+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm glad Sara is leaving, but not for the reasons she is. Her performances put me to sleep. Maybe Jerry will finally go home. I can't believe Willa went home before Jerry! That's just wrong!
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

I tried posting this yesterday, but my post got eaten.

I was the first one who thought she should have been gone long ago, and I didn't care for the Tom DeLay letter at all, either. Nor did I think Sarah could dance well. My heart does go out to her, however, as this is not a set of circumstances I'd wish upon anyone. As far as I can tell, the worst sin this woman has committed is to hold political opinions different from my own, and to have chosen a mate with some significant flaws.

But, I don't want to see them bring anyone back. Regardless of who influenced the votes for her, Sarah did win those weeks, fair and square, by the show's rules. By just having no elimination this week, and having her 'retire', the show will still be on schedule, with the right number of pairs remaining.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I tried posting this yesterday, but my post got eaten.

I was the first one who thought she should have been gone long ago, and I didn't care for the Tom DeLay letter at all, either. Nor did I think Sarah could dance well. My heart does go out to her, however, as this is not a set of circumstances I'd wish upon anyone. As far as I can tell, the worst sin this woman has committed is to hold political opinions different from my own, and to have chosen a mate with some significant flaws.

But, I don't want to see them bring anyone back. Regardless of who influenced the votes for her, Sarah did win those weeks, fair and square, by the show's rules. By just having no elimination this week, and having her 'retire', the show will still be on schedule, with the right number of pairs remaining.
    I completely agree with your post MissThing!
    I don't think they should bring anybody back (even tho I'd love to see Willa and Max back).
    I feel so sorry for Sara and all that she is going thru (and about to go thru). How tough that is if you're just a regular Joe but to have all your dirty laundry aired to millions must be even tougher-especially if there are kids involved. I wish her well in these tough times ahead!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I completely agree with your post MissThing!
    I don't think they should bring anybody back (even tho I'd love to see Willa and Max back).
    I feel so sorry for Sara and all that she is going thru (and about to go thru). How tough that is if you're just a regular Joe but to have all your dirty laundry aired to millions must be even tougher-especially if there are kids involved. I wish her well in these tough times ahead!
    While I would reluctantly agree with you, ABC can't really afford to lose viewers at this point. The voting portion of this show is what get viewers hooked. If there is no voting or elimination next week, then the show will lose viewers and ratings for that week. If that's the case, then they should bring back Willa/Maks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    While I would reluctantly agree with you, ABC can't really afford to lose viewers at this point. The voting portion of this show is what get viewers hooked. If there is no voting or elimination next week, then the show will lose viewers and ratings for that week. If that's the case, then they should bring back Willa/Maks.
    I think people will watch the Tuesday show, just to see Sara. There's something there to draw in almost everyone, either from plain curiosity or whatever instinct it is that causes people to slow down to look at accident scenes.

As for the Wednesday show, they can either run some other programming in it's place, or schedule some professional exhibitions (which most folks seem to like).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Aye, with all the competition for viewers on all the tv channels nowadays, no show can afford to lose many viewers, no matter how popular it is.

One thing that has begun to bother me about the show now is all the stuff that takes away from the only reason I tuned it at first and still continue to tune in... the dancing. I just love the dancing, no matter who the pro partner is or who the celeb is, I tune in for the joy of seeing the dances. Yes, I do enjoy some of the competitiveness, but I rarely vote or pay that much attention to the voting, to be honest.

But this season, it's like the actual emphasis on the dancing fun has been compromised by too many things... like who's dating who, is so-and-so having an intimate relationship with so-and-so, who's grandma is in the audience, who danced how much before the show, etc, etc., etc. I don't want to see ABC turn DWtS into a soap opera, I want them to keep the emphasis on the dancing and the fun on the floor. I want them to muzzle Samantha Harris or anyone else in an official capacity who makes the gossipy intimations backstage in interviews, or elsewhere on the show. If someone IS dating someone else on the show, whether it's their partner or whomever, I don't want to hear it take up time on this show. I'll tune into E! or whatever if I want to hear it. But leave this show a dancing competition/celeb show, not a soap opera. That goes for ABC, the show hosts/judges, and for the celebs themselves. The show is barely 3 seasons old, let us enjoy it's purpose a while longer.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Nemesis! WELL SAID!
    I was so confused after watching and then reading the recaps. All this talk about Mario and Karina dating. Willa and Maksim...I think I have that right. I heard the hosts and judges make some remarks and I couldn't understand what I missed. I never wath the elimination shows because I just want to see folks dance.

On the result show since the contestants are dancing 2 dances, the judges could pick 2 different dancers as the encore dances. The professionals could dance a couple of dances....heck they could even bring back someone from last season and let them dance again!!! They could have 2 singers....Carrie Ann and Artem could dance since they are now dating .........I'm sure they could find something to take up an hour....and like MissThing said, people will watch just out of curiousity regarding Sara. Her and Tony could do a really great "last" dance together.....

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Carrie Ann and Artem could dance since they are now dating
    What!!!!!!!!! She has stolen our Artem! Well, I too would like to see them dance together. It would also be funny, if the remaining contestants would be seated in the judges seats afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    What!!!!!!!!! She has stolen our Artem! Well, I too would like to see them dance together. It would also be funny, if the remaining contestants would be seated in the judges seats afterward.
    Yes dberk..its a sad day to know that Artem is off the market right now.... I posted about them dating in Artem's thread!

+ Reply to Thread