+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does the Finale work?

How does the Finale work?

Hope it's OK to start a new thread for this. If the answer is buried in another thread, I haven't found it.

I'm confused about how the show works this week. Does anyone else get it?

My understanding (from looking at TV Guide online) is that there are a two-hour shows on Thursday and Sunday night with Sunday being the finale. So far OK.

But I've forgotten how the winner is chosen. Is it simply up to the judges (since there doesn't seem to be a way to vote if the final performances are on Sunday and the show also ends then)? I can't remember how it worked last time-- although I think maybe it was the judges who chose, and that's why their 10s for Kelly were so controversial.

Thanks for any clarifying folks can do.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Hope it's OK to start a new thread for this. If the answer is buried in another thread, I haven't found it.

I'm confused about how the show works this week. Does anyone else get it?

My understanding (from looking at TV Guide online) is that there are a two-hour shows on Thursday and Sunday night with Sunday being the finale. So far OK.

But I've forgotten how the winner is chosen. Is it simply up to the judges (since there doesn't seem to be a way to vote if the final performances are on Sunday and the show also ends then)? I can't remember how it worked last time-- although I think maybe it was the judges who chose, and that's why their 10s for Kelly were so controversial.

Thanks for any clarifying folks can do.
    I can't remember either. It seems to me like it was only the two of them, so maybe 1 couple is eliminated on Thursday and the other 2 dance on Sunday?

I could be completely wrong, but I was under the impression that everyone danced Thursday and Sunday would be results.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The judges score the final dance on Sunday and those scores are added to the ones from Thursday. No audience voting on Sunday only judges scores. The teams will be awarded placement points based on the judges scores and the audience votes with 3 points for 1st and 2 for second, and 1 for third. The judges placement points and the audience placement points will then be added together for a final score. If two teams are tied then the team that had the most audience points will be the winner. Hope that helps. This is why some people feel that Jerry might sneak in as the winner because it could end up a threeway tie and since he may win the audience vote he would be the winner.

I feel rather uneasy about the fact that the judges can vote on Sunday's finale. As I see it, this might allow them to skew the votes in favor of the person whom they want to win if someone they find unworthy (say, Jerry) got the most audience votes and would win the entire competition. After the perfect tens they gave Kelly Monaco last season after she fell twice, I find the whole thing fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by baltboy22 View Post
    The judges score the final dance on Sunday and those scores are added to the ones from Thursday. No audience voting on Sunday only judges scores. The teams will be awarded placement points based on the judges scores and the audience votes with 3 points for 1st and 2 for second, and 1 for third. The judges placement points and the audience placement points will then be added together for a final score. If two teams are tied then the team that had the most audience points will be the winner. Hope that helps. This is why some people feel that Jerry might sneak in as the winner because it could end up a threeway tie and since he may win the audience vote he would be the winner.
    When Tom explained that voting thing last night, I thought he was talking about how the judges scores from last night's show would be added to the viewers' votes to...I'm not sure what...narrow it down to the final two, maybe? Or do all of the teams dance again on Sunday and then the judges vote on that again and that is added to the existing total of judge and audience votes.

I agree with you La Vie en Rose (or lavieenrose if you prefer). The whole scoring thing is definitely skewed toward allowing the judges to decide the winner, which as we know from last time isn't always even the best dancer.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

AI Warrior Princess dchambers59's Avatar

Judging and Voting

One interesting thing, though...

If the judges' scores for Sunday are added to the scores for Thursday, then the teams are still rated 1-2-3, no matter what their total is. Unless Drew and Cheryl have a complete meltdown, they are likely to still be rated 1 at the end of the day. And Jerry will likely still be rated 3. So, for all intents and purposes, their judged scores on Sunday will very likely have little impact on the final outcome, since the public voting won't be changed. The popular vote from Thursday is still going to have the biggest impact.

It was mentioned above that Jerry could still sneak in a win; however, this would require Jerry getting the most popular votes (quite possible), but Drew getting the fewest (unlikely at best).

My prediction?
    Drew/Cheryl win
    Jerry/Anna place 2nd
    Stacy/Tony place 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by dchambers59 View Post

If the judges' scores for Sunday are added to the scores for Thursday, then the teams are still rated 1-2-3, no matter what their total is. Unless Drew and Cheryl have a complete meltdown, they are likely to still be rated 1 at the end of the day. And Jerry will likely still be rated 3. So, for all intents and purposes, their judged scores on Sunday will very likely have little impact on the final outcome, since the public voting won't be changed. The popular vote from Thursday is still going to have the biggest impact.

It was mentioned above that Jerry could still sneak in a win; however, this would require Jerry getting the most popular votes (quite possible), but Drew getting the fewest (unlikely at best).

My prediction?
    Drew/Cheryl win
    Jerry/Anna place 2nd
    Stacy/Tony place 3rd
    The wild card is the voting public. There are many that will vote for the beautiful blonde with long legs regardless if she was the best that night. There are a lot of people on this other board that I visit are still cheering for Stacy despite Drew's performance. They are like Drew was great Thursday btu GO STACY! Anyway, I was looking at this chart with the totals and everything. Drew is ahead. Now if he got the most votes there then I think he has a good shot at winning.

I hope their Sunday performance is not a repeat of a past performance but I have a feeling that it is........

Quote Originally Posted by dchambers59 View Post

My prediction?
    Drew/Cheryl win
    Jerry/Anna place 2nd
    Stacy/Tony place 3rd
    Oh and if Stacy and Tony did come in 3rd place I think her and her partner would have a total meltdown!!!!!!!!!! They are used to people going on and on about how great they are.

+ Reply to Thread