+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Willa Ford & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I think that would bring in a lot of viewers, add some drama to the show, etc. I think the couple had a lot of fans (not sure what happened w/the voting). But, somehow I doubt they will do that. It might seem unfair to the other dancers and there might be contractual issues, etc. It would probably be easier for the show to just skip voting someone else off for one week, and let Sara/Tony go home. It's a shame, though, really. Willa/Maks were just starting to really click on stage.
    If there is no actual elimination next week, then that week will be with way less viewers than the previous week. Not too many people are going to watch a certain week of dancing when there's no elimination to look forward to. If ABC really wanted to maintain their ratings, then they would bring back Willa/Maks.

Quote Originally Posted by laura11383 View Post
    Do you think they'll bring Willa and Maksim back since Sara quit?

Willa and Maks are my favorite. Won't miss Sara at all but apparently she has a huge fan base. DWS is one of my favorite shows but it's starting to look like a popularity contest instead of a dance competition. I'm losing interest fast. I get the feeling ABC came up with the romance thingie between dance instructor and star. Seems Mario/Katrina and Willa/Maksim were ABC's pick for romance they needed two couples in case one of them got voted off. Mario comes across as being nonchalant about his role but Katrina is trying to play it for all it's worth. I'll have to admit the romance touch has added a small amount of interest as did Jerry's reason for being on show. Go figure! I'd like to see Willa and Maksim back both are great dancers.

I saw them on Regis and Kelly and couldn't believe how cute Mak looked dancing in jeans instead of a dance costume! He is always hot on the show but was incredibly sexy in casual attire!

I missed that one, Minney. Thanks for describing the appearance.

I did see them on GMA and on Jimmy Kimmel Live, though. Both times, Maks seemed sleepy and didn't speak much if at all. He griped a bit about the early hour on GMA - and well, he was sat in the audience for Kimmel's show, so he didn't really get much chance to speak. I think the pair had some of the bestest charisma on the show.

I saw them on Regis & Kelly also. They were both smiling and seemed to be in a happy mood. Kelly mentioned something about petitioning them to come back to DWTS but Willa said "No.. America voted and we have to respect what America wants." But I really do wish they could come back. I looked forward to seeing them dance every week.

FORT Fogey
    Yawn fest. Nice people, but for my taste, they did not pique my interest.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Well, if they were a couple, they're not anymore:

Willa Ford Engaged to NHL Player
    DECEMBER 01, 2006

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment...01/230970.html

Mike Medano is fine, but I hear he's a real jerk.

Interesting to see that both W&M dropped off the tour. I think personal reasons was really a broken heart.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Willa Ford & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 3

Link Here

Report: Willa Ford Will Play Anna Nicole
    Published: 4/11/07, 12:25 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Willa Ford will play Anna Nicole Smith in an independent movie that begins shooting next week, Daily Variety reported Wednesday.

Ford, 26, is best known for her hit single "I Wanna Be Bad," from her 2001 album, "Willa Was Here." Like Smith, she was a Playboy model.

Smith, 39, died in February from a mix of prescription drugs, leaving behind a baby daughter and a possible fortune from her marriage to the late J. Howard Marshall II, the Texas oil tycoon. A court in the Bahamas announced Tuesday that DNA tests proved former boyfriend Larry Birkhead was the baby's father.

The previously announced independent movie "Anna Nicole" will cover her life from age 17 to her death.

A call by The Associated Press to a representative for Ford wasn't immediately returned Wednesday.

Ford, whose real name is Amanda Lee Williford, appeared as a "celebrity dancer" last year on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" and has hosted several reality television shows.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I don't see the resemblence

Kristy Swanson is playing someone similar to ANS on a Law & Order episode and she looks like her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Singer-actress Willa Ford married longtime beau and Dallas Stars hockey player Mike Modano in Athens, Texas on Saturday, her manager tells PEOPLE.

The 26-year-old Ford, who competed in season three of Dancing with the Stars, exchanged vows with Modano, 37, in an early evening ceremony held at a private ranch in front of 75 guests.

The bride wore a wedding gown she designed herself.

The couple had an on-and-off relationship for more than four years before getting engaged in Dallas over the 2006 Thanksgiving holiday. At the time, Ford told PEOPLE her fiance was "calm, cool, collected and very focused. He grounds me."

This is the first marriage for both.

Ever since Dancing, Ford has been busy working on reviving her music career and expanding her acting chops. She landed the lead role of Anna Nicole Smith in a biopic filmed earlier this year. Last week she wrapped Impulse, an independent thriller that filmed in Vancouver.

Ford and Modano bought a home in the Dallas area earlier this year and hope to start a family soon.

"I'm really one of those old-fashioned Southern girls who wants to get married, have a little time as newlyweds and then have babies," Ford said.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Bummer. He's way too classy for her.....or apparently not

So I guess her little fling with Maks was during one of their "off again" times.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast