+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm not surprised that Tucker ended up in the bottom and was the first one booted. However, I'm surprised that Willa, not Shanna, was in the bottom two. Willa danced better than Shanna did, yet she got less votes. What is up with that?! That's not right! I don't like Shanna at all and if there is a female contestant I want gone first, then that person is Shanna. Willa may not be the best dancer so far (that honor goes to both Smith and Lopez), but at least I would like to see her last longer than that former beauty queen Shanna. Besides, I think Willa is easier on the eyes than Shanna so I won't be happy if Willa is eliminated before Shanna.

FORT Regular
    The voting is so completely stupid. It allows the more "popular" celebrity to stay longer than maybe one that is a better dancer but not as popular. I wish they would have the bottom two couples (from the judges marks) as the ones you could vote for. That at least would give us a chance to see really good dancers stay in. Or maybe similar to how they voted and judged on So You Think You Can Dance.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I vote online. I suppose I could try to vote by phone, as well, but I figure I'll stick with the easiest one.

This year, you can vote multiple times online (as many as each phone number is allowed). I believe that's a change from last season, but I've honestly forgotten.

Also, if you vote online, you can vote quite a bit later. I didn't vote until yesterday about noon (EST).
    I feel like a AI teenybopper fan because I actually voted both online and by phone. I had to wait until about a half hour after the show and then I got through on most lines (including once for Jerry). It was easier online though.
    And I agree with everyone that the mystery dancer is Donnie O. (that's who I voted for).
    I'm in favor of a half hour results show with the one dancer's encore performance and the pros showing us how to really do the dances for the following week AND gagging Tom Bergeron every time he tried to make some lame Springer joke or gushes about that not so wonderful band and singers! I rewatched the first show last night and was cringing at several off key notes one of the women singers croaked out during one of the dances. Several months of these singers would be enough to mute my set, except I like to listen to the beat of the music during the dance!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I don't think it's only a celeb's popularity (fan vote) that is factored in at this point. I forget which point in the season they stop factoring half and half between judges' scores and the audience vote, but for now (all producer's capabilities and finagling aside) how they dance does actually affect who stays in the competition. Take that with a grain of salt, of course, but for a few weeks at least, they do give the illusion that if you dance well, you could probably stay for a few weeks, based on the judges leaderboard.

The right person went home last night, and I was amazed that Jerry and Sara were safe, while Willa and Shanna were at risk. Not that I thought they were very good, but quite a bit better than the aforementioned "dancers".

I also was thinking the "Mystery Dancer" was Donny Osmond. And I loved the professional dancers' Mambo. I did not watch the Tom Jones filler, though. I was flipping to RockStar even though I was TIVO-ing it.

An hour is definitely too long for the results show... They could easily fit a recap opening, an encore, the reading of the bottom 3, judges commentary, the reveal of the loser, the subsequent final dance and the requisite amount of commercials into a nice, tidy half-hour package.
    Could does not mean should

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    the mystery dancer was DEFINITELY donny. i'd know that man anywhere.

I can't believe that the fan voting feature is what draws viewers to this show. They should ditch it completely or at least (per pixie) only allow the judge's bottom 2 or 3 to be victimized by the voters.

I must say that I've never stopped loving Donny Osmond! He's still good looking and I love to hear him sing. Maybe he'll show up on Celeb Duets.

FORT Fogey
    I posted this suggestion on Tucker's page too, but I think there should be two nights of competition, with judges and fans voting both nights, before the first elimination. Tucker would have done a great job on a different style of dance, I bet. Plus, I hate all this bashing him for sitting in the chair for half the dance when it's the "professionals" who choreograph the dance, Tucker was just doing what his partner told him to do. She should not be invited back for the next season. And please don't say she choreographed the dance that way because Tucker couldn't dance because it's apparent that right after they meet, they begin dancing so they dances are pretty much choreographed before the pros meet their partners.

Oh well, I guess I have more time to read now...

As I said somewhere else, I would like to see everyone get to stay around for the first two or three weeks. It hardly seems fair to send someone packing when they've only done one appearance. Maybe the next dance or two would be the one to really put them in the running. It's like you never got to know them, but they're gone.

I can't help feeling sorry for them too, Muduh. And I mean, Harry Hamlin looks so nervous. Relax, Harry!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I can't believe that the fan voting feature is what draws viewers to this show. They should ditch it completely or at least (per pixie) only allow the judge's bottom 2 or 3 to be victimized by the voters.
    I only saw the last few episodes of the first season, but I think they gave the judge's scores more weight in that one and got a lot of flak because the "fan favorite" didn't win. So they changed it to 50 - 50 the next season.

Really, the purpose of these shows is to entertain, and I guess if people feel they have a say in who stays or who goes, they enjoy it more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast