+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Harris out, Lisa Rinna in?!

Samantha Harris out, Lisa Rinna in?!

Saw the following on Page Six this morning.

LISA Rinna may not have won "Dancing With the Stars," but she got something better out of the cheese-tastic show: a job. Sources on the Los Angeles set say Samantha Harris - known mostly for her work with E! - is being booted for pillow-lipped Rinna, who will host the next season with Tom Bergeron. But don't feel too bad for Harris - we hear she may find a steady job as an entertainment correspondent on "Good Morning America," as anchor Diane Sawyer is said to have taken a shine to the brunette reporter.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/62543.htm

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by -danielle- View Post
    Saw the following on Page Six this morning.

LISA Rinna may not have won "Dancing With the Stars," but she got something better out of the cheese-tastic show: a job. Sources on the Los Angeles set say Samantha Harris - known mostly for her work with E! - is being booted for pillow-lipped Rinna, who will host the next season with Tom Bergeron. But don't feel too bad for Harris - we hear she may find a steady job as an entertainment correspondent on "Good Morning America," as anchor Diane Sawyer is said to have taken a shine to the brunette reporter.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/62543.htm
    Perfect choice!!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ha! I certainly never called Rinna, but I recall making some fairly sarcastic comments that they'd trade up to another co-host AGAIN next season.

The interesting choice with Rinna is that she's more of an equal name (heck, probably a superior name) to pumped-up gameshow host Bergeron. They can't just ditch her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I may not be Lisa's biggest fan, but she would be a huge improvement over Samantha. Lisa would at least add some personality to the show.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I have is a question. Who will filled in Lisa Rinna's job on Soap Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren View Post
    I have is a question. Who will filled in Lisa Rinna's job on Soap Talk?
    My guess is that Lisa would continue to stay at Soap Talk, just as she did through this season of DWTS.

If this is true, good choice. I just don't like Samantha that much, I don't know why.... I just don't.

On Access Hollywood or Extra, Lisa Rinna hinted that her husband, Harry Hamlin, got "the bug" and was likely to be in the competition next time around--wouldn't her being a co-host be, I don't know, awkward or some kind of conflict of interest or something?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    On Access Hollywood or Extra, Lisa Rinna hinted that her husband, Harry Hamlin, got "the bug" and was likely to be in the competition next time around--wouldn't her being a co-host be, I don't know, awkward or some kind of conflict of interest or something?
    Hmmm. Probably technically--if this show were totally fair and objectivity really mattered , but it's not like she's a judge. Although, I suspect he would get some very friendly interview segments.

ETA: I had the strangest reaction when I saw the name of this thread. I never paid much attention to the name of the co-host(ess), so I didn't know it referred to her at first. Hence, my initial reaction was wondering how Lisa Rinna was going to replace a TV character that doesn't exist anymore except in reruns. Isn't Samantha Harris the name of Kim Catrall's character on Sex in the City?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Lisa reported on Access Hollywood tonight that this rumor was not true... she will not be the next host.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Lisa reported on Access Hollywood tonight that this rumor was not true... she will not be the next host.
    That's a shame. I may shudder every time I look at her, but Lisa had more personality in her left kneecap than that anorexic Barbie doll had in her entire body. Plus, her slightly crossed eyes and awful 70's hair are almost as bad as Lisa's overly-plumped lips.

As long as we see the back of Samantha Harris (oh please, for pity's sake, not literally! Spare us that image!), I'll be happy. But I'd enjoy seeing Lisa again.

Tay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast