+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke - Season 3

I don't know if anyone watched SHOW ME THE MONEY, after the show, but one of the winning questions had "Emmit Smith" as the answer.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    All of my votes went to them as well. They bring a smile to my face each and every time they dance. They connect with their audience as well as with one another. *fingers crossed that they pulled it off*
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I was only able to get three votes in...line was busy!!!!
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

Snoozin' on the beach
    All my votes went to Emmitt. I missed last night's finale but I have seen enough of all of them over the week that the decision was made-one more episode wasn't changing the outcome.

He's improved so much and on a consistant basis, he's really come a long way and it shows. He shows a real joy when doing this and I love watching him dance. He's the only celebrity on this show that when I watch dance, makes me want to take dance lessons. Go Emiitt!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    It is amazing that that big football player can move like that...and enjoys it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations Emmitt and Cheryl.

They worked hard and it paid off. Cheryl knows how to bring her partner's strengths into the choreography. They enjoyed themselves and connected with each other, the music, and the audience. They were a true joy to watch each and every week
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2144049;
    Congratulations Emmitt and Cheryl.

They worked hard and it paid off. Cheryl knows how to bring her partner's strengths into the choreography. They enjoyed themselves and connected with each other, the music, and the audience. They were a true joy to watch each and every week
    Cheryl sure does know how to capitalize on a partner's strengths and that's the mark of a good instructor/business person. You look for what WORKS and build on that.

Plus, Cheryl apparently can read the rules of the competition and teaches them to her partner so that they don't get lamblasted by the judges, two shows in a row.

I'm so proud of Emmit and Cheryl!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Emmitt came the longest way in this competition.....from football to ballroom dancing! Pretty much opposite ends of the scale. He and Cheryl deserved this win.

Mario was good, but this is not so much a stretch for him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2144185;
    Emmitt came the longest way in this competition.....from football to ballroom dancing! Pretty much opposite ends of the scale. He and Cheryl deserved this win.

Mario was good, but this is not so much a stretch for him.
    I agree on both counts, prhoshay: Mario was already a dancer but Emmit had the longest distance to travel, to receive the award.

I don't follow any sport, whatsoever, so I can't remember the sport dude from last season. But, I thought, dumbly, that "if you're good at sports, you'd be good at dancing," but I was proven wrong. The fact that Emmit was SO good is a testament to Cheryl's teachings, Emmit's commitment, and his TALENT at being able to be good at several different things. That's a rare quality and should be applauded. Their trophy does just that.

FORT Fogey
    I think that if Cheryl manages to win with one more celebrity, she should be promoted to a judge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast