+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke - Season 3

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2115526;
    I am loving me some Emmitt and Cheryl. He goes out there, has fun, and puts on a great show for us. Her choreography is FANTASTIC, not to mention the chose of outfits really fits the dance. I really hope he makes it to the final 2 with him winning
    I decided last night that, based on what we've seen so far, Emmitt deserves to win.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2115544;
    I decided last night that, based on what we've seen so far, Emmitt deserves to win.

Me too. He is taking this competition seriously, but having a good time while doing it. Plus his work ethic is amazing. He gives it his all each and every time.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2115544;

Ditto. He really impresses me more than any of the others. Dances like the waltz or foxtrot aren't really his bag but he really excels at the faster fun ones like Jive, Samba and Mambo. He dances great, has fun and is very likeable too boot

I, too, adore Emmitt! I just love watching the sheer joy and enthusiasm on his face when he dances. It's so infectious!

Can you imagine the ribbing his teammates will give him if he wins? He is just so cute. Heh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Still haven't gotten a chance to see all of Tuesday's show, but the clips I've seen of Emmitt and Cheryl's Mambo tonight, are amazing. He did a great job.

FORT Fogey
    I hope Mario, Emmitt, and Joey make F3. My heart is with Emmitt, but despite last night's superb performances, I still think Mario deserves the win. He is - as the judges have said on many occassions - is at the standards of the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2116876;
    I hope Mario, Emmitt, and Joey make F3. My heart is with Emmitt, but despite last night's superb performances, I still think Mario deserves the win. He is - as the judges have said on many occassions - is at the standards of the pros.
    Mario is hardly at the standard of the pros.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2117382;
    Mario is hardly at the standard of the pros.
    Well, that's what I heard a judge say more than once (I belive Cariann and Len).

I read somewhere that his professional goal in his younger years was to be a professional dancer and that he has quite a bit of experience.

As Len says, "For me..." Emmitt is by far the most charming (and a great dancer) but Mario is a better dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2118289;
    Well, that's what I heard a judge say more than once (I belive Cariann and Len).

I read somewhere that his professional goal in his younger years was to be a professional dancer and that he has quite a bit of experience.

As Len says, "For me..." Emmitt is by far the most charming (and a great dancer) but Mario is a better dancer.
    I'm not saying he isn't a good dancer, but he's not at pro level regardless of what Carrie Ann says (I've never heard Len say it - not saying he didn't - I just don't remember). I think Carrie Ann is distracted by his dimples The fact that he's had experience doesn't make him a pro. Those guys put in years and years of training and practice, and you can see the difference when you watch them dancing on the elimination show. Mario will never be a pro if he isn't willing to put in the time to practice (as he always seems to be whining about).

Emmitt is fun to watch and a pretty good dancer. Yes, Mario is better, but I would rather watch Emmitt, and I hope he's around at least until the final two.

I agree with combatcutie - Emmitt is fun to watch dance, but its Cheryl who puts it all together. She has a knack for making her partner feel comfortable, it seems, and her choreography allows her partners to still feel manly (for lack of a bettter word) while doing this.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast