+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

AI Warrior Princess dchambers59's Avatar

Help, Please!

Sadly, I have nothing on which to base any kind of response. My guide channel for my cable company said that the show went from 8-9, not 8-10, so I only recorded the first hour, which was so much garbage . I started watching, and had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that only got worse as time passed and we still had seen no new dancing, just filler.

So, my question is....

Can anyone help? I'd love to be able to actually see the performances, even though it's too late to actually vote. Both my email and IM info is in my profile - thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by dchambers59 View Post
    Sadly, I have nothing on which to base any kind of response. My guide channel for my cable company said that the show went from 8-9, not 8-10, so I only recorded the first hour, which was so much garbage . I started watching, and had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that only got worse as time passed and we still had seen no new dancing, just filler.

So, my question is....

Can anyone help? I'd love to be able to actually see the performances, even though it's too late to actually vote. Both my email and IM info is in my profile - thanks!!
    There is a link of Drew's freestyle performance. I will see if I can find it. It is not the best quality but you can see it.

Here is the link to Drew's performance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXNGYMgKw...=Drew%20Lachey

Bummer. Just tried to watch it and it is not working. It was working last night. Sorry.

Here this one works. I did a search on the website:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXNGYMgKw...=drew%20lachey

It is wierd. The website address of the two looks the same but only the second one works for me. Anyway, I'm sorry I do not have Stacy's freestyle.
    Last edited by my3boyz; 02-25-2006 at 03:05 PM.

AI Warrior Princess dchambers59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Here this one works. I did a search on the website:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXNGYMgKw...=drew%20lachey

It is wierd. The website address of the two looks the same but only the second one works for me. Anyway, I'm sorry I do not have Stacy's freestyle.
    Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    Do they win any money for charity?
    I haven't heard that mentioned. I think if they are doing this for nothing-except publicity-that's okay too. I think when celebrities participate in a show they need to donate winnings.
    As I understand it, each celebrity is paid a lump sum for participating, and of course, the Screen Actor's Guild union rules might stipulate that they receive at least the scale minimum for each week they actually perform.

But appearing and performing on television is what most of these folks do FOR A LIVING. Why on earth would they be forced to give their money away?

When shows like "Jeopardy" or "Wheel of Fortune" have celebrity performers, the gimmick for the show is that these rich folks will play for a favorite charity, but they are still paid a base scale for their appearance.

I have no problem with these C and D list celebrities getting a good paycheck for their efforts. After all, they seem to be practicing for many hours every day for weeks and weeks. They've still got to pay their bills.

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren View Post
    I voted Stacy five times already. Last night was Awsome!! I hope my five time vote for Stacy Keibler works out on Sunday. I like when Drew and Cheryl dressed up in Country Western style, and its about time they wear a country western outfit, they dressed sharp. Without the cowboy boots it would've been boring for me and I would've stop watching DWTS forever. But other than that, it was an AWSOME show. It's good to dressed something different for the freestyle dance. Otherwise it would've been a boring show. Hey you gotta try something different for a change.

I am just curious if you thought Stacy was the better dancer of the night?

Quote Originally Posted by allmychildren View Post
    ...Without the cowboy boots it would've been boring for me and I would've stop watching DWTS forever.
    So...No boots and you boycott the show forever?

Well...to each his own.

MRD
    I have not liked Stacy either and I think the comments fake and no heart in it are true. She's kind of a cold fish.

Jerry and Anna were hilarious and very good in the freestyle.
    Drew and Cheryl: WOW WOW WOW!

Stacy and Tony, He stole the choregraphy from Sat. Nite Fever. So nothing exciting, nothing new, focus on him AND they were slow, slow, slow. Not in time with the music at all. They did not deserve the score they got. I was very surprised that their freestyle was not something WOW like the other 2.
    It could have just been one of the weekly dances. Blah.

I'm hoping Drew wins. He deserves it. Jerry in 2nd.

I had never heard the song Drew and Cheryl danced too before (Ok, I'm sheltered apparnatly) and I said to hubby: is this the theme song for Brokeback Mountain?. Then when Bruno said what he said, I just about died laughing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm not sure what happened with Stacy and Tony's last performance, not all that great. However, they have been the best dancers throughout this whole thing. I'm voting for the best dancers that would be Stacy and Tony. People seem to base this dancing thing on personalities instead of their dancing ability. Why not call the show a star personality contest with dancing. I remember the last show was the same thing viewer votes were based on personality. I have a feeling ABC made this such a drag with boring reruns throughout the show there will be less interest next show.

+ Reply to Thread