+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion ** Spoilers**

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I can see what Jluvs is saying. I would have liked her more if the judges didn't fawn all over her, like she was the greatest dancer there. She was good, but their praise was over the top, and that is a turn-off. I think they didn't do her any favors.
    I completely agree with this comment. I have nothing against any strong female personality, but I never felt Vivica's dancing was as superb as the judges wanted us to believe it was. It was the judges constant praise and drooling over her dance that turned me off from her as a contestant on this show. Has nothing to do with her personally or her career.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
    Wow. It's really amazes me just how many people are intimidated by a strong black female. What you saw as arrogance, I saw as confidence. Not many women over 40 look as good, are in as great shape or can dance as well as Vivica.
    Vivica and Monique are much better dancers than Sara and Willia in my opinion. I did agree that Viv needed to keep more femininity in her performances, but that's not who she is.
    I am certainly not intimidated by Vivica because she is strong, black, or female. I consider myself a strong female too. I have always liked Vivica Fox, until this show. Her over-the-top dramatics turned me off because I just don't like drama queens (male or female, regardless of race, ethnicity or religious/political leanings). That being said, I agree that Vivica is a better dancer than Sara or Jerry, but not nearly as good as Monique, Willa, Joey, Mario, or Emmet.

    In my opinion, the best female dancer - Monique; and best male - its a tie between Joey and Mario. I wish Emmet would kick up his performances. He has the talent, but is probably not spending enough time to get the nuances right like posture, upper body positioning, etc. right.

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,064
    Okay, that letter from Tom DeLay just did it for me. I haven't been watching this show that closely and I haven't been voting since Tucker left, but now I'm going to not only watch every week, I'm going to be voting 100% for Jerry Springer, regardless of how he dances, until Sara Evans is gone!

    To bring politics into a fluff show like this is just ridiculous!

  4. #74
    Survivor Fan Rabid Dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    Okay, that letter from Tom DeLay just did it for me. I haven't been watching this show that closely and I haven't been voting since Tucker left, but now I'm going to not only watch every week, I'm going to be voting 100% for Jerry Springer, regardless of how he dances, until Sara Evans is gone!

    To bring politics into a fluff show like this is just ridiculous!
    Jerry already has a huge fanbase so he doesn't need the votes. Willa, OTOH, needs those votes. If you're going to vote for someone 100%, at least consider voting for someone who dances better than either Sara or Jerry, yet doesn't have as big of a fanbase. Willa fits that description so why don't you vote for her instead.

  5. #75
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    Okay, that letter from Tom DeLay just did it for me. I haven't been watching this show that closely and I haven't been voting since Tucker left, but now I'm going to not only watch every week, I'm going to be voting 100% for Jerry Springer, regardless of how he dances, until Sara Evans is gone!

    To bring politics into a fluff show like this is just ridiculous!
    You can blame Sara for being a bad dancer, but not for that letter. She had nothing to do with it and mentioned that she was disappointed that politics was brought into this.

  6. #76
    Survivor Fan Rabid Dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    I guess Sara's fanbase is bigger than I thought.
    I disagree with Sara's fanbase being that big because a few individuals from the ABC board have bragged about spam-voting for Sara 1000+ votes. If Sara isn't eliminated next week, I'll be very tempted to boycott this show.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    Sara's large fan base voting for her, even though her dancing is just not that good reminds me of last season. Master P and Jerry Rice got a lot of votes even though their dancing was not the best. Master P was downright horrid and arrogantly refused to cooperate with his partner, yet he stayed long after he should have. Jerry Rice came in second coming close to winning, even though he should have been 4th or 5th.

    Fortunately, this year the weaker dancers with huge fan bases (Jerry and Sara) are nice people who are really trying to do better each week. Jerry is as charming as George Hamilton and probably a better dancer. Sara is sweet and unassuming, but lacks body awareness and coordination (kind of a female version of Harry Hamlin). HOPEFULLY - neither of them will win. But, on the plus side there are more really strong dancers than there have ever been. So, maybe they will overwhelm the voting so that the two weak ones are voted out when they should be.

  8. #78
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,461
    Maybe next season my dream will come true and they will eliminate the fan voting altogether. (as if) This will eliminate the need for a "results" show (of which I only watch the last 5 mins) and the judges can finally eliminate the fan factor from their scoring.

    Jerry needs to go, before he has a heart attack or is required to use hip action. I think he is funny and probably a nice guy, but he isn't as funny as George was last year, so that isn't a reason to keep him around.

    Sara probably notified her fan club that she was doing this show and they aren't likely to care whether she can dance well or not. They should consider that the longer she sticks around, the worse the abuse will get. She doesn't seem to have any natural ability, so I don't see her improving with time.

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
    Wow. It's really amazes me just how many people are intimidated by a strong black female. What you saw as arrogance, I saw as confidence. Not many women over 40 look as good, are in as great shape or can dance as well as Vivica.
    Vivica and Monique are much better dancers than Sara and Willia in my opinion. I did agree that Viv needed to keep more femininity in her performances, but that's not who she is.
    Personally, I'm not intimidated by a strong woman, regardless of race or anything else. Vivica didn't come across to me as "strong," more like arrogant and egotistical, and not nearly as great a dancer as the judges seemed to think. I have nothing more to base that opinion on than what I've seen in this show, because I had no idea who she was prior to it.

    IMO, Monique is one of the best dancers, and she has a very nice personality to go with it. Her being the bottom 2 was unbelievable to me. I would have put Sara there with Vivica.

  10. #80
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
    Wow. It's really amazes me just how many people are intimidated by a strong black female. What you saw as arrogance, I saw as confidence. Not many women over 40 look as good, are in as great shape or can dance as well as Vivica.
    WOW... talk about completely making this into something it isn't. What a shame.

    I dislike Vivica because she's Vivica, not because she's a strong black female. I dislike Vivica because every time I have seen her over the last 4-5 years she has been nothing but rude and condescending, even to her supposed friends (Star.) I think she's a crappy actress. Sure, she's confident, but she appears to not know the meaning or concept of humility to pair with that confidence and that pushes her over the edge into full on arrogance.

    She's in shape, yes, but that doesn't give her a free pass.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.