Bama, there is mutal like, anyone that has Gene Simmons as an Avatar and likes Rod Stewart is in my book.

That's interesting about ALL the exes (geez, he's had a few huh?) and kids together at Christmas. All those blondes in one place? My oh my!

Yeah, I'm sick of the voting too, but that is what keeps some of the fans tuning in is the ability to vote for their favs. But Willa over Sara? NO and I didn't even like Willa at first.
    I like Jerry and Emmit as they really seem to be enjoying themselves and it shows in their dancing. They don't act smug coughmariocough or insecure - Sara-shows in her dancing. They just look genuinely happy to be there whether they win or not. Jerry is a scream, needs to give up the trash tv and get his own variety or comedy show.

Now Emmit is definetly one of my favs for a lot of reasons and he isn't doing half bad with the dancing either.

I do not find myself warming to Mario, Joey or Monique even if they are decent dancers. The bulging veins in Joey's bald head distract me from the dancing when he's on the floor. But Willa had won me over and of course then there's Max I am sorry to see HIM go.

And of course the music SUCKS!!!! This show needs to be retooled next time around. Different way of scoring and better music. Everytime TB fawns when he introduces the band and singers I want to barf.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

And of course the music SUCKS!!!! This show needs to be retooled next time around. Different way of scoring and better music. Everytime TB fawns when he introduces the band and singers I want to barf.
    Well, it's OK. At least now we know what the band playing on the Titanic sounded like, as the ship sank.

+ Reply to Thread