+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monique Coleman & Louis Van Amstel - Season 3

Monique Coleman & Louis Van Amstel - Season 3

MONIQUE COLEMAN Actress and teen idol from Disney Channel's smash hit High School Musical. She will be partnered with professional dancer Louis Van Amstel, who returns for his third season. Van Amstel danced with Lisa Rinna and Trista Sutter in previous seasons.

Okay. Is she the "ringer" they tend to bring in every year who is actually already a dancer? I mean she was in a MUSICAL where she had to audition against hundreds of other girls based on her ability to dance, right?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If I remember right, she said she's had some training (I think it was hip hop), but she's definitely not as seasoned as Mario. She may be a pleasant surprise, but I don't think she'll get as far as Stacy or Lisa.

She seems to be fulfilling the teen/tween demographic(a la Master P).
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

She must pretty small in stature because Louis is the shortest male pro (and the best in my estimation). He had bad luck the first year with Trista (who didn't want him to get too touchy/feely with her and very good luck with Lisa Rinna last year. I think he is my favorite of the professionals and wish him luck this year. I'd like to see him and his partner win it this year.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm a big fan of Louis's so I hope she does really well because I want to see him for a long time on the show!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I don't know if any of you are familiar with a stupid show called "Flavor of Love" (VH-1?), but this lady looks like she could be a better-looking, close relative to a woman called "New York" on that show.

The good part is that I'm sure she (Monique) has a lot more class.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    These 2 are fantastic! I have high hopes for them!

She is definitely the best of the women and Louis is, as always, wonderful! Their chemistry has developed and they look good together. But, Louis is just a little too touchy feely with his partners and should watch it. Trista got upset by it, Lisa didn't mind at all, but this girl makes a face whenever he kisses her hair or cheek. I know European men tend to be more affectionate than Americans with women acquaintences, but it can be annoying to some women. I notice the two Russian men don't do that so much, probably because they have been raised in the U.S. since their early teens. I hope his tendency to do that doesn't put her off and they lose their chemistry. They are GOOD!

Louis is my favorite!

I think Louis and Monique will hang in there. I'd like to see them get as far as he did with Lisa last year and really, I'd LOVE to see them surprise us all and take the trophy!

His move this week where he put his leg up and she ducked out from under him was amazing! He is so limber! It was so fast that I didn't realize that was his leg until some friends and I watched it again and she caught it.

They were definitely more in sync and had the chemistry going this week.
    His hands were very bold when the judges were scoring them, but it was very sexy! I couldn't read her face, but I think she was wondering in a good way. I know I would have been!

Here's rooting for Louis and Monique!!

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Monique is a Disney Channel girl, so I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. Most Disney kids (Ashley Tisdale for instance) do nothing but smile and laugh, and when asked a question they always respond in the same way, "It was a perfect experience, I loved it!"
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast