+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Willa Ford & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 3

Welcome to FORT, Henny.

Probably already been discussed, but this shouldn't be a popularity contest. I think Sara Evans fans are voting for her right and left and keeping her on the show. She is a good singer, but is out of her league (as Springer is) on Dancing with the Stars.

Willa and Mak should not have been eliminated this early.

There is a one-page article in InTouch 'magazine' about Willa and her dog.
    Last edited by Brandy; 10-12-2006 at 05:47 PM.

I was very disappointed that these two got eliminated so early. I think we can all agree that Sara Evans and Jerry Springer should have been gone by now. I would hate to see Sara win it (I doubt that Jerry would), but Sara is definitely a possibility given her humongous fan base. If she were a better dancer, I wouldn't mind . . but in comparison to the others (besides Jerry) she is awful. It would be a shame if she won it and it would make this show a real farce.

Willa and Max: It appears that everyone on the show thinks these two have something going on beyond the dancing partnership. When directly asked, they say no; but they didn't deny it when it was implied by the emcees on the show. She said she had a boyfriend at the beginning of the season, but that was before her relationship with Max (whatever it is) really began. They sure act like a couple to me who are trying really hard to keep their hands off each other in public. The current denials may be because she hasn't yet broken up with the boyfriend, or it is a very new tenuous romance and they are afraid of screwing it up by getting too much attention.

FORT Regular

1st + 7th = 7th ???

This is one show that could never publish the voting results. To say the vote is 50/50 between the judges and home voters and then have someone go from first to last after the home vote, stretches any sense of credibility this show maight have had.

Do you think they'll bring Willa and Maksim back since Sara quit?

Quote Originally Posted by SRG_SSI View Post
    This is one show that could never publish the voting results. To say the vote is 50/50 between the judges and home voters and then have someone go from first to last after the home vote, stretches any sense of credibility this show maight have had.
    By sending the couples off with ties for first and last, the judges basically gave up and allowed the viewer votes to decide. There were only 14 possible combinations. My guess is that the "last" teams were credited as 2s, not 7s.

Quote Originally Posted by laura11383 View Post
    I hope so because it was unfair that the voters who were voting by phone were cut off and that Willa's elimination seemed to be rather shady. If ABC knows what is good for their ratings, then they will bring Willa/Maks back!

Well DWTS brings in a lot of revenue for ABC. And money talks. They have already committed to x number of shows. They wouldn't want to lose the money from cutting the series short. Their only choice is to extend the show by one ep without Willa and Max, I suppose that would entail the final pair of dancers dancing over a two-week period.

Or commit to the original format and ask Willa and Maks to dance in Sara and Tony's spot. Hopefully this has already happened (telling Willa and Maks to start practicing again), because otherwise they'll be a couple days behind the rest of the teams preparing for the next show.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Quote Originally Posted by laura11383 View Post
    I think that would bring in a lot of viewers, add some drama to the show, etc. I think the couple had a lot of fans (not sure what happened w/the voting). But, somehow I doubt they will do that. It might seem unfair to the other dancers and there might be contractual issues, etc. It would probably be easier for the show to just skip voting someone else off for one week, and let Sara/Tony go home. It's a shame, though, really. Willa/Maks were just starting to really click on stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast