+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    And I must be the antithesis of a typical soap fan because I cannot stand WWE or any type of wrestling. In fact, that's the weirdest correlation that I've ever heard.....
    Amen, sistah! (Although I despise soap operas too.)

For Jerry to win this over Drew or even Stacy would be a travesty of justice. He hasn't worked any harder than the others, but just has no natural ability for dancing. Jerry has had a long and rewarding career in football where he is considered one of the all time best. There is no shame in him not being good at something like this. If anything the judges have been generous with his scores and his partner should be more honest with him about that.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Amen, sistah! (Although I despise soap operas too.)

For Jerry to win this over Drew or even Stacy would be a travesty of justice. He hasn't worked any harder than the others, but just has no natural ability for dancing. Jerry has had a long and rewarding career in football where he is considered one of the all time best. There is no shame in him not being good at something like this. If anything the judges have been generous with his scores and his partner should be more honest with him about that.
    The one thing I haven't liked about Jerry was his bitching about the scores. They aren't scoring for effort--they are scoring for results. And his results have been mixed, at best. I agree that the judges have been generous to him.

He seems like a lovely man, but he should have been hanging his head in shame last night.

Lisa and Louis were SO much better than Jerry and Anna. Everyone knows it. And it's been obvious that they would be booted before Jerry from the get-go. Frankly, I was amazed that they outlasted George and Edyta, even though they were clearly better than them, too.

I was so upset last night that I actually shed tears when Louis wiped his eyes! I was ranting about the unfairness of it all to my bemused husband. I really can't believe that I've gotten so vested in a reality show!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Dang! I love Jerry Rice. He is definitely the most improved here and I admire his hard work and his willingness to take ballet lessons and learn a new activity that requires completely different skills than what he's used to but....but he doesn't deserve to be in the top 3 based on his dancing ability.

Drew and Lisa were my favorite two dancers to watch. I almost always enjoy their performances and am sorry when they end. While Stacy has a good line and seems to be making the right moves, I often feel bored watching her dance.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    I was so upset last night that I actually shed tears when Louis wiped his eyes! I was ranting about the unfairness of it all to my bemused husband. I really can't believe that I've gotten so vested in a reality show!
    Welcome to the lovely world of reality TV!!! Many a tear I have shed over some reality show along with many a cans of whoopa** I've wanted to open against others on reality shows!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    I really can't believe that I've gotten so vested in a reality show!
    to the darkside boxhill.

I forgot to mention that Tom did a great and very entertaining job. He is clearly no stranger to ballroom dancing. He was much better than Jerry too.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    " Jerry has shown himself to be a class act, a role model and a credit to his race, gender and profession".......

I do not know how you cannot say the same for Lisa!!!!!

She represents all the sexy women over 40!!!!
    No she does not. I am her age, and she does NOT represent me. I think its great she learned how to dance at 42 and she did do a magnificent job.

But I have friends that learned ballroom over 60, so what?

I am proud to be a woman over 40, but in no way do I want Lisa representing me!

I'm so tired of women of a "certain age" feeling that they have to resort to plastic surgery or other techniques to look "good" over 40. I'm sorry, but to me Lisa Rinna looks about as fake as Cher.

REAL over 40 women are proud of what they have accomplished WITHOUT cosmetic help!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    what exactly is the point of this "competition"?
    Ratings.

Very sorry to see Lisa gone, but not surprised. I think the show will be less entertaining with her gone. I really hope someone other than Stacy wins. Won't bother me a bit if that's Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Very sorry to see Lisa gone, but not surprised. I think the show will be less entertaining with her gone. I really hope someone other than Stacy wins. Won't bother me a bit if that's Jerry
    Me too! I would prefer Jerry win over Stacy. I don't like her attitude. She thinks she is all that and got quite bitter that Carrie Anne found something to give her constructive criticism on...

+ Reply to Thread