+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Me too! I would prefer Jerry win over Stacy. I don't like her attitude. She thinks she is all that and got quite bitter that Carrie Anne found something to give her constructive criticism on...
    Exactly. Stacy seems to have forgotten that Carrie Ann told she was getting better than some of the pro dancers. Oh, Stacy was happy then. I think Stacy does not like Carrie Ann, personally. Keep Jerry, goodbye Stacy and your immature attitude.

Lisa is a great mom, a lasting 14 year marrige wich is rare in her occupation , a successful business person and has made a living in the entertainment industry from hard work and dedication. Unfortunately that business requires good looks to last longer than our genes allow. Nearly all actresses especially those over 40 have had some enhancements to stay working after gravity takes over...bodies like Stacey's last only so long.

She presented her self with class and dignity and graciousness beyond the norm and I for one think she is a great representative of manyl over 40 woman and has just as much reason to be proud of her accomplishments as Jerry.

Maybe she is not an icon in Sports as Jerry can claim or has the fan following but in this competition but I think she has held her own and then some! and it has nothing to do with her looks but her hard work and committment to the competition.
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 02-19-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    Lisa is a great mom, a lasting 14 year marrige wich is rare in her occupation , a successful business person and has made a living in the entertainment industry from hard work and dedication. Unfortunately that business requires good looks to last longer than our genes allow. Nearly all actresses especially those over 40 have had some enhancements to stay working after gravity takes over...bodies like Stacey's last only so long.

She presented her self with class and dignity and graciousness beyond the norm and I for one think she is a great representative of manyl over 40 woman and has just as much reason to be proud of her accomplishments as Jerry.

Maybe she is not an icon in Sports as Jerry can claim or has the fan following but in this competition but I think she has held her own and then some! and it has nothing to do with her looks but her hard work and committment to the competition.
    Once again, you and I agree. As I have said many times in this thread, I admire Jerry Rice tremendously as a football player and, more importantly, as a person. I do think he is a great role model for young boys of any race.
    While he worked very hard and improved tremenously in this competition, he was the fourth best dancer in this group of semi-finalists and should have gone home this week.

I think Lisa is also greatly improved over the course of this competition and deserved a place in the finals although I don't think she was good enough to win it. She worked hard and came a very long way.

As a woman over forty, I have no problem with Lisa representing me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I agree completely and one thing that I loved the most about Lisa was she never tried to hide the fact that she really really wanted it and that she rode the roller coaster of emotions each week on her sleeve for everyone to see...she didn't wait until it was in the confessional...she did it right there on air in front of everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by florimel
    Once again, you and I agree. As I have said many times in this thread, I admire Jerry Rice tremendously as a football player and, more importantly, as a person. I do think he is a great role model for young boys of any race.
    While he worked very hard and improved tremenously in this competition, he was the fourth best dancer in this group of semi-finalists and should have gone home this week.

I think Lisa is also greatly improved over the course of this competition and deserved a place in the finals although I don't think she was good enough to win it. She worked hard and came a very long way.

As a woman over forty, I have no problem with Lisa representing me.
    I agree with your statement also. Jerry Rice is a outstanding athlete and a great individual and I do believe he worked very hard each week but out of the remaining contestants he wasn't up to par with them.
    I've always been a big fan of Lisa's (starting back when she was on Days) and I could care less if she's had plastic surgery of any kind or not..if you want it and can afford it-more power to you. Makes no difference to me.....!

Off topic for minute...when did they say the finale was going to be? Sunday? Will they have a episode Thursday and then the finale on Sunday? Anyone know??
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Jerry Fans....

I wonder ...Do you honestly think that your hero Jerry would not have a problem awarding the Superbowl trophy to the team that had the most fans call in or improved the most during the season or that tried the hardest and had the best attitude????.. REALLY!

The votes kept your Football MVP in the competition...now it is time to vote for the BEST dancers not your favorite celebrity sportsman in another venue

Quote Originally Posted by Erika221 View Post
    I actually think that Bruno is the biased one for Stacy and Carrie Ann is biased against her, so hopefully their bias will cancel each other out and Drew can win!
    I agree with you. After Carrie Ann's comments about how technically good Stacy is, but that she never knows what Stacy is trying to tell us means to me that she feels the way I do about Stacy's dancing. I watch her, and while I know it's good, it does not move me in anyway at all. It doesn't feel as if she puts the same emotion into as Drew and Lisa. Bruno is just salivating over her 42" legs.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Off topic for minute...when did they say the finale was going to be? Sunday? Will they have a episode Thursday and then the finale on Sunday? Anyone know??
    Tonights commercial said two hours show on Thursday and final show on Sunday!!!

Tonights commercial said two hours show on Thursday and final show on Sunday!!!
    Actually, I think the show on Thursday is supposed to be the usual 90 minutes, but the finale on Sunday is two hours.

I can't believe that Lisa got the boot before Jerry. Yeah, Jerry tried and worked hard, but you don't award the best grade to the kids who studied the most for the test; you give it to those who actually performed the best. Lisa was robbed (but so was Giselle Fernandez, along with anyone ousted before Master P.)

FORT Fogey
    Personally I do not see any other way of voting other than by popularity because the dancers clearly start out at different levels. Can Jerry, P, Kenny ever compete with Stacy or even Giselle for that matter if it was strictly judges with no public vote. I think the whole show either needs to even the dancers more or instead of competing with each other have it competing with themselves and give them goals and if they reach them they get charity money or something and noone goes home and it is for entertainment value more than a lopsided contest. I am sorry I cannot seriously take the voting serious when it is like lets say we have them all compete in a football competition and than wonder why Jerry wins instead of Stacy. She is a dancer has been trained and he is not and has not been does that mean he deserves to lose perhaps but is there really a logical winner in this mess of scoring and voting anyways? They all need to be on Stacy's level or Jerry's to have the competition fair. With the logic of voting for best dancer than Jerry, P, Kenny, and George should never have gotten one vote so really should not have been invited to participate.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    Actually, I think the show on Thursday is supposed to be the usual 90 minutes, but the finale on Sunday is two hours.
    I can't believe that Lisa got the boot before Jerry. Yeah, Jerry tried and worked hard, but you don't award the best grade to the kids who studied the most for the test; you give it to those who actually performed the best. Lisa was robbed (but so was Giselle Fernandez, along with anyone ousted before Master P.)
    YIKES! So its gonna go head to head with AI results show????? Crap! AND Survivor!!!! I'm gonna have to tape a couple of shows!!!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 02-20-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread