+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Elimination Show **Spoilers**

Totally off topic here but all I can think of is Master P got 25K to do what he did?!!

Quote Originally Posted by laura302 View Post
    Totally off topic here but all I can think of is Master P got 25K to do what he did?!!
    per week, even.

From what I've read, each celeb is paid differently. And unfortunately, (though this is yet to be confirmed...) it doesn't necessarily go to charity.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    From what I've read, each celeb is paid differently. And unfortunately, (though this is yet to be confirmed...) it doesn't necessarily go to charity.
    Wonder why each celeb is paid differently??? What determines it?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Poor Ashley. She was so emotional. Unfortunately she got stuck with someone that is as popular as others.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I don't get why the paso entertainment dance included lifts! And than when they were recapping previous episodes, other dancers did lifts. So what why all of a sudden can't do they lifts? Is that the new rule from this week forward?
    When the pros are dancing with pros, they can do all the lifts they want. The rule is no lifts with the celebrities during the judging. It's been the rule starting with season 2 (because of some flak they got from season 1, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
    Scissors Sisters...and that other group that looked like a choir...where do they find these people, and how do they fit with the anticipated viewing audience?
    I don't think I'll be buying any of their CD's :-)
    Those Scissor Sisters they can keep, but the tenor and choir were awesome. I've always loved that song.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Whew! My honey, Emmett is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    If they are paid $25k per week, that should stop when they are eliminated. That would explain the different amounts. Someone like Jerry who must be worth a fortune can afford to turn his pay check (chump change to him) over to a charity, but I've never heard of Willa so she probably needs the money. ABC should give a large separate amount to the winner's charity.

The judges should have set criteria based on what the dance should be while making allowances for the non-professionals lack of ability. They make it too subjective and their personal bias is quick to take over when they should be objective. Manipulating their scores to compensate for expected audience votes is just wrong and makes them worthless.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2085464;
    Sorry, but what difference does it make if it goes to charity? This is a gig for them. Jennifer Aniston didn't give her Friends salary each week to charity. Right now Dancing With the Stars is how a lot of these guys are making their living. They should be entitled to do with it as they please.

What I would propose is a prize at the end that would be donated to the charity of the winners' choice. That's how they did Celebrity Duets. They paid the celebrities per appearance, but in the end, they got a prize for charity if they won. To me, that's a good balance.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast